Current signup list:

Rotary Junkie
mazdaman
Pitracer100
Nenad
mcsgueeqy
LancerEvo7GSR
MadMax86

I'll set the deadline for signing up to this challenge at October 9th 11:59 pm GMT (one week from submitting this post)

The Challenge starts October 10th

Ending date (aka deadline) for the challenge will be set later

Short: We will be going all out at Las Vegas Drag Strip with car/cars we choose together.

So if you're interested signup now!

All you have to do for signing in is to reply saying that: "I'm in" for example.

I have cut the list down to 3 cars where to choose 1 or 2 for use.

Everyone taking part ,please reply with answer to these two questions:

#1 Do you want to use one or two cars?

a) One.
b) Two.

#2 From these three cars , which one/two would you like to use the most?

a) GT40 Race Car '69
b) Ford Taurus SHO '98
c) TVR Tamora '02

regards

MadMax

Last edited:
Uh i sold that gt40 i thought we were gonna do the new ones.I guess ill go with the Ford Taurus SHO 98.

I've got time... :D

b)

b) and c)

I've got a pretty good base setup for the Taurus, but I've never tried the Tamora...

I wanted to add the Audi Quattro.

I'll keep that in mind for the next possible SRC LV 1.01

Currently the votes on car choise have spread quite evenly between Tamora and Taurus. :D

I'm positively suprised by the amount of interest for this Spot Race Challenge held in Las Vegas. 👍 👍

3 days left for signing up , deadline is October 9th 11:59 pm GMT

MadMax

Just to set some targets for the others:

Ford Taurus SHO: 11.900 (yes, on the dot)
TVR Tamora: 9.178

Might help others to know where they're at :)

Are we running both cars or one?

I apologise for not replying sooner.

GT4 Spot Race Challenge: Las Vegas 1.00 is ON OFF:

Due to the amount of interest for Taurus and Tamora, they boght will be used as follows:

Class A TVR Tamora '02 at Las Vegas Drag Strip (GT Mode 💡 )
A light weight English FR , less is more

Class B Ford Taurus SHO '98 at Las Vegas Drag Strip (GT Mode :eek: )
The mighty V8 on this FF takes more than just luck to tame

There are two classes you can enter, unlimited tuning allowed for boght cars.
(NOS , Qualify Tyres , Wing , All non-power and power upgrades including oil change :lol: )
If you preferred to use one car instead of two then you can choose one car(Class) from the choises above .

Deadline for this challenge is October 18th 11:59 pm GMT
By the deadline all entrants need to post their best time for the Class/Classes they enter and Mark* it as their final time.

*Marking the final time (example) :

MadMax86 Class A 9.777 Final
MadMax86 Class B 13.888 Final

The entry needs to be posted in this thread.
Once the deadline has passed ,
the user with the fastest time in each class needs to post his/her setup for the car within four (4) days after the deadline.

All entrants can post their progress during the week.
Sharing tips/setups is allowed , but it's not a must.
A user can share his/her setup if he/she chooses to do so.

If something there is something that wasn't clear enought , feel free to ask.

:cheers:

MadMax

Last edited:
Just to set some targets for the others:

Ford Taurus SHO: 11.900 (yes, on the dot)
TVR Tamora: 9.178

Might help others to know where they're at :)

Well tought! 👍

This is my current progress:

Tamora : 9.095 (there is propably +- 0.100 left in the gearing)
Taurus : 11.921 (haven't touched this yet, old time/setup gave current time)

MadMax

Well then post them now! Especially the Supra! I've been waiting two months! I want to get this race over with.

May not be able to post tunes tommorrow because im celebrating my fathers birthday sorry.

Posting a tune is optional, but only fastest time archivers needs to post the tune.
And if you are fastest with a car then you have 4 days to post the setup.

I'm done with my tunes:

MadMax86 Class A 9.086 Final
MadMax86 Class B 11.915 Final

Deadline for this event in ~8 hours

MadMax

Ok , deadline has been and gone ,
it seems that posting the best times reached, has scared lots of people from posting theit progress and final times.

Round one being over I can tell from what i see , that PM'ing will suit better this kind of challenge.

Shorter, this challenge got debugged and we can hold anouther one of these Drag Tune Challenges if the interest is high enought again.

Since there were only my times , that were final* "Marked" and none other (exept mcsgueeqy's progress) the setup posting is most likely to be skipped.

Right,
Who is up for round 2?

GT4 Spot Race Challenge: Las Vegas 1.01

Suggestions of car to use are also welcome! 👍

MadMax

What scared me off was my Taurus never breaking into the 11s :P

It was high mileage but that shouldn't be a full tenth I wouldn't think?

Me
Supra done? If not I'm gonna post mine over the weekend and give you a few days to post it or I win by default.
mazdaman
No its not and also im doing other tunes you win gosh.Because the supra i got is a 2.5 yours is way faster than mines.
Me
You should've got a 97 RZ! Don't you know it's the fastest Supra and that chances are good I'm gonna use it! Not hard, but whatever. I'll post in the SRC thread about it, I won't even bother with the tune.

So I gues the Supras at the ring is off... :grumpy:

Ok give me 2weeks and ill tune a supra rz.

"ill tune"? Why would anyone want to make a car ill?
For someone in the last chance saloon with regards to posting quality, this is a very dangerous line to be treading. 👎
Get out your grammar wallet and start buying some drinks. ;)

^^Ok. Let's do 'Ring only, though. I don't really feel like 1/4mi and those things. Besides, this was a 'Ring challenge in the first place.

When I got the PM from Cougar about it, two months ago by the way, it said tune a car for the 'Ring, and we originally planned to use a redone Prodrive DB9-SLRC, but I decided the Cien would be faster. You then said you thought we were doing Japanese cars and that you had a Supra. I did a supra for the 'Ring with 1/4mi and Top Speed as an afterthought, and I've been waiting for you ever since.

When I got the PM from Cougar about it, two months ago by the way, it said tune a car for the 'Ring, and we originally planned to use a redone Prodrive DB9-SLRC, but I decided the Cien would be faster. You then said you thought we were doing Japanese cars and that you had a Supra. I did a supra for the 'Ring with 1/4mi and Top Speed as an afterthought, and I've been waiting for you ever since.
Ouch thats been a while but what happened to the integra race i did ,the reason why i held off on the race?

Latest Posts

Back