Spot Race Challenge Discussion Thread!!

• Thread starter mafia_boy
  • 809 comments
I'm game.

Won't win due to me being a quite SLOW driver, but hey... I can try!

Heck this looks like some fun to be had here:) I want in:idea:

Alright you are all welcome in! It was originally intended just for N4HS but the more the merrier!

I look forward to seeing what you guys have to offer. Maybe I'll make some trophy graphic for the winner

@Mafs, how bout we do that after what I mentioned unless that's what the other guys wanna do.

The Miata Challenge @ Tsukuba
2004 Mazda Miata 1800RS
Max HP: 165

Allowed mods
FC Trans
Any engine mod as long as it stays in the power cap
S series tires
Wing
Wheels​

Just a nice, laid back little race. All times due in Thursday, 4/24/2008. You must run 2 clean laps. Lowest overall time wins a small graphical trophy and bragging rights. I can't enforce this but please only make 1 official run. By that, I mean, if you are running real good in practice, quit, and start a 2 lap run. Good luck guys!

I don't know if I had to " Sign-up " for this run, but I did a best of 1'12.041 in a basicallt stock Miata with the FC Tranny and a Wing and soft sport tires. If you require proof, I can provide in turn.

I3ig Mike

I can't enter, I don't have my PS2 at the moment. I would if I could. How ironic though, the person GT90210 originally challenged is the 1 person that can't enter.

💡

What about a ladder style knockout format?? That way there's head to head battles the whole way through. The category for each level can be set and everyone follow that basic rule and face eachother head to head.

eg. With this MX5/Miata idea......get everyone to build one up, race against each other in head to head battles. Winners of battles progress to next round. New category picked. Repeat cycle until there is only 1 tuner standing. 👍:mischievous: Like a 'KING OF TUNERS' type of thing.

I'm liking that idea Mafs. :D

Might try the MX-5 @ Tsukuba thing.

I'm liking that idea Mafs. :D

Thanks Roj, I was overdue for a good idea. :lol:

Might try the MX-5 @ Tsukuba thing.

I would be thrashing my MX5 around Tsukuba right now, except my right arm is absolutely killing me at the moment, I think I've pulled my lateralus (lat) because it's hurting to breathe and I've used about 1/4 of a tube of Voltaren to try and relax the muscle. :scared:

Plus typing 1 handed sucks!! I'm trying with two hands but it's a bit difficult. :irked:

I had a killer stomach ache this morning. Still went to college though since I get paid £30 if I turn up without fail each week. :D

Get well soon Mafs, so I can thrash your ass. :P

Edit: S series tyres means we can run any S tyre right? S1/2/3.
Edit2: WTF this thing has 163bhp stock and the lowest bhp I can get when I mod it is 166. :lol:
Edit3: 1'06.972 is my time during practice. Hopefully when I go for the "official" run I can cut into the .8s.

I'm currently using full downforce on the wing, S3 tyres, FC Tranny thats been made very short for Tsukuba-only use and the wheels from the AE86 SS :lol: Stock power.

My arm's calmed down a lot in the past hour but now I'm in a bit of a dilemma. :nervous: Should I:

a) Play with MX5's settings, blah blah blah, get some practice and a time for this challenge......

OR

b) Build Toyota Levin BZ-R and go drilling the newbie's supposed "World Record" Tsukuba time. ;)

Decisions decisions..............

My arm's calmed down a lot in the past hour but now I'm in a bit of a dilemma. :nervous: Should I:

a) Play with MX5's settings, blah blah blah, get some practice and a time for this challenge......

OR

b) Build Toyota Levin BZ-R and go drilling the newbie's supposed "World Record" Tsukuba time. ;)

Decisions decisions..............

MX-5. Its cheaper. :lol: And more fun. ;)

But I already own the MX5 1800RS, that's 160hp, nothing else is needed roj, it's actually quite sad. :lol: I'm going to look at another version to race with just incase I can get better torque figures while staying under that 165hp limit. ;)

And the Levin..........well I own the Levin too (the follies of wanting every FF in the game for 1/4 mile racing) but haven't tried to tune it to turn, yet. :embarrassed:

The rules state you must use the 1800RS '04 :P

I have a Levin and a Trueno, I think the Trueno is tuned a bit though. Stock Levin.

