SRT TOMAHAWK VISION GT OT (Now available)

also here is the costume picture
Untitled.jpg

I find it mildly amusing that the Americans (first Chapparal, now SRT) have gone completely bat-🤬 crazy with their VGT designs whereas the Europeans and Japanese have remained fairly conservative.

Well, they have been doing pretty well in the "Insanity" ratings, indeed. And the rest of the American brands might only follow suit; Ford may go "hot rod" on us all with their car, Tesla will probably transform the Model S into a hypercar, and god only know what GM's second VGT project will be...

The Japanese only have Honda and Daihatsu left, but Daihatsu is the true "dark horse" of this project. I do fear that since the brand is part of the Toyota group, it might face the same fate as its brothers (i.e. be a rehashed concept with a racing bodykit).

But don't forget one thing; the Europeans have four mighty weapons on their side...

And they're called "Italians": Lamborghini (the crazy), Bertone (the crazier), Zagato (the elegant) and Giugiaro (I don't know their gimmick, the only sketch of their VGT is super basic).

I thought of that possibility as well. But not because of the colors but because it could explain the lack of air brakes on that picture. Maybe the carbon fiber car is a more race-ish version?

That is exactly what i was thinking. We all know that those flaps are only to attract girls when stopping at the stop light. :P

I find it mildly amusing that the Americans (first Chapparal, now SRT) have gone completely bat-🤬 crazy with their VGT designs whereas the Europeans and Japanese have remained fairly conservative.

That's because Lamborghini and Bertone hasn't shown us anything yet, only then will European Lunacy be restored ;)

You mean, just like every other VGT except the Chaparral (which has a laser based propulsion system that exists in reality)? Yes, awesome :lol:

Several of the VGT cars are too low to fit a driver inside, the downside of squashing them to look sportier. And the Laser propulsion? Would require a generatorn stole from a large frigate and a laser the size of a truck to provide that thrust. There's a reason the propulsion was only proposed for space flight and even then was quickly discounted.

Several of the VGT cars are too low to fit a driver inside, the downside of squashing them to look sportier.

I don't know about that, I think a driver could fit in those just fine if positioned as they are in a F1 car.

Those five exhaust "pipes", all in a row, are definitely making a statement.

The LFA has three, yes, but in practical terms for the same reason the 458 does (but used in the opposite way). The design aspect may add something here (think GT90), but I don't know a lot about aesthetics.

There is no practical benefit to having 5 individual pipes like that for any conceivably "sane" car engine (i.e. less than 20 cylinders), at all.

Well, they have been doing pretty well in the "Insanity" ratings, indeed. And the rest of the American brands might only follow suit; Ford may go "hot rod" on us all with their car, Tesla will probably transform the Model S into a hypercar, and god only know what GM's second VGT project will be...

The Japanese only have Honda and Daihatsu left, but Daihatsu is the true "dark horse" of this project. I do fear that since the brand is part of the Toyota group, it might face the same fate as its brothers (i.e. be a rehashed concept with a racing bodykit).

But don't forget one thing; the Europeans have four mighty weapons on their side...

And they're called "Italians": Lamborghini (the crazy), Bertone (the crazier), Zagato (the elegant) and Giugiaro (I don't know their gimmick, the only sketch of their VGT is super basic).
The FT-1 is still in concept form, as is the Lexus LF LC. Theyre much more than just rehashed designs, and are very different from one another.

The FT-1 is still in concept form, as is the Lexus LF LC. Theyre much more than just rehashed designs, and are very different from one another.

Granted, but if anything they are still based off already existing concepts, no? They aren't entirely unique.

The low nose and long tail makes me think of a MR configuration, so no real connection between this and the Viper.
In other words, it might not even have a V10. (I don't think the 5 exhaust pipes are big key to a V10, as it would result in an odd exhaust manifold)

The low nose and long tail makes me think of a MR configuration, so no real connection between this and the Viper.
In other words, it might not even have a V10. (I don't think the 5 exhaust pipes are big key to a V10, as it would result in an odd exhaust manifold)
That would be a practical consideration. I have to ask what engine configuration you think it must be for?

I don't know about that, I think a driver could fit in those just fine if positioned as they are in a F1 car.
There's literally nothing stopping a racing driver from sitting inside any of the VGT cars, even the super silly Chaparral has the driver lying down within it.

That would be a practical consideration. I have to ask what engine configuration you think it must be for?

I wouldn't discard an inline-5 or a V8, although the V10 is still a major competitor.
I don't think the exhaust pipe is much of a clue, really...

I wouldn't discard an inline-5 or a V8, although the V10 is still a major competitor.
I don't think the exhaust pipe is much of a clue, really...

It's hardly likely that a SRT-made concept such as the Tomahawk would have an inline-5 engine, unless it was based off a Dart or something. So, it's between a V8 or a V10. Of course, the V8 would be similar to the Hellcat's.

It's hardly likely that a SRT-made concept such as the Tomahawk would have an inline-5 engine, unless it was based off a Dart or something. So, it's between a V8 or a V10. Of course, the V8 would be similar to the Hellcat's.

Fiat's got some background on inline-5s... They could bring something new as a hybrid, given the Tomahawk is not bound to have an existing powertrain.

Fiat's got some background on inline-5s... They could bring something new as a hybrid, given the Tomahawk is not bound to have an existing powertrain.

You do have a point, but we have to wait to see what path will SRT take for this car... Even the combination of a V8 + electric engine seems more likely than an inline-5 + electric engine, really.

And the Laser propulsion? Would require a generatorn stole from a large frigate and a laser the size of a truck to provide that thrust.
You might wrong about that in the future buddy. Remember a time where computers were the size of ovens and needed huge fans to cool down ? Now we walk around with mini computers in our pockets more powerful than a gaming pc from 2012. Time changes everything.

You might wrong about that in the future buddy. Remember a time where computers were the size of ovens and needed huge fans to cool down ? Now we walk around with mini computers in our pockets more powerful than a gaming pc from 2012.

Not saying I am right about it either; I know how downsizing has affected many of our daily live's objects, how it has given people more on a smaller package. And the same applies to cars, of course; I know that a new Ford GT comes with only a V6 engine (and oh so many people have complained about that, it's annoying), that most hot hatches have around 300 to 400 hp with inline-4 engines and such.

All I'm saying is that this SRT is unlikely to use anything bigger than a V6. Just my five cents.

This is the same SRT that thrives on doing things big (Hellcat anyone) so I'm confident that we'll have something bigger then a V6, whether it will be a V8 or V10 (or to really throw people off the set, a V12) is unknown but it'll be something big.

Latest Posts

Back