Official Time Submission

The Miata Challenge @ Tsukuba
ANY NB Miata
Max HP: 165
My Miata: 160HP

Lap 1: 1'03.537
Lap 2: 1'03.317
Total: 2'06.854

And here's the piece of e-metal we're all racing for!
2ajo0at.gif

Casual trophy for a casual race. And I'm not so good at graphics.​

Here's a quick submission, took me 10 minutes. :D

Miata Challenge
'00 Mazda MX5 1800 RS
Power: 120Kw@7000rpm (163hp)
Torque: 169.05Nm@5500rpm

Lap 1: 1.01.899
Lap 2: 1.02.298
Total: 2.04.197​

👍

Here's a quick submission, took me 10 minutes. :D

Miata Challenge
'00 Mazda MX5 1800 RS
Power: 120Kw@7000rpm (163hp)
Torque: 169.05Nm@5500rpm

Lap 1: 1.01.899
Lap 2: 1.02.298
Total: 2.04.197​

👍

I've been beaten.

Did you run nitrous also?

Well I read between the lines of your comments, and after only getting 1.09's no nitrous I knew something was up. :lol:

Well I read between the lines of your comments, and after only getting 1.09's no nitrous I knew something was up. :lol:

I was running 1'07's without the spray!

Yes, I used nitrous. It's an engine mod, and doesn't actually raise your horsepower, therefore making it legal

WHAT?!

:grumpy:

I was getting 1'06s, trying to get as low as possible only to find out spray is legal?

Bah. I'm still submitting a no nitrous time.

Spray, really. :rolleyes:

WHAT?!

I was getting 1'06s, trying to get as low as possible only to find out spray is legal?

You do have to read a little bit between the lines, but it's definately legal because it technically does not raise HP at all.

1'06 is a nice time 👍

WHAT?!

:lol::lol:

Well, I consider this. If it's nitrous, it HAS to be the way it was stated in the rules. For NO NITROUS, to be competitive......I say that ALL other mods are allowed, so weight reduction, suspension, gearbox work, brakes, you name it.

I would of thought actually using the spray raises the power so at that point its illegal.

The MX-5 built to the rules without nitrous is a fab piece of kit, it IS a competitive build. You dont need a racing car to be competitive.

If anything this lack of adjustiblilty puts fast laptimes down to skill and not just the car.

Oh well, rules are rules I guess.

The thing is that I saw roj is when you fit the nitrous, the power still stays at the same number. Because it's an add-on and the power gets adjusted all the time (be it 50, 70 or 100hp) and not permanent it's different to the other mods.

It's an engine mod that doesn't raise any HP so if they look through everything in the engine area for tuning, they'd see it. I was desperately trying to find a small increase thing for power to get to the magical 165, found nitrous, and it left it at 160.

So weird using that stuff though!

I know that. But I mean during the period your using the spray, the power DOES increase. But the game doesn't show a figure for it.

I'm not really arsed anyway. I'm happy knowing I can put down reasonably quick times without resorting to nitrous.

I know that. But I mean during the period your using the spray, the power DOES increase. But the game doesn't show a figure for it.

I'm not really arsed anyway. I'm happy knowing I can put down reasonably quick times without resorting to nitrous.

I only did 1 lap and stopped, fitted the spray and took off again. :)

Anyway, do the other mods but keep the power under 165hp, see if you can get anywhere near 1.00 roj, I'd actually like to see how low you can go. :D

I only did 1 lap and stopped, fitted the spray and took off again. :)

Anyway, do the other mods but keep the power under 165hp, see if you can get anywhere near 1.00 roj, I'd actually like to see how low you can go. :D

There aren't many mods allowed in this little competition. So it won't be legal here, but I wanna see too!

1 minute flat with a MX-5 that has stock power but fully loaded otherwise? Eh, I could try. What tyres?

My official time submission.

Mazda MX-5 1800 RS (J) '04
163bhp

Lap 1: 1'07.578
Lap 2: 1'06.789
Total: 2'14.367​

I ran 1'06.658 in practice, so I could of gone faster but really .131 is not worth crying over.

I decided to try it myself with all the mods, but only sports clutch on my 1800RS, still only 163hp with no nitrous fitted. So mods were:

Racing Brakes
BBC
FC Gearbox
Sports Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
R5 Tyres
S3 Weight Reduction

Times:
Lap 1: 1.00.604
Lap 2: 59.952

Total: 2.00.556

Mission Accomplished.......and then some. ;)

I decided to try it myself with all the mods, but only sports clutch on my 1800RS, still only 163hp with no nitrous fitted. So mods were:

Racing Brakes
BBC
FC Gearbox
Sports Clutch
Racing Flywheel
FC LSD
R5 Tyres
S3 Weight Reduction

Times:
Lap 1: 1.00.604
Lap 2: 59.952

Total: 2.00.556

Mission Accomplished.......and then some. ;)
Very nice times, Mafs!

Too bad they won't count in this here challenge. That'd be the bar right there

My car is a Mazda MX-5 Miata VR Limited (na,j) 1995.
First of all I am not a tuner, and the car is tuned to my driving style.
First fliing lap:1'11.272
2nd fliing lap:1'12.893
total time :2'23.165
i used a close raitial(sp) tranny, and a spots suspenion. This time is slow compaired to you regualar tuners,:nervous::)

My car is a Mazda MX-5 Miata VR Limited (na,j) 1995.
First of all I am not a tuner, and the car is tuned to my driving style.
First fliing lap:1'11.272
2nd fliing lap:1'12.893
total time :2'23.165
i used a close raitial(sp) tranny, and a spots suspenion. This time is slow compaired to you regualar tuners,:nervous::)

2 issues with that.

Number 1 would be you used an NA Miata, not an NB.
Number 2 would be that a sports suspension was not allowed.

And don't worry, being here makes you better. I've shaved off 17 seconds from my times at Grand Valley from when I got here!

Back