Spokeless Rims?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Der Alta
  • 11 comments
  • 1,449 views

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
Messages
9,209
Messages
DerAlta
hublesseditsmall.jpg


Now that's an interesting looking bike.

Link to the originator/designer: http://burningart.com/meico/moto/sbarro/
Now that would turn heads.

Also check out Psycho Billy's Cadillac

AO
 
That's pretty badass, but it throws off the entirely perfect weight distribution going on with the rest of the bike.
 
I've seen the bike with the rear rim like that but never the front. Thats sweet!
 
That kicks ass, as stated I've seen bike with back spokeless, but not the front. It might be weird having the front tire like that.
 
Looks weird. I guess it have to grow on me. Its not like you see spokeless rims alot. This is my first time I have seen it, and I hope its not my last.

It looks pretty cool. But I wouldn't do it.
 
tha's cool!!! first time seeing it on a bike. but years ago i saw on TV (have no idea what show) that i guy made a car like that. all spokeless wheels. I forget how the drive wheels worked. i think it was actually AWD. it was cool, but i hardly remember anything about it now.
 
It's an interesting concept, but I think it looks goofy. Maybe it's because I'm used to the forks meeting the wheel in the center, but it just looks wrong. The spoke-less rear looks cool though.



-Mark
 
haha i thought this was funny:

Whilst they look pretty - very striking actually - they suffer from the slight draw back that they fail in every engineering principle you can apply to a wheel.

The rollerbearing and seal speeds are almost as high as the road speed.
The brg & seals are "in the muck".
The wheel is no longer a entire "structure" - relying on the bearings to prevent distortion.
rotating interia is much higher - bearing / seals / drive being almost at tyre diameter.
very small amount of damage results in a jammed wheel.
And other reasons I can't think of at the moment.
 
It's an interesting concept, no doubt about that. :sly:
Personally, I like it! Looks very unique.

Makes me wanna go stick my hand in them spokeless rims. :p
 
Now that's a proper fat reartire 👍

And quite a concept to boot. It looks good on the Chopper, but not something I'd consider for the old 7 ;)
 
Back