SSRX Alternate Route Found (+more)

• Thread starter KinLM
  • 516 comments

Do you believe that the alternate SSRX will end up in the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
To be honest, the track textures/environments haven't improved all that much since gt3....why not just add in the old stuff? And if they HAVE improved the track textures/environments, I havent noticed because I'm racing! You can bet I'd throw down some $$$$ for DLC for Seattle, Midfield, and Route 11......
You don't see much of a difference?? GT6s textures/environments are about 16x better than they were in GT3. Also, the old tracks could be incompatible with new software. They might have all kinds of bugs from bringing old files into a new system that they have to fix before the compile it, it probably is not a simple copy and paste as most people on GTP claim.

I know that PD uses Maya to build there models, I saw a picture of them drawing the Mercedes VGT. I also know that importing models from old files is difficult. At my job there were some files made in 2012 with the 2009 version on an older computer. And my job for a week was to find and fix all of the texture bugs so it could be used with the newer assets that were created on Maya 2013 in the newer systems. I don't know how it would be to transfer them from 2001 to 2014 versions, but I'm guessing it would be pretty hard as only 1 year of changes took a week to fix.

GT3:

GT6:

Last edited:
I thought it was Smokey Mountain South as it was named 'smtsouth' but I opened the file and it was the Swiss Alps track.

The images for those tracks:

tracks1duw6.jpg

Logos were in numerous folders but I think I got them all:

tracklogoucu06.jpg

There's nothing else of interest :(

There is no Sierra, no Red Bull Ring, etc.

In short, it's an old thing, as the list of track found in the official website of GT5. Result: there was nothing.

I don't want to break mood, I really want the return of some tracks like Seattle but again, I would prefer to avoid following the hype

PS : Sorry for double post

Last edited:
There is no Sierra, no Red Bull Ring, etc.

In short, it's an old thing, as the list of track found in the official website of GT5. Result: there was nothing.

I don't want to break mood, I really want the return of some tracks like Seattle but again, I would prefer to avoid following the hype

PS : Sorry for double post

I asked about Sierra, and @Whistle Snap says that data for these two are encrypted, for which the encryption has not been defeated yet. Also, note that the picture has the Rome logo with English text (it's Italian in GT6, Circuito di Roma vs Rome Circuit)

I am currently trying to obtain TGTT, Sierra, and RBRing logos from the web site. With that, it leaves us with logos of SSR11, Smokey Mountain, Tahiti Circuit, Complex String, and Test Course (before rebranding to Driving Park). :)

I asked about Sierra, and @Whistle Snap says that data for these two are encrypted, for which the encryption has not been defeated yet. Also, note that the picture has the Rome logo with English text (it's Italian in GT6, Circuito di Roma vs Rome Circuit)

I am currently trying to obtain TGTT, Sierra, and RBRing logos from the web site. With that, it leaves us with logos of SSR11, Smokey Mountain, Tahiti Circuit, Complex String, and Test Course (before rebranding to Driving Park). :)
The new encryption has been known for some time. It's just not available in "public" tools. ;)

Interesting, found it at 34:10. It's the Swiss Alps scenery but the original SM South layout! cool.
Edit: no it's not! I should have watched properly, the track follows Swiss Alps, just the map display is out of date.

@Xenn has an earlier demo with SM South in it:
SMOKEYSOUTH_zps16f16bdb.png

I'm planning to make a thread about track (and rally event) logos in game, thus I'm asking the GT3 forums to rip logos for the tracks that didn't make it to GT4 (except Super Speedway and Rome Circuit). :)

Last edited:
@Xenn has an earlier demo with SM South in it:
SMOKEYSOUTH_zps16f16bdb.pn

I'm planning to make a thread about track (and rally event) logos in game, thus I'm asking the GT3 forums to rip logos for the tracks that didn't make it to GT4 (except Super Speedway and Rome Circuit). :)
Image is broken

There's no trace of Top Gear in any of the folders, the others are encrypted on game install and can't be opened yet.

Not quite true. I always thought you were looking at this data (from each patch) to reveal new cars. Turns out there's really just very few people being able to do so. At least these are wise enough to keep the tools in private.

I'm going to vote "no" on the poll. I've seen quite a few interesting things in the data from the disc and in patches. But most of it, just like these pictures, seem to be leftovers. I won't buy a ticket for the hype train as well :)

Maybe I'm able to post some pictures later, to proof claims.

Not quite true. I always thought you were looking at this data (from each patch) to reveal new cars. Turns out there's really just very few people being able to do so. At least these are wise enough to keep the tools in private.

No, this stuff is from the gt.vol, I'd would love to be able to have a look at the data folders contained in \game install...

So if the \game install contents are accessible is it possible to add custom car liveries, enable secret menu, etc?

I heard that GT6 will:

No big update this month, just a couple of VGT add-ons.

Early-mid December update: 'Spec II'
- B-Spec added so all 12 people that actually care about this will be happy.
- Basic (no doubt mostly useless) community features added. Will crash GT servers regularly for two weeks.
- Course maker added. Choose from 4 themes, GT5 spec but with a few added track tweaks. No GPS or mobile app support.
- 1 or 2 new tracks absolute max.
- PS3 only. Not even a hint of PS4 news.

GT6 long term:
- Community features tweaked and useless mobile companion app added.
- GPS mobile course maker app abandoned completely. Excuses blaming hardware constraints not allowing them to achieve their 'vision'.
- Maybe the odd paid DLC car pack or track (2 or 3 max)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=725281&page=156

I do not understand why PD has decided to cut the alternate route of Tokyo X...

I heard that GT6 will:

- Basic (no doubt mostly useless) community features added. Will crash GT servers regularly for two weeks.
- Course maker added. Choose from 4 themes, GT5 spec but with a few added track tweaks. No GPS or mobile app support.

GT6 long term:
- GPS mobile course maker app abandoned completely. Excuses blaming hardware constraints not allowing them to achieve their 'vision'.

Not sure if that info sounds legit, or it's just the musing of someone that wants to complain about PD's output?

I heard that GT6 will:

GT6 long term:

Just speculation by MGR, he/she doesn't link to a official source. I think most are thinking something will happen in December.

There will be an update in late November. And no doubt, another update in December.

Yes, I'm referring to the Spec II update, nobody really knows when it will be released and what it actually entails.
Personally holding back my exceptions until I start hearing from official sources.

Back