SRT TOMAHAWK VISION GT OT (Now available)

There are reasons as to why the X in the Tomahawk X's name stands for "eXperimental", after all. And they're not just related to marketing... SRT took the briefing for the VGT project, created two cars which are more or less within the rules (which aren't that clear and are rather ambiguous all things considered, but still), and then decided to turn the dial all the way to 11. That last idea created the X, it's as simple as that. They pushed just about every single existing (and in some cases non-exisiting) technology to its limits and beyond...
Sure, you basically transcribed the video voice description, thanks for the effort.
:D

Sure, you basically transcribed the video voice description, thanks for the effort.
:D

I didn't entirely transcribed the video description, but you aren't wrong either. When SRT themselves admit that such a thing was their intention in the first place, what else can I say?

IMG_4416.JPG

I just bought an X in what I named, "Bleeding Predator"(Black/Venom Green). I love my LM55 but, these SRTs are the most aweaome ezperiences on GT yet. I cant win a race in Single Player. The AI dont slow down at all.
Where are races for this car in single player? Arcade mode?

High Speed Ring I placed 6th.
Midfield, dead last.
Willow Springs, 9th.
Route X is easy because, the cars arent going full chat on the high bank.

After driving all three which is your Favorite?

My would have to be the GTS-R
Reasons

Don't need all that crazy speed of the x and it looks better then the S :bowdown:

Whatever "Active Steering" does makes it a lot easier. I seriously didn't want to do this in the first place, so after 45 min of trying without getting even one clean lap I turned it on, and then got silver without much difficulty.

Does anyone know how many G's you're pulling while doing a 400-to-0 MPH stop?

From 663km/h (411mph) to 0 on racing hards, the car averages at around 5 G's. But when the airbrakes are deployed the deceleration is stronger so it might peak at over 10 G's (13 G's according to pit stop blog, probably with RS tires).

200Kg of ballast and 50% of power on the GTSR and X makes them great cars to drive.

The S is great with 200kg of ballast also. It just became some sort of Koenigsegg whatever.

I've found a new addiction...

The combination of the stupid levels of fast, the screaming engine, accompanied by the intense whine of speed, the radical aerodynamics, and curves as smooth, yet as sharp as some treacherous race-courses, the Tomahawk X is just an amazing drive, and one hell of an experience. The Red Bulls may be sharper and more consistent around corners, but the ludicrously insane experience of speed that the Tomahawk X provides is simply unmatched...

I was just lapping courses like La Sarthe and Sierra in the monster machine; add in your own tunes and you're set for the drive of your live. I found myself hyperventilating- I swear I did...

From the beginning stages of your take-off from the rolling start, all the way through each checkpoint at blistering speeds, you just gotta have some epic drum-&-bass music to accompany your drive.

Bravo to PoDi and the staff at SRT/Dodge for creating a new exhilarating hotlapping addiction.

Not too long ago, I was just complaining about the game. What leaf just turned...

The X version is just... nuts.

2733HP LOL.
Did a quick top speed test and hit 676 km/h.

The brakes are like... broke the law of physics. From 600+ km/h to zero in about 2 seconds. LMFAO

Overall slower in a track compared to the Red Bulls, but in a straightline it owns them all and by some margin.

Not at all. 53 m/s^2 for a 750 kg car means 40 kN of braking force :)

Does anyone know how many G's you're pulling while doing a 400-to-0 MPH stop?

Assuming peak braking force of 70 kN, it's roughly 10 G at the most.

I like the SRT Tomahawks! The Tomahawk X is a monster! I got mine up to about 670 km/h on Route X under its own power with the R1 button held down. When I drafted someone elses I got up to over about 700 km/h. & When I went slow in the Tomahawk S & changed gears at 3,000 rpms the V10 purred like a luxury car! & when I put the accelerator to 100% when changing gears that low the engine singed beautifully. The Tomahawks are my current favourite Vision Gran Turismo cars!

I do not like any of these 3 cars. Absolutely horrible to drive.

Um... Care to develop, GTPorsche? I know that neither the GTS-R and the X are the nicest things to drive (mainly due to their extreme character and vicious power delivery), but the S is alright. And you can tune all of them, so it's not impossible to set the car to your taste... Just asking out of curiosity.

Latest Posts

Back