"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
A Silvia with a 180 front would make more sense to me.

Actually, those do exist. Enter the One-Via.
onevia.jpg

Yeah I've seen Onevias, they're just much less common (I think). There's one in the Adam's family in the background. I think some Nissan dealers made them. I think the stock 180SX bumper looks terrible though. The Type X's was alright, but I've seen some kitted ones where the kit bumper looks as if it goes with the car so much better.

What I read was that when people crashed 180SXs they bought the replacement parts for the front end for the Silvia because they were cheaper as they had normal headlights not retractable ones.

I like the rear-deck spoiler on GT's Sileighty though. I'm pretty sure that was aftermarket. Wait I made a mistake. Only GT1's Sileighty had a rear-deck spoiler. GT4-6 has the stock 180SX one. (Not sure if "rear-deck" is the correct term, but it's like the one the HDTs had which was called a rear-deck spoiler)

Has anyone mentioned the Nissan R390 GT1 Road Car? Just bought it, thought it looked really nice.

Sorry if it's been brought up before.

One of the most praised standard cars. It's missing interior only

Which is interesting because even the interior seems near finished with that dash being clearly the most visable.

I went and bought an R390 now. Looks like it still needs time until it's done. The model and all looks good for the rough stages though

No tessellation on this one though

The R390 really has one of the better models for standards out there. I don't remember if the rims themselves were modeled 3D like, but there is a red visible dashboard when looked at from outside the car.

The wheels on standards seen to be pretty good. The MNPII Skyline had good looking wheels in GT5, and the GTSt Skyline in GT4 too. The Dome Zero had great wheels in GT5.

I like the R390, reminds me of my beloved Tommy kaira. Both Nissan born GT1 supercars. Half expected the R390 to use an RB26 like the Skyline GT-R and the Tommy kaira, but it uses a V8 like the GT-One. It seems weird to me to see Japanese cars with V8s. That's why I thought GT500 should use straight-sixes not V8s. All the cars in it use straight-sixes in their road spec. But now they want to change to straight-fours? Even worse in my opinion!

Is there a list of good standards out there somewhere? I have the premium/semi-premium lists printed and well, but i think there's a lot of nice standards too..

I guessed they were L4 by now. I remember reading a couple years ago they were going to change. Didn't know the '97 Supra GT an L4, if that's what Grandea was suggesting. Anyway, L6 suits the cars better. When it was Skyline, Supra and NSX they were all L6 in real life. I suppose now it's SC, GT-R and NSX they use V6s except for the SC's V8. L4 just has nothing to do with any of the cars.

Anyway, I don't really know anything about Super GT anymore. I just liked the '00 Japanese 276 cars and therefore JGTC (most of the serious of those road cars were L6: GT-R, Supra, NSX, GTO)

I guessed they were L4 by now. I remember reading a couple years ago they were going to change. Didn't know the '97 Supra GT an L4, if that's what Grandea was suggesting. Anyway, L6 suits the cars better. When it was Skyline, Supra and NSX they were all L6 in real life. I suppose now it's SC, GT-R and NSX they use V6s except for the SC's V8. L4 just has nothing to do with any of the cars.

Anyway, I don't really know anything about Super GT anymore. I just liked the '00 Japanese 276 cars and therefore JGTC (most of the serious of those road cars were L6: GT-R, Supra, NSX, GTO)
JGTC Supra used I4 Turbo until 2002 for its easy maintenance, and V8 NA to take advantage of the regulation from 2003. Nissan started to use V6 in 2002, and V8 in 2007. NSX originally used V6 from the beginning.
Now all GT500 cars use the same engine as Super Formula, 2.0L I4 Turbo.

Is it some kind of joke that the Supra RZ still has eye-catching PS2 pixels on it? PD (Kaz) has known for years that people desperately want it as a premium.

I assume that come GT7, even if we still have "Standard" cars, they'll have exteriors striking that of Premium cars, just no interior. I can't see Kaz being that insane enough to see these cars like the Alto Works, Carbon R, Falken GT-R, and Supra Mk. IV as acceptable in their current state on the PS4.

I wonder how much money they would save by giving PAL areas the PAL named cars and USA/Asia the USA/asia named ones instead of giving them all out

its a fairly obvious oversight
considering they don't have 1200 cars, they have about 800 + 100 they made up + 300 duplicates
It's not something that's gonna change overnight. It's not an oversight. They just simply didn't have the time.

They still have about 700 or so cars that have to be made premium, which means making 1400 models. There's not as many duplicates as you think they are.

I wonder how much money they would save by giving PAL areas the PAL named cars and USA/Asia the USA/asia named ones instead of giving them all out
None. They would still have to do the work to differentiate (or, more likely, the minimum amount of work to make it look like they did it), but just wouldn't share them around. Outright dropping those like they should have with GT6 would be the only way to save anything, and it would be somewhat minuscule in the grand scheme of things since so little work is done usually anyway.

There's not as many duplicates as you think they are.
That's certainly some faint praise.

:lol:

Back