SRT TOMAHAWK VISION GT OT (Now available)

This is probably a bad joke but based on what I've seen, this had to happen.

The Tomahawk X seasonal event is set in Nurburgring, I made a joke about setting a clean lap on Nurb with the Tomahawk X saying if you can set a clean lap around Nurburgring with the Tomahawk X , you're a real life vampire or can transform into a Pokemon. Kazunori Yamauchi sawed my joke about it? Kazunati confirmed! *Plays the X-Files theme.*

Well then...I might want to ask my dad some questions.

It's doable with any button you assign nitrous to. See my reply to RACECAR above to check if it works. Chances are it gives a speed boost but because this car is already insane in acceleration anyway it doesn't make much difference :P
Well, i figured out it does make much difference :P because i go about 390/400 mph without using the button, but got up to 444 with using the button and a bit of slipstream, but without slipstream i still reach around 420 mph

The wheel wobble at 400mph+ on the T500RS is pretty strong, top speed is probably easier with no force feedback, or.. basically on the controller.

I wonder why we can't purchase the suits once it's unlocked? I spent a few minutes looking for it in the Racing Gear section before realiazing it's already gifted straight to your inventory. Does this mean once the Seasonal is gone those who haven't got the suit can't get it? Odd.

As I was taking a look at the settings of each Tomahawk, I found something very interesting that very few (if not none) have mentioned; the suspension, brakes, LSD and even the transmission can have their settings changed. I found that quite surprising, as I thought that PD would just simply lock all settings and not allow the player to tweak anything. So you can setup each Tomahawk to your liking if you have some tuning knowledge...

I haven't taken a look at the settings (just got the car and had enough last night :lol:). It's odd that the suspension can be changed because in the press release it says the car has active suspension with that variable camber system thingy. The Red Bulls have active suspension and you can't change the ride height on it.

Has anyone else noticed that 7th gear is stupidly tall in all three versions? Good job you can customise the transmission in them.

The S and X not so much, but the GTS-R 7th gear is ridiculous. First time I shifted up I'm like whaaaat? I thought I had throttle failure :lol: Even then the car still accelerates pretty well :crazy:

Also, does anybody notice the speedo of the X reaches 640 km/h? :lol: Highest I've seen before was 500 km/h in the Red Bulls I think. Everything about this car is just insane...

I wonder why we can't purchase the suits once it's unlocked? I spent a few minutes looking for it in the Racing Gear section before realiazing it's already gifted straight to your inventory. Does this mean once the Seasonal is gone those who haven't got the suit can't get it? Odd.

No, it just means that those who update the game to the 1.20 version will receive the suits regardless of them completing the Seasonal Events or not. The suits come with the update, and not with the cars' events, if that makes any sense.

I haven't taken a look at the settings (just got the car and had enough last night :lol:). It's odd that the suspension can be changed because in the press release it says the car has active suspension with that variable camber system thingy. The Red Bulls have active suspension and you can't change the ride height on it.

Yes, it is odd that despite being an ultra-futuristic suspension setting, you can still tweak it. Not that I'll complain, because that just makes the cars even better; you can tune each Tomahawk to your liking according to what you want on the car. I'd rather have PD not "fix" this oversight, if you know what I mean...

No, it just means that those who update the game to the 1.20 version will receive the suits regardless of them completing the Seasonal Events or not. The suits come with the update, and not with the cars' events, if that makes any sense.

Yes, it is odd that despite being an ultra-futuristic suspension setting, you can still tweak it. Not that I'll complain, because that just makes the cars even better; you can tune each Tomahawk to your liking according to what you want on the car. I'd rather have PD not "fix" this oversight, if you know what I mean...
Can you wear the suit when not driving the Tomahawk X?

Launching in 4th, you can hit 200mph in ~2secs. Incredible performance.

How does this stack up against top fuel drag cars?

I would think a drag car would still beat the X in a 1/4 mile drag race, any day of the week. I don't have much to compair the two, so I might be off, but a good pass in a top fuel dragster lasts 3.00-3.50 seconds eith speeds over 300MPH. I think the dragster would still win.

