"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
aren't all standards ugly? I mean, some look better than others but none look that good. the 90s Mazda mx5 and the mitsu Fto are the best lookin standards, but the suzuki alto and some Hondas look like a big ugly piece of crap.
No they are not all ugly. Look at the Jaguar XJ220. Well I cant really tell you what car to look at because we all have different opinions but that is one example of one good Standard car.

Compared to premiums I wouldnt call the Xj220 a good looking car but it is definitely 1 of the better qualty standards

aren't all standards ugly? I mean, some look better than others but none look that good. the 90s Mazda mx5 and the mitsu Fto are the best lookin standards, but the suzuki alto and some Hondas look like a big ugly piece of crap.

Look FrzGT's RUF pictures and the Bluebird on posts #3896 and #3894 respectively.

20571383935_25c48cf146_c.jpg

Gotta love those octagonal exhaust tips :ill::yuck:
20571384025_89fd3eb539_c.jpg

20562449602_4e869fb7ce_c.jpg

19950499643_c548409900_c.jpg

Bluebird rally car looks good!

Last edited:
Compared to premiums I wouldnt call the Xj220 a good looking car but it is definitely 1 of the better qualty standards
That is what I was talking about. The quality of the car, not the looks. But I do think its a nice looking car anyway. One of my all time favourite cars.

I don't know if anyone else found this, but I found that some cars have discolored parts, these parts have the same color shade as the car's base color (eg. If the car is red, the discolored part will be a darker red.)
Cars that have this problems (those that I found)

Audi A2 1.4 '02 (plastic parts around the car, grill, the chrome trim on the boot hatch.)
Chrysler PT Cruiser '00 (Rear bumper)
Citroën Xsara VTR '03 (Fog lights, grille, front and rear logos.)
Fiat Panda Super i.e. '90 (Front bumper, mirrors, ventilation ports.)
Opel Tigra 1.6i '99 (Rear bumper skidpad)
Vauxhall Tigra 1.6i '99 (Rear bumper skidpad)
Renault Mégane 2.0 IDE Coupé '00 (Fog lights)
Renault Mégane 2.0 16V '03 (Door handles, silver element under the side turning lights)
TVR V8S '91 (fuel cap)
Alfa Romeo 156 2.5 V6 24V '98 (Door handles) (found by @CSMDuty11)

This can be fixed by repainting the car.

Before:
audi_a2_1_4__02_by_gt6_garage_d7cquak_by_gt6_garage-d95tfdv.jpg

After:
audi_a2_1_4__02_by_gt6_garage-d7cquak.jpg

Before:
syracuse_by_gt6_garage-d95tfel.jpg

After:
syracuse_1_by_gt6_garage-d95tfev.jpg

Last edited:
Double post. Can any of the computer whizzes of gtplanet confirm if that past maintenance was to touch up the standard cars? Ive gone through all of them. The paints on even the TOM'S Chaser is glossy like the '89 300ZX Premium. I checked the MRS Spyders as thhose were just horrid. Now those too look glossy. I'm seeing more of how the Premium models vertical door panel edges, have the same effect on the standard models around the grills and lower body skirts.

I'm just checking for confirmation if this is the case for the maintenance.

I don't know if anyone else found this, but I found that some cars have discolored parts, these parts have the same color shade as the car's base color (eg. If the car is red, the discolored part will be a darker red.)

Audi A2 1.4 '02 (plastic parts around the car, grill, the chrome trim on the boot hatch.)
Renault Mégane 2.0 16V '03 (Door handles, silver element under the side turning lights)
TVR V8S '91 (fuel cap)

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Honestly I don't think anyone in their right mind would classify a Fiat Panda as "good," premium or not. :lol:

The Nissan Looks great!

Although, most of the standard cars are slightly, or not upscaled. I believe his is because the modelling team are aiming to increase premium cars, but still no one want's to see low textured/poly vehicles in GT7. PD must refurbish selected standards and discard one's which are just awful.

However, between the release of GT6, a few standard cars have been improved. This has not been noticeable lately so the standards may have a semi upgrade for GT7.

TVR V8S '91 (fuel cap)

Before:

After:

Before:

After:
Thanks for this awesome find!

Thanks for this awesome find!

No problem! I'm adding some more cars to the list:

Toyota SUPRA SZ-R '97 (rear lights)
Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 (rear lights)
Toyota SUPRA 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90 (fog lights) THIS CAN'T BE FIXED
Toyota CARINA ED 2.0 X 4WS '89 (rear turning lights, skirts, side mirror glass, side moldings)

Before:
city_of_arts_and_sciences___night_12_by_gt6_garage-d96o941.jpg

After:
city_of_arts_and_sciences___night_50_by_gt6_garage-d96o94h.jpg

Full list:

Citroën Xsara VTR '03 (Fog lights, grill, front and rear logos.)
TVR V8S '91 (fuel cap)
Toyota SUPRA SZ-R '97 (rear lights)
Toyota SUPRA RZ '97 (rear lights)
Toyota SUPRA 2.5GT Twin Turbo R '90 (fog lights) THIS CAN'T BE FIXED
Toyota CARINA ED 2.0 X 4WS '89 (rear turning lights, skirts, side mirror glass, side moldings)

Last edited:
Personally, I find that repainting many "standard" cars and adding some after-market rims substantially improves the appearance of the vehicle. Of course, there are many that will always look terrible - especially the ones with liveries and other stickers. They used such low resolution bitmaps for those cars. Ugh...

Back