SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 515 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It doesn't say they actually worked on it though.
Well they made reference to it in the game code so its a pretty safe assumption. Although we won't know for sure until something is announced or added to the game.

Great AC interview by the way, I really enjoyed it. Keep up the good work.👍

Front page has a headline about Chevrolet hosting a time trial in a few days, could it be on the Route X track?
Yeah, unlikely I know, but the new car looks appropriately crazy.

Front page has a headline about Chevrolet hosting a time trial in a few days, could it be on the Route X track?
Yeah, unlikely I know, but the new car looks appropriately crazy.
Highly doubt it. Although to fuel your speculation there's going to be a write up about it at around the same time, although Jordan said it wouldn't include any new information.

Although to fuel your speculation there's going to be a write up about it at around the same time, although Jordan said it wouldn't include any new information.
FYI, I've decided not to write an article about it, after having discussed this with my contacts at Polyphony. The modeling team apparently often starts work on content that then has to be put on hold as other projects get assigned with higher priority. An update for SSRX is not imminent, and I don't want to put a spotlight on this just to get people's hopes up; there will be enough to talk about over the next few weeks as it is.

FYI, I've decided not to write an article about it, after having discussed this with my contacts at Polyphony. The modeling team apparently often starts work on content that then has to be put on hold as other projects get assigned with higher priority. An update for SSRX is not imminent, and I don't want to put a spotlight on this just to get people's hopes up; there will be enough to talk about over the next few weeks as it is.
This here basically responds to all accusations of PD being lazy.

I await the new content with excitement.

I had a feeling this was going to happen and I don't blame PD at all. I know a lot of people are going to stamp their feet and get all upset over this, but you have to understand, companies like to be in control of information. They don't want things being announced until THEY announce them. PD has a good relationship with this website (Jordan) and respectfully Jordan knows there is no real reason to publicize speculation and conjecture.

If there is ever going to be an update to SSRX, for instance, PD wants to be in control of when that information gets published to keep interest as high as possible. I think we can all agree that it's much more important that Jordan stay in the good graces of his contact(s) at PD.

EDIT: I meant to also say in the beginning of my post that for all we know absolutely nothing will ever come of what was found. It's one thing for us to speculate here in the forums. It's another for Jordan to speculate in the news section of the most well-respected Gran Turismo website on the net.

SSRX wasn't the only track revealed:
icerace
Infineon
seattle
smokey mountain south
tahiti maze

Also courtesy of @Whistle Snap.
oh
my
god
tumblr_lp6a12O1zt1qi63mr.png

Some posts are "scary".

If you are disappointed, you can only blame yourself.

Sorry guys, I'm just trying to warn you.
oh
my
god
tumblr_lp6a12O1zt1qi63mr.png
image.jpg

Accidentally hit reply so I had to edit it. Anyways this is my new reaction now whenever I see a spongebob picture. :lol:

And dem tracks though. Some of these don't sound any familiar to me.

That's cool. :) I would've been checking the news page everyday lol :lol: :gtpflag:

I believe that the first news of which Jordan is talking about might be Suzuka update that is popping up on the boards, but I really like the atmosphere of the SSRX area, so I do hope it can be modeled or at least they can use the area again.

It's a shame that tracks are modeled but not used, anyone else remember GT2's Palm Strip? A drag strip had been modeled, but drag racing was pulled out at the last minute because the drag racing mode wasn't working :/

Back