"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Really? I though that PS2 GT textures were single sheets plus an alpha layer. Because in GT3 we were able to edit the textures and reapply them to vehicles. In GT4, I remember we ripped them, and I thought that the main layer was just a single sheet image file. (Of course, I expected premiums to be different.)
Depends. There is a low res "background", but lots of layered bits and pieces on top. Those are all individually mapped, with alpha. The background isn't really necessary with the shaders on PS3 onwards, except for certain liveries.

Some images of the Scion xA/Toyota ist 1.5s

The head and tail lights, number plate and badges look a little dodgy but otherwise it looks ok.
nVlFClkAN9dCo4fLb_0.jpg

7Pu9FyIavdyR5pWaK_0.jpg

ttkRMtBafd5zfxMd0_0.jpg

euHpubjhZ9dDhxKnJ_0.jpg

e9UOkUYPcRs4KzLjKR_0.jpg

Is it me or have the paint work on the cars been touched up since those "maintenances"?

I dont recall the S2000 LM, NSX-R LM Race car, Integra N1 Race Car, GT500 Standard NSXs looking so glossy.

Well duh!, it's not like people actually drive the Supra or anything...

C'mon PD...
Maybe it's a sign that they are working on all the standard cars?

Even then they're inconsistent with upgrading them because some are completely detailed (headlights and everything else) such as the RUF CTR Yellowbird and some only have the seams updated like the Mazda RX-7 LM.

Hopefully all the standards are completely upgraded semi-premiums when GT7 comes (along with adaptive tessellation).

I thought it was said before that PD updated cars like the FTO, Fit, xA, VX220, and Piazza was because they were just testing out semi-premium (maybe for PS4 since we'll still have standards by then). I wouldn't doubt that they'd have a premium MK4 Supra, E46, or older Imprezas in GT7, but I can't be sure on anything they do unless they state it themselves.

Well duh!, it's not like people actually drive the Supra or anything...

C'mon PD...
I think it's more likely that the cars that were not updated are the ones that PD are looking to turn into premiums first.

Just look at some of the standards that we know for sure are becoming premium: the Alfa Romeo 155 and the Lancia Delta S4, they were not touched up at all in GT6.

So if anything this is good news for the Supra.

MSZ
You know there are hundreds of other important cars like the Supras, Corvettes, Camaros etc. never received the upgrades, right?

No need for the aggressive response, your post came off as you're suggesting that's the only one they chose one, which was my point. I've already heard the broken record that is the complaints about the supra not being premium so I didn't need to be reminded.

Last edited:
No need for the aggressive response, your post came off as you're suggesting that's the only one they chose one, which was my point. I've already heard the broken record that is the complaints about the supra not being premium so I didn't need to be reminded.

Someone decided to post images of a Scion family hatchback, I have all the rights to express my opinions of it. Sounds like a broken record? As long as this very thread stays alive, this isn't going to be avoided. May be you should ignore this thread if you have enough of the Supra complaints.

MSZ
You know there are hundreds of other important cars like the Supras, Corvettes, Camaros etc. never received the upgrades, right?

Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Coupe '97
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C2) Race Car '63
Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C5) '00
Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (C4) '90
All of car's that I wrote are updated to semi premium level...
So you are wrong! GT is not game about super car's its about all types of car's... Have small every day car's updated and also some family car's is good news for me... ;)

Chevrolet Camaro SS '00
So you are wrong! GT is not game about super car's its about all types of car's... Have small every day car's updated and also some family car's is good news for me... ;)

I can also cherry pick the ones that never had any upgrades, good for you if you are satisfied by the small efforts from PD.

Just look at some of the standards that we know for sure are becoming premium: the Alfa Romeo 155 and the Lancia Delta S4,

Wait, how did we get this confirmation?

Maybe it's a sign that they are working on all the standard cars?

I'd rather see the "Work-in-progress" semi-premium model of the car in GT6 than having it as a crappy standard.

This is what I want basically:
GT5 - Standard
GT6 - Semi-Premium
GT7 - Full Premium

MSZ
Someone decided to post images of a Scion family hatchback, I have all the rights to express my opinions of it.

Dude, chill out. I never said you couldn't express your opinion. I simply said your post appeared to respond as if to suggest it was THE only one. I don't even understand where you got the idea I was suggesting you couldn't express your opinion.

MSZ
Sounds like a broken record? As long as this very thread stays alive, this isn't going to be avoided. May be you should ignore this thread if you have enough of the Supra complaints.

:odd: Wow, you just sound like you woke up on the wrong side today. Where did I even say that? All I said was I've heard it repeatedly yet to you, I've had enough of it.

Chevrolet Camaro SS '00

No they weren't. While you are correct and MSZ was wrong in that PD have in fact upgraded Corvettes and Camaros, modeling shutlines and cleaning up light textures as was done with those doesn't make a car "semi-Premium". It only brings it up to the level of the handful of Standard cars that were already modelled to that level back in 2004.

I wish that PD would touch on the multiple cars that are in the same generation, like the horribly detailed looking '05 mustang. It doesn't need to be premium like the '07, but they could at least do something to it to make it look somewhat decent.

I wish that PD would touch on the multiple cars that are in the same generation, like the horribly detailed looking '05 mustang. It doesn't need to be premium like the '07, but they could at least do something to it to make it look somewhat decent.
More effin hillarious on S2000.

Imagine playing a game to find a premium in a crowd of standards. It felt like PD has made a puzzle game.

Back