Spirit of Le Mans

• Thread starter dualshock
  • 269 comments
Well. Too bad we don't have more different manufacturers. But I am still excited. I will definitely check this pack :D

I'm hardly rioting.

Just simply stating that it would have been nice to have had more manufactures considering Porsche and Ferrari already got their own packs.

I get it, they have a big history in le man and for what it's worth I agree it is a decent looking pack.

But there are still some Cars from the likes of Peugeot, Mazda, Ford and Mclaren that would have been awesome in this pack.

But that's life I guess, not everything goes your way :P

Still 9 more cars for my drive every Car on Every track series.. and even a new track :D

Wonder how long it will take to draw out my first Le Mans pack car.

Still have only had one from the fun pack.. The Audi S1

And 3 from the Porsche Pack.

Let' see how many I can get before the Ferrari pack in September ;D

Aside from the authenticity of the list, where would the 924 GTP go? Own class is kind of silly....but group 4 and 5 machinery is different....hmm:confused:

And where would the 961 fit? GTO? that class would then span more than a decade....that´s hardly an improvement.

It is seen with BMW M1. Not sure if Multiclass racing or is it in Group 4.

And Porsche 961 is seen with Group C... I hope that one is multiclass racing :(

xly6qmF.jpg

This is the first time that the Porsche 961 has been featured in a racing game.

Im not disagreeing with anybody about variety actually. To be honest after the season pass ends I do hope they release a few dlc or give a few free cars.

Porsche 961 came seventh in lemans 1986 was able compete with the Group C cars. I felt like it should be in its own class like the Group B Protoype class also add in the Ferrari 288 GTO Evoluzione and the Porsche 961 has a competitor in this class despite the Ferrari not racing.

Last edited:
People are questioning that more awesome Porsche and Ferrari cars are added, but everyone is fine with two nearly identical versions of the Audi R18? In my opinion this pack would have been perfect if the Fuji setup R18 was instead the Mazda 787B.

I love that the R18 was split into two cars. It's more accurate to have the LM and high downforce kits separately, just like Group C and Indy have separate kits. I wish the Toyota and 919 were split into two cars, but that would definitely cause an uproar. One R18 will have more top speed and the other will be better on twisty tracks.

This is update 6.00 right? My PS4 says that installed but my game has no Le Man, oh wait I have to download it from PSN don't I?

Edit: Not in the store. What do now?

I played with the DLC. Pretty awesome

Positives:
- If you are a fan of Steve Mcqueens Lemans film get this dlc.
- classic lemans is beautiful and kudos for SMS for bringing old tracks back to life
- first time in a racing game where we get the Ferrari 512 and Porsche 917 racing each other. Its about bloody time we got it
-Porsche 961 is a beast and pretty much a forgotten car its great to see it make its debut in Project Cars 2
-2016 LMP1s are in their own class. So no 2014 vs 2016 which is good for balancing reasons also realistic

Negative:
-2016 Lmp1 lack that hybrid noise when braking
- DLC could have done with more variety when it comes to Lemans
-Toyota Ts050 sound is the same as the Ts040 which is disappointing.

Overall in my opinion its worth it. Highlight of this pack is Classic LeMans and the Ferrari 512 and the Porsche 917.

Recommendation: the track may look similar to the present one but dont be fooled. Classic lemans is very different and barriers are everywhere and there is barely any run off. Im going to learn the track by scratch.

Last edited:
I will get good value from the track and the 917LH, 512M, 512S, but I don't understand why the Porsche 924GTP and 961 were chosen - they could have been included in the Porsche pack. I would have preferred that those valuable spaces in the Le Mans pack were reserved for legends which would fill out existing game categories such as Jaguar D Type (to partner Aston Martin DBR1/300) and Ford GT40 MK1 (to partner Ford MK4 and Ferrari 300 P4).

I am not sure how the 924 GTP is going to fit in - hopefully there are enough liveries for a one make series - it was a legend in US racing I believe.

It would be nice if someone who has the pack already could let us know how many liveries each car has - hopefully as many as possible - the 961 might only have 3 as I believe only one was made - it was raced once at Le Mans and then at two other races in different colours.

Hopefully one 512 has a Sunoco Penske team livery as raced by Mark Donoghue and David Hobbs.

I will get good value from the track and the 917LH, 512M, 512S, but I don't understand why the Porsche 924GTP and 961 were chosen - they could have been included in the Porsche pack. I would have preferred that those valuable spaces in the Le Mans pack were reserved for legends which would fill out existing game categories such as Jaguar D Type (to partner Aston Martin DBR1/300) and Ford GT40 MK1 (to partner Ford MK4 and Ferrari 300 P4).

I am not sure how the 924 GTP is going to fit in - hopefully there are enough liveries for a one make series - it was a legend in US racing I believe.

It would be nice if someone who has the pack already could let us know how many liveries each car has - hopefully as many as possible - the 961 might only have 3 as I believe only one was made - it was raced once at Le Mans and then at two other races in different colours.

Hopefully one 512 has a Sunoco Penske team livery as raced by Mark Donoghue and David Hobbs.
The Sunoco 512M was in the trailer so I’m pretty sure it’ll be added. The 924 is in the Group 4 class with the BMW M1 which is the best fit in my opinion. Both cars were actually homologated to race in the Group 4 class by the FIA in the early 80s according to Wikipedia although I’m not sure they ever raced against each other in real life.
CEDEB1F7-C339-441E-B159-8A95B296E42E.png

Based on that data in the video the Porsche 924 it's power to weight ratio is 6.61 when converted to HP/kg. The M1 is 4.63 so we'll see how close they are on track

It would have been quite cool if SMS added the aluminium wing to the Sunoco 512M as well. Still very cool to see the livery there regardless.

They raced together in the 1981 European Sports Car Championship but there was only one 924. Every other Porsche was a 935.

All I did was go to Wikipedia and those two cars are on the entry list for that season. If you go to the Group 4 page in general both cars are listed near the bottom and show only used in 1981.

Last edited:
Back