Sports Car GT

• Thread starter Acid X
  • 73 comments
United States
California
Axidwulv
Who here plays/has this game?

Am i wrong in saying it totally rocks?

...by the way, if anybody has this game and a good connection, feel free to PM me sometime and we will play :D

Originally posted by ~JoeGT1~
I'd play ya in SCGT, but how do I get multiplayer to work?

You just go to multiplayer, then to TCP/IP, but you have to have the persons ip #, or you would just type in localhost, then give someone else your ip #, then they would connect to you and join the game you created :D

Originally posted by PunkRock
don't play with me though... ;)

Hehe. you need a better con man.. that was just plain hilarious!! You were all over the track, that was quite funny!!

Well, i just picked this game up for the PC tonight at wallmart. It came in a 2 for 1 pack for $13. I got SCGT and Superbike 2000.
I read some reviews on SCGT after i got home with it, and damn it sounds like fun! Has anybody played this? Does anyone STILL play it? wut do you think of it? I've been searching for the past 2 hours for upgrades/updates/patches/add-ons etc... All i've found is the latest patch, and some add-on cars. But from wut i've read around various sites (got from google) that there was quite a bit of modifying to this game going on from the community. I read of Visual damage packs, many user made cars and tracks, and even an update to support 24 cars at once! but i can't find any of it! anyone have these items? i would love to get a hold of these. i'm probably gonna try this game out next week, but so far im pretty excited. the graphics seem decent and the game itself sounds wicked. (Vat-man, the AI sounds like it rivals TOCA 2 that you talked about, i read in a review at gspot how the AI makes mistakes at really crucial moments like human drivers. sweet!) well back to searchin for me :mad: ...toodles!

hmmm... that doesn't sound good. i also read that EA wanted the PC and PSX versions to be a similar as possible (except graphics obviously) but the PC version did get good reviews. i didn't check on PSX as well.... i sold that "thing" when i got PS2 ;)

well, after many hours of searchin i seem to be getting somewhere. wow, lots of stuff for this game. people have made whole series for this game! i d/l the whole ALMS 2000 series! sweet! there's cart racing for this too. and just about ANYTHING you can thnk of...check out this shot of some user made shtuff. mind you, this shot is only from beta work, so the final cars will look even better...damn i can't believe this game is from 1999...hehehe

Attachments

• gt300-v13-beta.jpg
    gt300-v13-beta.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 242
Those shots don't look too bad.

The whole PSX game was shocking - dud graphics, poor sound, weird handling - handling was so poor you couldn't really race it.

SCGT is a pretty damn good game on the PC. I never got any of the addons, but I had my fun with it (got too old, had for over a year now). Its everything a good race sim should be, minus the visual damage (I could never get the patch to work):)

heres a close up of the ferrari. damn nice if ya ask me. put on some FSAA (thats jaggie elminator for you not in the know...:P )
and viola! GT3!! (well not quite, but close enough) 😈

Attachments

• yellow_magic_ferrari2.jpg
    yellow_magic_ferrari2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 215
yea, i can imagine it getting old. but with all these add-ons its like a whole new game! i checked out shots from its release, and compared to all these user made works, its like a world of difference.

Nice shots- that is the advantage of modifying on-line - I still run GP2 on the laptop because of the downloads.

Is this the game that has Tiff Needell commentating on the English version? If so,i got this the graphics look kinda familiar.It was ok but it didn't have the same feel as TOCA 2,IMHO.

Originally posted by Tailslide
Is this the game that has Tiff Needell commentating on the English version? If so,i got this the graphics look kinda familiar.It was ok but it didn't have the same feel as TOCA 2,IMHO.

No - that was the original TOCA.

yea thanx. i found that site, it did have quite a bit, but more of the really good stuff wasnt on the page. (like the JGTC set) but i seem to be making good progress. found quite a bit.

Back