Standard cars changing rims

  • Thread starter Thread starter springerman
  • 11 comments
  • 1,936 views
Messages
129
United Kingdom
unitied kingdom
Messages
springerman
Shhhhh any whispers on when if at all we will be able to change the rims on the standard range of cars, if ever there was something that needed a little patch or two this has to be it,
surely it cant be that hard to instigate
 
Shhhhh any whispers on when if at all we will be able to change the rims on the standard range of cars, if ever there was something that needed a little patch or two this has to be it,
surely it cant be that hard to instigate

You should be able to change the wheels on standard cars that come with a paint chip.
 
Last I read (around release) Kaz, or someone at PD said it'd look terrible to have high-res wheel models on the low-res standards.

As far as I can tell there's no performance change with lighter wheels, so it doesn't bother me much.
 
Last I read (around release) Kaz, or someone at PD said it'd look terrible to have high-res wheel models on the low-res standards.

As far as I can tell there's no performance change with lighter wheels, so it doesn't bother me much.

I actually think it would help the overall appearance of the low res standards, lets face it a set of wheels can alter the look of a car dramatically and its probably the first thing most people do to improve the look or individualize their car from all the others out there
 
i'd like to see a used wheel section like we had in gt4, if anything, just for the standard cars. i liked being able to put MR2 spyder wheels onto my AW11 mr2. i had a lot of fun mixing and matching wheels between cars...
 
I actually think it would help the overall appearance of the low res standards, lets face it a set of wheels can alter the look of a car dramatically and its probably the first thing most people do to improve the look or individualize their car from all the others out there

Well, you can do a photoshop and see what you think. To be honest I agree with PD (if that's actually one of the reasons). Some of those standards probably have less polys than the wheels you want on them. :sly:

It'd be nice, but as I said, it doesn't bug me as it's just cosmetics. If nicer wheels acted as they do in reality I'd certainly want the ability to put them on my standards.

But, I guess to answer your original question, I haven't heard any update on that (lack of) feature.
 
i'd like to see a used wheel section like we had in gt4, if anything, just for the standard cars. i liked being able to put MR2 spyder wheels onto my AW11 mr2. i had a lot of fun mixing and matching wheels between cars...

I like this, that would make all the difference, just imagine all those great old muscle cars that would look so much better for a set of cragers or slots or even the more modern rims fitted :drool:
 
Well this is a feature I am desperately waiting for... but I guess PD could create standard rims for standard cars... just an idea
 
Probably same reason you can't do photomode shoots with standards. Though as to why they include cars that are so low-res they look like ps2 in photos...
 
Would be fine for me if they just ported all the rims from GT4, the variety of rims in GT5 is a joke
 
i want this, but id much rather have:

custom tyre width
more wheel selection, the current line up is a joke
 
Back