Standard cars ARE in GT6. (100% confirmed)

• Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 1,429 comments
Maybe a bit optimistic, but I like this idea. Really, full interiors and completely premium is so much more important to me than the sheer number of cars available in the game. Even if they did as you say, keep some 100 iconic cars as premiums while ditching the rest of the standards until they're remodeled, that's still a heck of a lot of cars to choose from.

And another person who favours quality over quantity in relation to the Gran Turismo car list. I couldn't agree with you more--although I rarely drive with the interior view, it's still an important immersive aspect of the game when I do choose to use it.

You seriously complaining about grammar "ONLINE" because I forgot to capitalize an I and forgot to put a ' in between my i'am?

-.-

You didn't "forget to capitalize an I". It appeared in each and every "I" pronoun in your post. This means that it's something you've become used to doing in general typing, and you'll just have to be aware of it when using GTPlanet.

DSUjoeDirte9
You seriously complaining about grammar "ONLINE" because I forgot to capitalize an I and forgot to put a ' in between my i'am?

-.-
When you joined GT Planet you agreed to follow the AUP. As such we expect you to do so, after all why would you agree to something you had no intention of doing?

That we are ONLINE makes no difference at all, we apply the AUP equally to all members and if you feel you are unable to follow it then maybe GT Planet is not for you.

It is a save game edit and it will with a very high possibility end in a GT5 ban if you use the secret menu while playing online.

http://www.abload.de/img/gt5vsjr7skuat.jpg

Although I'm definitely not going to tell you how it's activated...

Enabling secret menu won't get you banned, I have it enabled for more than 6 months, I regularly hosted lobbies, cruising, racing at public lobbies and lounges.

There's one part of secret options that will potentially get you banned, it has to do with network / online lobby options. PD will know if these options are used and can deduce that you have activated secret menu. If you don't have these options enabled ( as default they are disabled ), there's no way PD will know you have secret menu enabled.

First Image of standard cars in GT6:
ifim.jpg

From the 4th screenshot in the career mode gallery on the gran-turismo website you can see a 2001 Fiat Punto and a Nissan Exa Canopy in the background, it's hard to see but they look to be largely the same as the standard cars in GT5, although they're no longer called standard.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Too much blur to say how clean the textures are though.
I don't think the difference from 5 to 6 will be big, but if they cleaned the textures and removed some of the pixelated crap, it's okay.

ifim.jpg

From the 4th screenshot in the career mode gallery on the gran-turismo website you can see a 2001 Fiat Punto and a Nissan Exa Canopy in the background, it's hard to see but they look to be largely the same as the standard cars in GT5, although they're no longer called standard.
Both of those vehicles are very boxy and emotionless...not to mention blurry. Let's not judge yet. Even premium they would be standard looking lol

On the latest trailers you can see the Mercedes C9 Race car, I guess it's standard and it look gooood.

The biggest potentially positive sign for Standards is the Toyota 2000GT in the trailer. It's not listed as a Premo on the site, but it does look noticeably better than it ever has in GT4, with proper A-pillars and less terrible wheel arches.

The question of course, is if it is a Premium and the list just isn't reflective of that yet. That's entirely possible, since we already know the list is missing some things. It could also be one of the "worse" Standards Kaz said they'd be upgrading, and it doesn't necessarily mean all the Standards will be touched up.

As ever, we'll see soon.

The 2000GT certainly looked like a premium to me. My guess is the list doesn't fully reflect the cars that were previously standard but now got the full premium treatment while removing the "original". The list of the 124 cars did say "new to the series" or something.

Just thinking about it, the list of new cars released was surprisingly small (after removing all the duplicates) for a new game in the series after so much time. There have to be more.

ifim.jpg

Oh man, PD takes blurry pictures of them like they're bigfoot

It's stated pretty clearly on the site that the difference in updated S cars is they will have lower res interiors but that the exteriors will be the same quality as P...

This is quite feasible as you need higher res models for even low res textures and details... So they likely just swamped lower res with the production models... Its a lot like "normal mapping".

The small number of races and laps, and generic events is not giving me any confidence.
Same here. I'm fearing we shouldn't expect any positive surprises regarding race formula... prepare to chase the rabbit again gentlemen (and some rabbits might still be ported over from GT4 :eek:...).

It's stated pretty clearly on the site that the difference in updated S cars is they will have lower res interiors but that the exteriors will be the same quality as P...

This is quite feasible as you need higher res models for even low res textures and details... So they likely just swamped lower res with the production models... Its a lot like "normal mapping".

Where did it say this? This is a great compromise if true

What on earth are you talking about? And where does it say the exteriors are the same as premiums?

Latest Posts

Back