Sport collection to gt7

• Thread starter foxdylan
  • 7 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
foxdylan
Looking at the mass of fav decals i had in gtsport ... is there no way to swop them or must I wait for them to be re made

Looking at the mass of fav decals i had in gtsport ... is there no way to swop them or must I wait for them to be re made
This answer might depend on who is the creator of the decals.

If you made them, you could upload the original SVG file as before in GTS. I believe that they then would be in the "My Items" section in the left pane of the decal selection window of the livery editor. If you shared the original in GTS, it already should be included in the "My Items" section.

If you acquired them from someone else, you might have a couple options. I can't remember whether the PSN ID of the creator is linked to the decal after downloading to your "Collection". If it is, you could request to them that they share the decal again in GT7. If not, you might submit a request in the Livery Editor sub-forum. Alternatively, if you shared a livery using a desired decal in GTS, you should be able to choose that livery in GT7.

Meanwhile, you could search for a suitable replacement using the "Content Search" function of the new "Showcase" area from the GT7 World Map. This also is accessible via the Web from your GT7 Profile page. "Showcase" is a tab near the top of the page next to "My Page". Below this will appear more tabs; select "Content Search" & use the search form there.

This has been known for a very long time, generally not spoken about much, because unlike the other thing you posted, this does allow people to download other peoples work and re share it as their own. Just sayin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know, just find out it by myself today. I don't even know what I'd gain should I repost decals that 8 months later are still missing in GT7 from the GTS storage. I won't share them, no probs.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's not useful for legit reasons... looking at my PM's, it's April 2018 that I first started recovering banned decals for people using the same method, but.. the fact is, someone that's only interested in getting likes and followers can use it to rip off any decal they want from GTS, and repost it in GT7 to farm the likes (for self gratification I guess). Granted, it's going to be trivial to a lot of people, but you opted to blank out your posts regarding editing un editable liveries, I don't see why you would share this publically.

Back