Stance|Works - What Does it Take to Kill a Car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Eric.
  • 41 comments
  • 3,388 views
It was a pos that had been in a bad accident even before he got it, thats why the A-pillar was smashed and the windsheild cracked.
He's owned the car ever since it's original black-and-polished state. The A-pillar and frame damage happened when a friend borrowed the car and crashed it. He was prepared to get rid of if since the wreck ruined such a nice car, and it sat for a while. Eventually pictures popped up of a car with a busted A-pillar and a rusted hood. That rusty hood led to an explosion of custom fabrication.
 
For all I care, you could put a Ferrari V12 in it I still wouldn't like it. Besides, what good is an awesome engine in a car that's constantly bottoming out because it's unfunctionally low?

Meh, I just don't like it when a cars drivability and performance is sacrificed for looks - especially if it looks like that... thing afterwards.

Oh, and, from what I've seen in the linked article, it currently has no engine whatsoever in the engine bay :lol:

Its on airbags, so "unfunctionally low" is cured by a button press.
 
The idea of airbags is lost on some people. If the car looks totally undrivable, chances are it is on bags and therefore is perfectly drivable and comfortable while raised.
 
He's owned the car ever since it's original black-and-polished state. The A-pillar and frame damage happened when a friend borrowed the car and crashed it. He was prepared to get rid of if since the wreck ruined such a nice car, and it sat for a while. Eventually pictures popped up of a car with a busted A-pillar and a rusted hood. That rusty hood led to an explosion of custom fabrication.
Ah ok, my bad. I thought he got the car with the damaged pillar.


My point still stands. It was made into a pos after it was wrecked, although IMO, it was a cool pos at first.
 
Ugh, I cringe at the thought of wasting a perfectly good engine. Either way, no, there'll be nobody driving a car that low around here - because a car with that little clearence isn't even street legal here due to safety regulations. Which i agree with, by the way, so i wouldn't want to be taken for a ride in a thing that low.

I have driven cars that were lwoered for looks, though, and they generally handled worse than cars that were using a proper suspension setup.

And, either way, yeah, a car with a brilliant aftermarket suspension will handle relatively okay compared to the stock one, that's true. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that it would offer a better ride quality and performance when set to a proper ride height and camber...

Anyways, I usually don't bother commenting on those hellaflush cars, because, well, one guy's trash is the next guy's treasure, but Rusty is just so wrong in my opinion that I felt it was the right time to comment on something I seriously dislike :lol:
Not talking trash man, just trying to prove point that you don't get, I will never hate on people thoughts or cars, and when you set a car like that, it's not for going fast and taking fast courners it just to enjoy a cruise and a car you built. And if you get a ticket for being to low, eh just pay it off. I never gotten one, and I'm about 2 inch from the ground to my front bumper.

From the video it really looks like it moves and rides amazingly. :rolleyes:http://vimeo.com/15383081

Can't say I loved or hated this car. On one hand it did have quite a lot of work and custom fabrication done to it. On the other hand they made sure it was rusty right down to the dashboard and rubbed the body in used diesel oil. Kinda seemed like he was trying too hard. It was definitely something different though.
👍


You must have not seen the roof chop job when it was at H2o.

And yes, it was a pos. Maybe not a "rushed, thrown together" pos, but one nonetheless. It was a pos that had been in a bad accident even before he got it, thats why the A-pillar was smashed and the windsheild cracked.

The reason making door handles out of twisted wires and holding the front end together with vice grips was ok, is because it was a car that was already beat to 🤬 even before he got it hands on it. That was a big point in making the car how it was, because it was never a nice car in his possession, so all the "haters" that said he ruined a good car were wrong, because the car was essentially killed before he got it, and he just kept it alive in his own way.

Not to mention the first time it "officially" died, when the frame came apart from the shoddy repair job after it was in it's first big accident.

I just think it stopped being a cool pos a few stages ago, and is now simply crap.
Thank you for letting them know the whole story behind it. But I still like that POS ha
The idea of airbags is lost on some people. If the car looks totally undrivable, chances are it is on bags and therefore is perfectly drivable and comfortable while raised.
They will never get it. :ouch: Hope they learn.
 
Love this car so much. Haters gonna hate though.

👍

Also thread needs some pictures of the "stages" it went through
 
Not talking trash man, just trying to prove point that you don't get, I will never hate on people thoughts or cars, and when you set a car like that, it's not for going fast and taking fast courners it just to enjoy a cruise and a car you built. And if you get a ticket for being to low, eh just pay it off. I never gotten one, and I'm about 2 inch from the ground to my front bumper.

There won't be a ticket, the car won't be allowed to be used on public roads at all. If you're unlucky, you'll be driving home in a taxi and paying the towing service for the car.
Minimum ground clearence around here is 4.3 inches and the headlights have to be at least 19.7 inches above the ground, so you're absolutely not seeing stuff like that parked around here, much less driven - aside from some show cars or maybe stuff that was lowered for a very, very short period of time only, eg. for a photo shoot.

Either way, we'll just have to agree to disagree at this point, I'm just not a 'form over function' guy ;)

Its on airbags, so "unfunctionally low" is cured by a button press.
Okay, that would cure one out of a dozen of things I don't like about it :sly:
 
If Illinois has a "too low" law, I don't know of anyone who has had a ticket for it. I do know there's a limit on lifting trucks, and have heard of it being enforced a little bit.
 
I guess those laws (if existent at all) are a lot less strict than what you'll be facing in Germany... Than again, authorities are a pain in the butt in general :indiff:
 
There won't be a ticket, the car won't be allowed to be used on public roads at all. If you're unlucky, you'll be driving home in a taxi and paying the towing service for the car.
Minimum ground clearence around here is 4.3 inches and the headlights have to be at least 19.7 inches above the ground, so you're absolutely not seeing stuff like that parked around here, much less driven - aside from some show cars or maybe stuff that was lowered for a very, very short period of time only, eg. for a photo shoot.

Either way, we'll just have to agree to disagree at this point, I'm just not a 'form over function' guy ;)


Okay, that would cure one out of a dozen of things I don't like about it :sly:
Ha your a funny dude, and no none of that would happen here in the states all they will tell you is to make the car higher and thats it you can go home with your low car, and most of us don't make the car higher we just pay the ticket it just the way of the low life.

I guess those laws (if existent at all) are a lot less strict than what you'll be facing in Germany... Than again, authorities are a pain in the butt in general :indiff:

I know a lot of people in Germany with a lot of dubs lower than mine.

here are some:

foto1076jlnurxbkpt.jpg


ximg.php


dscn9818.jpg


1001504.jpg


imag0176k.jpg
 
If Illinois has a "too low" law, I don't know of anyone who has had a ticket for it. I do know there's a limit on lifting trucks, and have heard of it being enforced a little bit.

If they do, it's definitely not enforced.

RISKY-DEVIL-FC3S_2.jpg
 
I know a lot of people in Germany with a lot of dubs lower than mine.

I know at least three that had a few run ins with the cops about it, but it might be that it was more because of the rest of the car that they were pulled out in the first place :lol:
 
Back