2004 Mazda Miata 1800RS

Allowed mods
FC Trans
S series tires
Wing
Wheels​

Just a nice, laid back little race. All times due in Thursday, 4/24/2008. You must run 2 clean laps. Lowest overall time wins a small graphical trophy and bragging rights. I can't enforce this but please only make 1 official run. By that, I mean, if you are running real good in practice, quit, and start a 2 lap run. Good luck guys!

Sure about that? ;) :P

I'm working on some good setting for this race. 106'.532. come and get it. There's nothing like going around the last corner drifting. I love it.

I mixed up Miata's, thinking the '04 had less power (:dunce:)

If you guys don't mind I'll change that to any NB Miata?

I mixed up Miata's, thinking the '04 had less power (:dunce:)

If you guys don't mind I'll change that to any NB Miata?

:lol:

Well, that's what you did put down ORIGINALLY!! ;) And the 1800RS doesn't leave much room to manouver power outputs. 👎

I'll be comparing them afterwards. :)

:lol:

Well, that's what you did put down ORIGINALLY!! ;) And the 1800RS doesn't leave much room to manouver power outputs. 👎

I'll be comparing them afterwards. :)

I want to compare too. the car I have now to the car that's getting put together right now:) I just have to finish this wagon.

Ok, officially I will change the challenge to any NB Miata. And Due to this, I'm am extending the timeframe to Friday for anyone this may have messed up.

2004 Mazda Miata 1800RS
ANY NB Miata

Allowed mods
FC Trans
S series tires
Wing
Wheels​

Just so I can clarify this Mustang.........

No suspension??
No gearbox work?? (ie. clutch/flywheel/driveshaft/FC LSD).
No brakes??
No weight reduction??

If that's the case, I'm f.u.b.a.r then. :lol::cool:

I have an '00 Mazda MX5 1800RS, that has 163hp, but I've done S3 weight reduction. :lol:

I'm still gonna rock my white '04 1800 RS. :cool:

I'll get more practice tonight, I'm gonna get my time as low as I can get it before making official runs. :D

I'm game. I'll post my time later on today, IT ARE MY BIRFDAY!!!1!one!

HEPPY BIRFDAY :dopey: Have a good one. ;)👍

I think I'm gonna redo the gearing on my MX-5 when I get home (1 and a bit hours to go :D), I'm gonna get as much acceleration out of the stock motor as I can. :D

Edit: New gearing just turned this MX-5 into a little monster. :D I beat my old time by a fair bit. I think settings wise the MX-5 is as good as I can get it. I'll put down some more practice then go for an official run soon.

Ok, officially I will change the challenge to any NB Miata. And Due to this, I'm am extending the timeframe to Friday for anyone this may have messed up.

It says times in 24/4.

It's 24/4 there now, 25/4 here. Is this thing still running till midnight USA time??

No he extended it to Friday, Mafs. :)

I'll do 2 official laps in the morning. I think I've had enough practice now, and B-spec is busy with the Le Sarthe 24h so I cant drive right now.

Just so I can clarify this Mustang.........

No suspension??
No gearbox work?? (ie. clutch/flywheel/driveshaft/FC LSD).
No brakes??
No weight reduction??

If that's the case, I'm f.u.b.a.r then. :lol::cool:

I have an '00 Mazda MX5 1800RS, that has 163hp, but I've done S3 weight reduction. :lol:
It's really just a laid back challenge. Like a guy brought his (possibly illegal) daily driver to the track kind of thing.
It says times in 24/4.

It's 24/4 there now, 25/4 here. Is this thing still running till midnight USA time??

It's untill Friday. When I changed up the requirements, I extended a day so the time frames were the same if someone started a new Miata for this.

And, My times are in.

Back