Sprint Cup Asia 2019/2020 - Gr.3 Series. Season Finished.

• Thread starter paoloevans
  • 698 comments

So everyone. As stated I can't host Round 4 @ Suzuka (06/12/19) as stated in the thread.

• Keep race on 06/12/19 with one of you to host the event and send me Qualifying and Race results.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Move the event to 06/03/20 and make it the season finalle meaning no race in December.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the event to 13/12/19 a week later.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey,
I'd pretty much like to participate on this series again, but im not sure about the car just yet. And probably wont be until the first week of september as im currently on vacations and cant test cars around the selected tracks. However, if its possible, i'd like to confirm my participation in advance, in case the spaces get filled.
Gt Planet Name: PTLobo2
PSN: PTLobo2
Car: ?
Number: 14

Excellent. Welcome back :)👍

@paoloevans
Nice job with this series, number of entries already is proof that you're doing a good job!

- Good news, can participate in the Autopolis race, maybe Bathurst
- Bad news, can't participate in any other race

If there is less than 16 people for the Autopolis race I can participate, otherwise give my place to a full season driver.

Car, livery, # will be announced if there is a vacant spot in the Autopolis race.

@paoloevans
Nice job with this series, number of entries already is proof that you're doing a good job!

- Good news, can participate in the Autopolis race, maybe Bathurst
- Bad news, can't participate in any other race

If there is less than 16 people for the Autopolis race I can participate, otherwise give my place to a full season driver.

Car, livery, # will be announced if there is a vacant spot in the Autopolis race.

Hi mate, thanks!

I'll add you the reserves and yeh your most welcome to join us in the races where you can 👍

Sign me up as well, will try and see if I can do a little better this time :)

GTPlanet name: Lost_Sheltie
PSN name: Lost_Sheltie
Car: tbc
Number: tbc

Not sure what car I want to drive. I am probably best in the VW, but I am thinking about driving something I never use. I will try and make up my mind.

Sign me up as well, will try and see if I can do a little better this time :)

GTPlanet name: Lost_Sheltie
PSN name: Lost_Sheltie
Car: tbc
Number: tbc

Not sure what car I want to drive. I am probably best in the VW, but I am thinking about driving something I never use. I will try and make up my mind.

@Lost Sheltie glad you could join us again mate! :cheers:

Anyone watching the Suzuka 10 Hours tomorrow? Theres a livestream on YouTube with English commentary. Starts at 1:30am UK time.

That Car Guy Racing Ferrari looks awesome by the way.

Last edited:
Anyone watching the Suzuka 10 Hours tomorrow? Theres a livestream on YouTube with English commentary. Starts at 1:30am UK time.

That Car Guy Racing Ferrari looks awesome by the way.
I wish i could. I normally dont miss an event from the Intercontinental gt series or the blancpain endurance series. Im still on holidays though. And net connection is limited here. So I will be lucky if i can watch a few bits but not much more, unfortunately.

Don't suppose there is a logo or specific number plate we want to use for the competition? Just trying out a couple of designs and wondered if we wanted to have something along those lines.

I'm quite relaxed with 'official' stuff mate.

Honestly as long as everyone has a number and sticks to it I dont mind how it looks or where it is on the car :)

Earlier on I said that I wanted to go either with the 650s or the Lexus RC-F:

Turns out after some testing that the Mclaren is a complete trash... Low acceleration, low top speed, bad brakes, very unstable espacially on kerbs, high tyre wear et very bad for fuel saving... I wanted to give this car a go for the next season in Manufacturer Series, but I didn't knew that car would be THAT BAD:yuck:

I'm probably going to regret this....McLaren F1 Number 2 please, not Japanese but it does have a Yamaha livery :)
Good luck then, hopefully thats not the 650s:lol:

The Lexus is fine but in the end I really wanted to choose an MR car, that why I decided to go with the Audi R8 hoping that the tyre wear will not have a big impact

GTPlanet name: Spinerkopin
PSN name: spiner-kopin
Car: Audi R8
Number: 20
For the livery I'm sponsored by Cave Johnson's company
8224211738199852048_0.jpg
8214641586712084504_0.jpg

Last edited:
So here is the "track settings" for each circuit throughout the series.

Autopolis - Afternoon (Cloudy)

Fuji - Morning (Sunny)

Kyoto Yamagiwa + Miyabi - Afternoon (Sunny)

Suzuka - Sunset (Sunny)

Bathurst - Night (Sunny)

Tokyo Expressway South Outer Loop - Dawn (Sunny)

There we go. Bathurst in the dark will be fun 👍:)

First daily race I did was Gr3 Bathurst at night, it was a rolling start so as we came round the last corner I mistook it for the first corner, and went flat out thinking I was on the straight up to turn 2...wiped out half the field as they braked for turn 1 :)

:lol: I bet there was some raging after the race?!

Back