Would be cool to see, though. Definetly a close race!

The X version is just... nuts.

2733HP LOL.
Did a quick top speed test and hit 676 km/h.

The brakes are like... broke the law of physics. From 600+ km/h to zero in about 2 seconds. LMFAO

Overall slower in a track compared to the Red Bulls, but in a straightline it owns them all and by some margin.

Last edited:
Launching in 4th, you can hit 200mph in ~2secs. Incredible performance.

How does this stack up against top fuel drag cars?

About the same. Though Top Fuelers are RWD, they have more than triple the power and those huge slicks would be much stickier than the ingame RS tyres. (IMO)

The Tomahawk has around the same power as a Pro Modified dragster which run the 1/4 mile in about 5.5 seconds at 270mph.

I just don't see how the Tomahawk is as fast as it is in the game, nor would such an engine keep running without totally destroying itself.

About the same. Though Top Fuelers are RWD, they have more than triple the power and those huge slicks would be much stickier than the ingame RS tyres. (IMO)

The Tomahawk has around the same power as a Pro Modified dragster which run the 1/4 mile in about 5.5 seconds at 270mph.

I just don't see how the Tomahawk is as fast as it is in the game, nor would such an engine keep running without totally destroying itself.
Well, it is a game... and these visions can represent fantasy cars, that dont necessarily mean to be realistic.

that dont necessarily mean to be realistic.

But... but... "The Real Driving Simulator" :(

And in case anyone wants a great video on the workings and abilities of a Top Fuel dragster (which the Tomahawk apparently has the same acceleration as), this is a good watch.

If you've never been to watch them race, you should! It's an unbelievable experience and the noise is insane, it shakes your bones to the core.

It is!... but not necesarily "The real driving simulator of realistic cars" :D
The Tomahawk X has a 7 liter engine that I guess its the same V10 as the Viper. Such an engine if heavily modified to max out performance could get all that power probably... but that grip, that very low weight, that top speed, that braking power? Impossible.

It is!... but not necesarily "The real driving simulator of realistic cars" :D
The Tomahawk X has a 7 liter engine that I guess its the same V10 as the Viper. Such an engine if heavily modified to max out performance could get all that power probably... but that grip, that very low weight, that top speed, that braking power? Impossible.

There are reasons as to why the X in the Tomahawk X's name stands for "eXperimental", after all. And they're not just related to marketing... SRT took the briefing for the VGT project, created two cars which are more or less within the rules (which aren't that clear and are rather ambiguous all things considered, but still), and then decided to turn the dial all the way to 11. That last idea created the X, it's as simple as that. They pushed just about every single existing (and in some cases non-exisiting) technology to its limits and beyond...

Last edited:

And in case anyone wants a great video on the workings and abilities of a Top Fuel dragster (which the Tomahawk apparently has the same acceleration as), this is a good watch.

If you've never been to watch them race, you should! It's an unbelievable experience and the noise is insane, it shakes your bones to the core.

Great video. I agree, unbelievable to see in the flesh/metal.

I just bought an X in what I named, "Bleeding Predator"(Black/Venom Green). I love my LM55 but, these SRTs are the most aweaome ezperiences on GT yet. I cant win a race in Single Player. The AI dont slow down at all.

Stock gearbox hit rev limiter, custom gearbox can hit more.

20150627_015027.jpg

The standard version of this car is the best because it's just so much fun. Sounds like it should to.
But the X... It gives a whole new meaning to speed and insanity

Stock gearbox hit rev limiter, custom gearbox can hit more.

View attachment 397664

Why am I not surprised? I knew that making the transmission tuneable would only bring out the X's inner speed demon out even more, and that is simply outrageous. Just when you think this version can't get any more demented, things like these happen... It's hard to believe? Yes, but one can't help but to feel amazed at such feats.

And while defeating the A.I. with a X in Arcade mode may be a bit difficult, I did find a fault with their racing style in ovals; they do not use the "low drag" mode, under any circunstance. This means that as long as you use that mode, the A.I. can't touch you.

Back