Decal collection from Sport?

• Thread starter djdest
  • 37 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
djdest
Just opened my collection and it’s only showing about 9 of my own created decals, and none of my huge collection in Sport, have I really got to find them all again? :(

Maybe it's connected to the user who uploaded the decals. If they haven't started a GT7 profile yet the decals may not show up. Check your libraries from time to time and see if they grew over the next few days I guess

Yeah unfortunatelly only those Decals that have been shared yb you publicly got transfered to GT7 (even though it should have applied to all of them) :(
The people who have shared their decals and you put them into your collection need to get GT7 and re-publish everything in order for us to have access to those again.

Hi guys, just looking for some guidance here.

Is my understanding correct...

Polyphony said all decals would be transferred to GT7, regardless of whether shared to all, to friends only, or not all.

My issue is that it seems that only 'Shared to all' decals have been transferred; AND this is capped at a max of 100. The My Items > Decals page only shows the last 100 uploaded; and the ability to change pages to see any more decals (L1/R1) is disabled on My Items > Decals page even after re-uploading +100 decals.

If I upload another decal; then the 100th decal drops off.

Are any other decal creators seeing this issue?

...The flow-on effect here is that if I apply a GT Sport livery in GT7, and the livery relied on a decal that is not shown in my latest 100 decals, then the livery has gaps where those deals should be placed.

Yep, that's how it currently is. Seems to be a bug tho.

For now you need to upload the decals again and then replace the "nothings" with them. All data of the decal (color/size/position) is preserved, it's just the image itself that's missing.

I still can’t see any of my Sport liveries, I should have loads that were all shared on Sport. Or will they appear only after owning the car in 7?

They will start the transfer on feb.15, DR and SR, decals and liveries (car/suit/helmet). Scapes/race pictures won’t be transferred and neither will your replays.

Polyphony said all decals would be transferred to GT7, regardless of whether shared to all, to friends only, or not all.

My issue is that it seems that only 'Shared to all' decals have been transferred; AND this is capped at a max of 100. The My Items > Decals page only shows the last 100 uploaded; and the ability to change pages to see any more decals (L1/R1) is disabled on My Items > Decals page even after re-uploading +100 decals.

...The flow-on effect here is that if I apply a GT Sport livery in GT7, and the livery relied on a decal that is not shown in my latest 100 decals, then the livery has gaps where those deals should be placed.
Can confirm that I have the exact same issues you described. Can't scroll past my first 100 decals, with the L1/R1 button faded out.

Hope this gets more attention, kinda game breaking IMO.

What a mess!
I spent hours and hours creating liveries, and really enjoyed it, so was greatly looking forward to the new version.
I think I’ll ignore it until some patches get sorted

I am have having the same problem I would if it’s a bug

They will start the transfer on feb.15, DR and SR, decals and liveries (car/suit/helmet). Scapes/race pictures won’t be transferred and neither will your replays.
On gran-turismo.com

Well, at March 4th (as per official site) they announce something that will start at February 15th? They are referring to the February 15th 3 weeks in the past or 2023? :boggled:

They say all decals will be transferred, the liveries only the ones shared, to a limit of 100?

In my case, to date no decal was transfered, as none was shared. As I understand, all the decals need to be reshared, as I couldn't any portuguese flag with the search tool in GT7.
Had a livery shared for Honda Integra, it was aplied with no issues, except some decals that were removed from libraries (like tobacco advertising...), didn't understood why I would have to pay 4000 credits to aplly it, as if you start a livery from scratch in GT7 is free!

The need to share liveries is a bummer to me, because I have a basic layout livery for all my cars, started to put it in some cars in GT Sport in the last days just to be ready in GT7 and don't intend to share that liveries to others.

On decals section, it seems there isn't the option of adding shared decals to your library anymore. I believe that's because the search tool is in the decal selection, can be pratical in creating a livery but it would be nice to have a library with decals we would use all the time.

Other bummer is the special colors, at the moment none was transferred from GT Sport, there aren't "mileage points" to buy them in GT7, we have to use Credits to buy them...

The bolded part is what I'm seeing. Also, the only decals that transferred from GTS to GT7 for me have been the very first 10 or so that I ever did.....the first waaay back in January 2018 and nothing recent.

And another thing I've found (and forgot about apparently), GTS Puma suit #4 looks just like GT7 Puma suit #1, (the default one I have) ,and you cannot use a suit livery from GTS #4 suit on the only suit we have now (which looks identical to me).
Just have to wait till #4 comes out, as I did ALOT of suit liveries with that one apparently.

I am not seeing a single decal in my collection. I had about 300 in Sport. So the original creators of those decals have to get GT7 in order to transfer them?

The bolded part is what I'm seeing. Also, the only decals that transferred from GTS to GT7 for me have been the very first 10 or so that I ever did.....the first waaay back in January 2018 and nothing recent.

