Spirit of Le Mans

• Thread starter dualshock
  • 269 comments
If SMS ever release a free car in a patch.

I hope its the 2014 Porsche 919 Hybrid. We have the 2016 Triple now we gotta complete the 2014 one.

The drivers of the time always said even on the straight or near straight bits you had to grab your steering wheel for dear life because of the bumps, in the end it was much more of a road course back then.

I can't believe you said this!

Last night I wanted to enjoy the new track and do simple time trials in private testing. On the straightaways I couldn't believe how difficult it was to hold on to the car. My steering wheel (CSL Elite) was fighting me every inch of the way.

I wondered if my force-feedback was broken. Now that you've said this, I am more in awe of this game then I already was. It appears they have near perfectly reproduced the experience.

SMS makes me VERY happy. It is quite satisfying and immersive to play this game!

The LMP1-H cars are quite disappointing though which is a shame as they were my most anticipated. The poor sound of them is obvious at this stage too. For such cars I will stick to GTS and Assetto Corsa going forward.
While it may sound disappointing for not having new sounds for the latest DLCs cars the reason behind it is very simple; lack of resources to make or record new car sounds for every single car. The temporary solution is to use existing sounds they have and use and make alterations to those.

Yea. I was watching RandomCallsign's livestream when he was in GamerMuscle's lobby and he was repeatedly getting overtaken even with KERS being used.

Haha, I saw that from GM's side. I usually hang around his streams with the rest of his fellow titwinklers and then go watch Random Callsigns shorter videos. I noticed how he was competitive at the start and then soon just dissapeared into the back of the field.

Yeah the Porsche and the Toyota are neck and neck with me on handling and I just use default setup. But they're both better than either Audi even the high downforce one. Both Audis tend to slide around with me.

Really? For me it's exactly the opposite. I just ran the Le Mans setups that SMS included and was way slower on the Toyota compared to the Audi (low drag version). The R18 felt very stable and a bit boring or dead to me, but I ended up going around la sarthe about two seconds faster while the TS050 felt a lot lighter and nimble, I also liked the push of the KERS better on this one. I had more interest in the Porsche than the Audi, but that fell somewhere in the middle in most regards.
So I'll probably mostly go for the Toyota online even if I don't win. I'm pretty slow anyways, so it's not like it makes a huge difference :)

Haha, I saw that from GM's side. I usually hang around his streams with the rest of his fellow titwinklers and then go watch Random Callsigns shorter videos. I noticed how he was competitive at the start and then soon just dissapeared into the back of the field.
I had GM on my TV through PS4 and RC on my phone on mute for the second camera view. The few moments they raced each other were fun to watch but GM is really fast. RC just whined a lot about everyone being faster than him lol Isn't RandomCallsign on here? I coulda sworn I saw him post once or twice

Really? For me it's exactly the opposite. I just ran the Le Mans setups that SMS included and was way slower on the Toyota compared to the Audi (low drag version). The R18 felt very stable and a bit boring or dead to me, but I ended up going around la sarthe about two seconds faster while the TS050 felt a lot lighter and nimble, I also liked the push of the KERS better on this one. I had more interest in the Porsche than the Audi, but that fell somewhere in the middle in most regards.
So I'll probably mostly go for the Toyota online even if I don't win. I'm pretty slow anyways, so it's not like it makes a huge difference :)

I haven't driven either Le Mans course with them yet. For testing purposes I've been using Silverstone GP. Both Audis wanted to run wide at Copse and then slid a lot through Maggotts & Becketts. Both the Porsche and the Toyota also felt tighter on the slow stuff like Arena and Luffield. But I've only driven each one of them once.

Is it or will it be possible to choose these lmp1s from 2016 in the Global Endurance Trophy ?
I'm sorry I can't check it by myself because of some exams...

^Also wondering this. I want to be able to use my sweet R18 in the Endurance series! Otherwise it just sucks having these cars really only playable in custom races and some invitationals...

No none of the DLC classes or cars are available to choose in career but they will show up as AI competitors.

Oh yea there's Invitationals which are some curated events. What are they and what's the weather/time of day they use?

Is it just me or is the AI on Vintage Le Mans extremely slow compared to how they are on Modern Le Mans? Raced some Group C and GT1 and in both classes I just left them for dead after 1 lap :/

I drove the Vintage LeMans track for the first time tonight in the Ferrari 512 S and I can definitely see the love for it. It took me 6 laps to get a valid lap. The approach to Indianapolis got me 5 times in a row. I test drove it in clear blue sunlight but it makes me almost feel that I want to drive it in an early morning mist with one headlight busted out and blisters on my hands.

No none of the DLC classes or cars are available to choose in career but they will show up as AI competitors.
Ok if I'm driving LMP2 or GTE class , the 2016 LMP1 will appear as the AI competitors ?
When I bought the LeMans DLC , the 2014 LMP1 will replaced by 2016 LMP1 and they will not appear in same time in career ?
I don't want to see some 2014 LMP1 and 2016 LMP1 are competing in career ...

I can't believe you said this!

Last night I wanted to enjoy the new track and do simple time trials in private testing. On the straightaways I couldn't believe how difficult it was to hold on to the car. My steering wheel (CSL Elite) was fighting me every inch of the way.

I wondered if my force-feedback was broken. Now that you've said this, I am more in awe of this game then I already was. It appears they have near perfectly reproduced the experience.

SMS makes me VERY happy. It is quite satisfying and immersive to play this game!

Yes, nothing broken there! Just the missing downforce and 70s road surface quality ;)

I can‘t wait to return back home and finally experience what I‘ve been waiting for... come to think of authentic racing... the room where my set up is, gets quite hot in summer...that was always annoying but it represents cockpit temperature quite well haha

This track mulsanne straight is just a over 1 minute of pure acceleration bliss :D:bowdown::gtpflag:

I just wish it was a little longer
:lol::P

Dan Gurney (1967 winner) used to come off full throttle and coast several times on the Mulsanne to reduce the strain on the engine including a longer coast up to the braking zone!

I love the sand banks at key points around the circuit - just like they were in period. If anyone hasn't tried the 1967 Le Mans cars yet, I strongly recommend them with this track, also the Aston Martin DBR1/300 - I am desperately hoping that we get a period Ferrari to compete with that car.

Dan Gurney (1967 winner) used to come off full throttle and coast several times on the Mulsanne to reduce the strain on the engine including a longer coast up to the braking zone!

I love the sand banks at key points around the circuit - just like they were in period. If anyone hasn't tried the 1967 Le Mans cars yet, I strongly recommend them with this track, also the Aston Martin DBR1/300 - I am desperately hoping that we get a period Ferrari to compete with that car.
Well, every single car that was leaked a few months ago has come into fruition so far. The 250 TR was amongst them so we’re more likely than not going to see it in the game.

Back