Spot Race Challenge Discussion Thread!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 809 comments

mafia_boy

(Banned)
GTP_Mafiaboy
This is the area for discussing the creation of all the guidelines for the Spot Race Challenge, for any upcoming challenges that anyone wants to announce to other people and general Spot Race banter.

So, to kick things off........Leo, you have now joined Holdenboy on my 'list' of people to challenge in the future. :sly:

I don't know, I figured if Kent has rules in mind I'd just follow whatever he makes and be happy.

Let him set the rules, that's fine with me.....we can still discuss about it in here though Holdenboy. Am I right about that?? :) Keeping it seperate from the Tuner Challenge thread because it's a different ongoing thing (and Leo will be complaining about us chocking up another 10 pages of that thread with our last debate). ;)

I'll consider it.. but you should think about challenging Greycap. he's the faster one out of us.. and second fastest driver I know of.:scared:

Nah, I prefer to do it in baby steps. :sly: You first, then Grey if I can beat ya. ;)

But this is after mine and Holdenboy's grudge race. So, let's get something going with this. I'll have a car up sometime after the TCv3 results (just re-testing RJ's car)......so it should be by tomorrow I'll dish up something you can take on. :mischievous:

so, how will this spot race challenge go?? will it be an on-line race or posting your lap times here?? just curious..,

I've been asking that same question for a while =drifting24/7=. A free trip to someones house for a 2P battle sounds like the best idea. :lol:

Mafs, why arent I on your list? :(

I've been asking that same question for a while =drifting24/7=. A free trip to someones house for a 2P battle sounds like the best idea. :lol:

wish I could, I have long wanted to battle a highly-skilled opponent at GT4, so that I could continue to improve my driving skills.., :sly:

Mafs, why arent I on your list? :(

*The list*
Holdenboy
Leo
roj

HAPPY?? :P

As for time posting, get independent person to test or if they can't, both players put their best times with BOTH cars. Kind of what Holdenboy and RJ were going to do with their VTC Club Racers.

:lol: Put a list in your sig Mafs, and I may already have a nice little weapon to take you on with, not sure how good it is at Roj's home course though- Trial Mountain.

Yet there we are, on the list in your sig. ;)
Well, when I put my car up in Aussie Tuners (may be a week away yet) I'll tell you and we can have this little scrap.

Yet there we are, on the list in your sig. ;)
Well, when I put my car up in Aussie Tuners (may be a week away yet) I'll tell you and we can have this little scrap.

Took some chopping and changing to get it to fit. :cool: 350 characters isn't that much when you include url links. :sly:

what about dimplz....mafs....I ve been keeping tabs on our race too

Judging by this post I guess you will still be around occasionally :dopey:

Edit: Yes GT90210, and some time there is meant to be a proper thread opening where there will be lap records with a full list posted of who is the fastest on a given track. (Who's car is the fastest rather)

Judging by this post I guess you will still be around occasionally :dopey:

Edit: Yes GT90210, and some time there is meant to be a proper thread opening where there will be lap records with a full list posted of who is the fastest on a given track. (Who's car is the fastest rather)

What about if 1 guy challenges another to a race with say, a hp cap or a budget cap just to race him without telling any settings untill after. Basically what I'm saying is a freelance spot race thread. Wander in, see whos there, issue a challenge, go race.

I guess that's what we're doing at the moment. Even though no such races have occured yet :sly:

Well then maybe we can kick it off eh?

How about a 1.8L NB Miata race at Tsukaba. 2 laps, lowest cumulative time wins. Only mods are BBC, FC Trans, whatever engine stuff you want to get to 165 max.

Hows that sound? Use tonight/wednesday to tune, thursday run our "official" laps and clock in.

165hp?? If it's that small, all it needs then is an oil change!! :lol: Especially if you have an 1800RS like I do. :cool:

@ dimplz - You're only going to be on once a month from now on?? :odd: So I take it that like the menstrual cycle, you're going to be GTP's monthly 'visitor'!! :P

*still waiting to see what race dimplz is going on about*

Well then maybe we can kick it off eh?

How about a 1.8L NB Miata race at Tsukaba. 2 laps, lowest cumulative time wins. Only mods are BBC, FC Trans, whatever engine stuff you want to get to 165 max.

Hows that sound? Use tonight/wednesday to tune, thursday run our "official" laps and clock in.

I'm game.

Won't win due to me being a quite SLOW driver, but hey... I can try!

💡

What about a ladder style knockout format?? That way there's head to head battles the whole way through. The category for each level can be set and everyone follow that basic rule and face eachother head to head.

eg. With this MX5/Miata idea......get everyone to build one up, race against each other in head to head battles. Winners of battles progress to next round. New category picked. Repeat cycle until there is only 1 tuner standing. 👍:mischievous: Like a 'KING OF TUNERS' type of thing.

Back