And another thing I've found (and forgot about apparently), GTS Puma suit #4 looks just like GT7 Puma suit #1, (the default one I have) ,and you cannot use a suit livery from GTS #4 suit on the only suit we have now (which looks identical to me).
Just have to wait till #4 comes out, as I did ALOT of suit liveries with that one apparently.
I am haveing the same Issue is it a bug ???

Last edited:
I am not seeing a single decal in my collection. I had about 300 in Sport. So the original creators of those decals have to get GT7 in order to transfer them?
Same here. Absolutely nothing transferred over. Decals, liveries, nothing

I'm writing it again, for the 10th time in various threads :D

• You need the car in GT7 to import the livery from GTS and the livery will only show up if it's among your 100 latest shared ones in GTS. If it isn't, delete some of the ones that are loaded by GT7 (filter by all when opening a livery) and refresh, then older ones will appear.
  • Decals you just saved are not carried over to your GT7 collection, you need to build it up again.
  • Your own uploaded decals will only show up, when they were also shared publicly (this is a bug I think).
  • There currently is a bug acknowledged by PD that no more than 100 saved decals are currently shown. I expect a fix within the next few weeks.
  • If you manage to load a livery in and it has decals missing, you just need to search a new one or upload it yourself, hit replace on the missing decal and it should be there as it was before, since size, color and position are still saved upon the transfer of a livery; it's just the decal itself that's missing.

On the official website, it says that decal/livery transfers can be delayed. Makes a bit of sense, I don't think they have the power to get everyone's creations moved all at once.

I'll give it a few weeks. Not too worried about it right now.

On the official website, it says that decal/livery transfers can be delayed. Makes a bit of sense, I don't think they have the power to get everyone's creations moved all at once.

I'll give it a few weeks. Not too worried about it right now.
Sure, they were too busy taking down videos and pictures of the game, released by people who received the game too early, from the web, instead of doing what they should be doing...

I’ll be so annoyed if my unshared decals don’t transfer over, I no longer have the laptop I created them with so cannot upload them again :(

I kinda like the fact that its not possible (yet) to sync all the liveries and decals from GTSport. Normally I would just put a fantastic livery on my racing machine, now I had to do some decals myself which makes the car feel even more 'myself'.

Of course I hope the complete collection will be transferred over soon but think this is kinda cool.

If you manage to load a livery in and it has decals missing, you just need to search a new one or upload it yourself, hit replace on the missing decal and it should be there as it was before, since size, color and position are still saved upon the transfer of a livery; it's just the decal itself that's missing.
This is the bit that's worrying me.

The SVG's aren't missing. They're on the server.

It seems that what PD is carrying over is the livery file that you'd have used in GTS to compose the livery, not the final, 'applied', finished liveries.

These files need the SVG files to be present in your library to show up.

If PD's carry over process looks at the livery file, then seeks out the SVG's in your own library (rather than just looking for the file on the server), then any decal you've deleted (because you'd finished and shared the livery) isn't going to load.

If this is correct, even if their transfer process works as intended, people will still have to re-upload and re-apply any decals they'd previously deleted. I'm very much hoping this is not the case.

This is the bit that's worrying me.

The SVG's aren't missing. They're on the server.

It seems that what PD is carrying over is the livery file that you'd have used in GTS to compose the livery, not the final, 'applied', finished liveries.

These files need the SVG files to be present in your library to show up.

If PD's carry over process looks at the livery file, then seeks out the SVG's in your own library (rather than just looking for the file on the server), then any decal you've deleted (because you'd finished and shared the livery) isn't going to load.

If this is correct, even if their transfer process works as intended, people will still have to re-upload and re-apply any decals they'd previously deleted. I'm very much hoping this is not the case.
Yep that's what I just posted about in the general discussion.. that's really a bad move from PD.
Maybe a requirement for offering the possibility of editing other user's liveries ?

It seems like that's how it is tho, @MatskiMonk. I never came to the point where I needed to delete uploaded decals, but I wish they'd have brought over un-shared decals as well. Kind of a pain to upload them all again.

I wish they'd have brought over un-shared decals as well. Kind of a pain to upload them all again.
This does appear to a be a bug as you said, in the changeover notes it explicitly said that decals didn't need to be shared... (and they're still on the server!!). The SVG file on my PC has over 1600 decals in it, and I'd only made about 50 liveries, the 1000 limit is a bit of a pain, I'm permanently at it, and having to delete stuff most of the time.

Maybe a requirement for offering the possibility of editing other user's liveries ?
I think it's more likely a requirement for working with body mods and the new projection areas. I can see why they'd think that's a benefit, but I'd bet it's going to bone a fair few livery creators.

At the moment the decal uploader is already available in GT 7 too, acessing to gran-turismo.com you can sign in GT Sport or GT 7.

On gran-turismo.com

Well, at March 4th (as per official site) they announce something that will start at February 15th? They are referring to the February 15th 3 weeks in the past or 2023? :boggled:

[…]
Yeah my bad :scared: I read that in a announcement in GTsport and never realized it saying February while it’s March already… Realizing that, I expected the transfer to be done already, but it obviously isn’t yet… hopefully they’ll get it done shortly, so all we can do now is wait…

Back