"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments

godhelpus.gif

They're there, but if you take the time to look, most of them have some differences.
Even ignoring the straight up, bonafide, inarguable duplicates (of which there are literally dozens); differences PD made up to pretend that the cars are different and/or real cars (almost all of the Miatas, some of the RX-7s, Ford GT, some of the 3000GTs, some of the Skylines, one of the Lexuses), or differences that are meaningless because the car is completely made up to begin with (Ford GT LM, 350Z LM), or differences that don't factor into a racing game (some of the NSXs, almost all of the S2000s), or differences that PD didn't bother actually model even though they'd been in the series for half a decade when GT6 released (240SX, almost every other Lexus, some of the other 3000GTs, some of the other Skylines), don't count as actual differences for claiming cars aren't duplicates.

I mean, the last one would if PD bothered, and I hope to have those cars as actual separate models rather than just removing them; but it seems reasonable to say that PD would need to show some inroads towards bothering after 15 years of not until it can be assumed they will.

I wasn't including the regional cars. I thought you were talking about the 9 millions versions of the Miata, GTO, etc.

Most of the first one in the game are completely made up, so any differences PD imparted on them in the game are irrelevant when it comes to figuring whether they are duplicates or not.

A few of the second are made up (and similarly irrelevant when it comes to differences in the game), but more damning is that a similarly sized portion of them are ones where PD just didn't bother to model them correctly. Those, as they are in the game, are duplicates even though they shouldn't be.

I don't know what you mean by "made up". The only cars that technically don't exist are the incorrectly modeled regional cars and the occasional tuned/race car.

I don't know what you mean by "made up". The only cars that technically don't exist are the incorrectly modeled regional cars and the occasional tuned/race car.
I think he means cars like the Race mods, the DLC TC's, etc.

I think what he means is like the cars similar to the IS 200 '98 which technically wasn't sold in Japan at the time as a Lexus, yet it still bears the Lexus name and the (J) designation.

EDIT: Tree'd quite literally 3 seconds before my post.

Untouched standards are horrible but I would be sad to see them go. For GT7 every standard should be semi-premium and some should be made premium. Just my opinion. I know, you can boot good old GT4 on PS2 and drive them but having everything in one game is better. That would be funny (and very lazy) if they afforded the Porsche license and... brought that hidden Porsche 911 from GT3, they did it like that with the Diablo. The fact that Supra isn't premium is strange, it should be one of the first cars, it's almost like they didn't make premium R34.

Untouched standards are horrible but I would be sad to see them go. For GT7 every standard should be semi-premium and some should be made premium. Just my opinion. I know, you can boot good old GT4 on PS2 and drive them but having everything in one game is better. That would be funny (and very lazy) if they afforded the Porsche license and... brought that hidden Porsche 911 from GT3, they did it like that with the Diablo. The fact that Supra isn't premium is strange, it should be one of the first cars, it's almost like they didn't make premium R34.
I understand you. I can image GT without Toyota GT one, Toyota Supra, Ford GT40 race car, Alfa 155 touring car. They are untouched standards, but they are a history and soul of GT game... I remember drive em in GT2 when I was 10 years old...

The Veyron and the Supra RZ were two cars I didn't check if they were Premium when I played GT5. I expected it. I won the Veyron and looked in Premium for it. Was very confused to find it in Standard. Also I decided to buy an A80 Supra. Went to the new car dealer and was even more confused as to why it was not there.

Thank goodness the Veyron is now premium.

I know the Furai and the Veyron were first added in GT5, but were standard. Are there any others?

Furai is a GTPSP car
the other car is the Jag XKR.
Also they have very good reasons for making the furai standard, like the fact that top gear destroyed it by accident:
aa9bf1af990699edc671f5ea3fd1999e17e248510c9b2a1cb8dfe1148e5fc196.jpg

I've noticed most of the MX-5's got a makeover... During that hard MX-5 seasonal event at Tsukuba, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between Premium and Standard, they all looked great! It was hard to believe so I went to the dealership and they all looked Premium!

I've noticed most of the MX-5's got a makeover... During that hard MX-5 seasonal event at Tsukuba, I honestly couldn't tell the difference between Premium and Standard, they all looked great! It was hard to believe so I went to the dealership and they all looked Premium!
Even the NB MX-5s?!

I'm sorry if these cars were mentioned before, but it's over 120 pages and i didn't check... but the one car that hurts me the most when i look at it, is the MERCEDES CLK LM. I love that beast, but it looks absolutely hopeless. Completely untouched... it's like a bad mod of an old PC game like NFSU or something...

On the other hand i noticed something really cool, unless i'm wrong and it's always been there: The MERC CLK TOURING CAR used to be just as horrible, but i took it for a race recently and it looked much better to me... Sponsors are looking good and the overall paintjob doesnt look so rough.

I could be wrong, got the DTM car a long time ago and i remember crying inside, not anymore :P

If any of you who are looking at this matter more closely could confirm, id thank you. Cheers.

I'm sorry if these cars were mentioned before, but it's over 120 pages and i didn't check... but the one car that hurts me the most when i look at it, is the MERCEDES CLK LM. I love that beast, but it looks absolutely hopeless. Completely untouched... it's like a bad mod of an old PC game like NFSU or something...

On the other hand i noticed something really cool, unless i'm wrong and it's always been there: The MERC CLK TOURING CAR used to be just as horrible, but i took it for a race recently and it looked much better to me... Sponsors are looking good and the overall paintjob doesnt look so rough.

I could be wrong, got the DTM car a long time ago and i remember crying inside, not anymore :P

If any of you who are looking at this matter more closely could confirm, id thank you. Cheers.

Have a look yourself:

slk_011-jpg.85898

Furai is a GTPSP car
the other car is the Jag XKR.
Also they have very good reasons for making the furai standard, like the fact that top gear destroyed it by accident:
aa9bf1af990699edc671f5ea3fd1999e17e248510c9b2a1cb8dfe1148e5fc196.jpg
They could at least make the Furai semi-premium.

All the MX-5's are semi-premium because they're exact duplicates so Polyphony reused the premium model for them.

they should make it semi... and there are pictures of the inside (more uncomfortable than an actual LMP) so they MIGHT be able to do the inside.

Back