Spirit of Le Mans

• Thread starter dualshock
  • 269 comments
Had a decent run with each car this evening. I used the LMP1-H cars at the current Circuit de la Sarthe and the others at Classic.

The Le Mans Classic circuit is great fun and a superb addition to PCars2. Driving at night felt very atmospheric and involving and tomorrow I will try rain. The vintage cars were a real treat there and sometimes a handful.

The LMP1-H cars are quite disappointing though which is a shame as they were my most anticipated. The poor sound of them is obvious at this stage too. For such cars I will stick to GTS and Assetto Corsa going forward.

Loving the 919, set up a GT3 LMP1-H lobby at Daytona online (PS4 if anyone wants to join my PSN is DeathStroke639) anyway, I was driving the Audi before the Porsche at the same track, and the Porsche is so much better to drive! Feels so natural!

I've driven all 4 of the LMP1 Hybrids now. Both Audis and the Porsche and the Toyota. Is the Toyota the slowest of them all? The Porsches just wanted to run right through the back of the Toyota. I really got bashed around by them all over Silverstone.

Yeah it is, but from what I’ve seen and tested it’s the best handling. With my setup and style anyways.

Yeah the Porsche and the Toyota are neck and neck with me on handling and I just use default setup. But they're both better than either Audi even the high downforce one. Both Audis tend to slide around with me.

Had a play last night and a video will be forthcoming, but I'm loving the '71 version of Le Mans.

I'm really glad that SMS did this correctly and not just the current circuit with the chicanes removed, as its a nice shock to experience just how much the circuit has changed since '71.

Its far narrower, much bumpier and has a much greater degree of elevation change in comparison, which makes for a very, very different experience. Add in the period 'window dressing' and you have a fantastic addition to the game and genre as a whole.

I'm quite conflicted with this dlc, on one hand the classic le mans content is fantastic, the 924 is classified wrong but its tons of fun and the 917 is amazing as always. On the other hand the three lmp1 cars are very disappointing for me, the headlights on the 919 are wrong as are the dimensions for the front of the car and sounds are just way off. I'm not too happy about the hybrids systems either as better solutions have been provided by competitors of project cars 2. All in all I still think its worth the money but I hope there is some improvement in the future as the quality seems lower then I've come to expect from SMS.

Had a play last night and a video will be forthcoming, but I'm loving the '71 version of Le Mans.

I'm really glad that SMS did this correctly and not just the current circuit with the chicanes removed, as its a nice shock to experience just how much the circuit has changed since '71.

Its far narrower, much bumpier and has a much greater degree of elevation change in comparison, which makes for a very, very different experience. Add in the period 'window dressing' and you have a fantastic addition to the game and genre as a whole.

I couldn´t play it yet because I am abroad but thank you for the reassurance for the bumpiness and narrowness. That´s what I want the track to feel like. The road surface just had to be worse 47 years ago. The drivers of the time always said even on the straight or near straight bits you had to grab your steering wheel for dear life because of the bumps, in the end it was much more of a road course back then.

What do you mean by window dressing, the trackside facilities and so on?

I'm quite conflicted with this dlc, on one hand the classic le mans content is fantastic, the 924 is classified wrong but its tons of fun and the 917 is amazing as always. On the other hand the three lmp1 cars are very disappointing for me, the headlights on the 919 are wrong as are the dimensions for the front of the car and sounds are just way off. I'm not too happy about the hybrids systems either as better solutions have been provided by competitors of project cars 2. All in all I still think its worth the money but I hope there is some improvement in the future as the quality seems lower then I've come to expect from SMS.

What's wrong with 919's light system and body shape?

919-2.jpg

919.JPG

Looks good to me.

I couldn´t play it yet because I am abroad but thank you for the reassurance for the bumpiness and narrowness. That´s what I want the track to feel like. The road surface just had to be worse 47 years ago. The drivers of the time always said even on the straight or near straight bits you had to grab your steering wheel for dear life because of the bumps, in the end it was much more of a road course back then.
That you're going to be doing.

What do you mean by window dressing, the trackside facilities and so on?
Yep, From the stands to the billboards, etc. its like driving the film.

Dude... the entire length of the video I was saying to myself: "aahh so beautiful", until you randomly crashed all by yourself in the middle of the track and everything turned into a pile of dump... haha

Back