"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
yes.jpg

OMG... it looks sooooo glorious!!! :D
I dropped that lt1 out of a 1995 Formula into my 89 IROC fantastic engine!

The R390 is just...wow. :drool:👍
I know it's been posted here, but I cannot believe how much this car has improved. From the atrocious quality GT5 version that barely exceeded GT2 standards, to becoming near-premium status is quite the accomplishment. PD, I tip my hat to all of you. Words cannot express how much this car has improved. It's simply beautiful and definitely on the road to becoming a full-on Premium car.
Spending 1,000,000cr on this beauty was well worth it. The sound is excellent, the grip is fantastic, and it's overall a beautiful car. I dare to say that it might have earned itself a spot in my top 5 all-time favorite cars in GT6. I nominate this car as the best-improved Standard car.

And now for some pics, donning Europablu from the Opel Speedster and some OZ rims. 👍
All pics are straight from the game. No editing done whatsoever :)
ZKNsR9y.jpg

QlgLcII.jpg

OOzZHJc.jpg

tMaq7fd.jpg

The R390 is just...wow. :drool:👍
I know it's been posted here, but I cannot believe how much this car has improved. From the atrocious quality GT5 version that barely exceeded GT2 standards, to becoming near-premium status is quite the accomplishment. PD, I tip my hat to all of you. Words cannot express how much this car has improved. It's simply beautiful and definitely on the road to becoming a full-on Premium car.
Spending 1,000,000cr on this beauty was well worth it. The sound is excellent, the grip is fantastic, and it's overall a beautiful car. I dare to say that it might have earned itself a spot in my top 5 all-time favorite cars in GT6. I nominate this car as the best-improved Standard car.

And now for some pics, donning Europablu from the Opel Speedster and some OZ rims. 👍
All pics are straight from the game. No editing done whatsoever :)
ZKNsR9y.jpg

QlgLcII.jpg

OOzZHJc.jpg

tMaq7fd.jpg
That is THE most premium standard I've seen :drool:

Here you go , Seat Ibiza Cupra is semi premium for sure.Look how clean it is ! :)
Although there are some mistakes with the front grill now but no matter.

Look how upgreadable brakes can be seen now.
Also a Peugeot 106 which is still STANDARD-STANDARD ,not even smoothed BUT
you can put a CARBON hood on it as I said. How cool is that ? I am yet to find another Standard
that you can do this.

Also an Impreza Standard-Standard but still great looking :)

Attachments

• Gemasolar.jpg
    Gemasolar.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Gemasolar_1.jpg
    Gemasolar_1.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Syracuse.jpg
    Syracuse.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Syracuse_1.jpg
    Syracuse_1.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Syracuse_3.jpg
    Syracuse_3.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 19
The bad : Miata/Roadster/MX-5 (whatever you call it :dopey:) of the 2nd generation (NB models)

I cannot understand why they didn't polished them ! That's not like if there were exactly the same or if there was only 547981 of each gen :banghead:

I noticed you could get painted carbon hoods for standards, but hadn't noticed the unpainted one. Interesting. Especially on a non-touched up standard.

Its the only one so far , I have tried dozens more.Not even 1 "semi premium" so far.

The new carbon hood is very detailed also

All standards more or less are improved.
Some textures only
Others smoothing (fenders etc)
Others to semi-premium ,with independant panels.
Others didnt receive a texture update at all but all of them have updated painting
they look like premiums to me (painting)

In Gt5 the same Impreza was weird with the WR Mica Paint on it.Now it looks like a charm .

I believe more cars will be updated :)

All standards more or less are improved.
Some textures only
Others smoothing (fenders etc)
Others to semi-premium ,with independant panels.
Others didnt receive a texture update at all but all of them have updated painting
they look like premiums to me (painting)

In Gt5 the same Impreza was weird with the WR Mica Paint on it.Now it looks like a charm .

I believe more cars will be updated :)

AKA they were all released unfinished at a different stage of completion in order to pad the car count on the box.

Ahh, thank you. Did not look like a premium at first glance in the dealership. Neat trick
Also, standards are easy to pick out by looking at the windows. Cars with dark interiors/windows are always standard. Cars with clear windows and visible seat backs are premium.

Mazda efini RX-7 Type R-S (FD) '95 isn't semi-premium but standard.

I think we should take pictures to confirm....

Last edited:
Mazda efini RX-7 Type R-S (FD) '95 isn't semi-premium
It's got poor textures but you can clearly see that panel gaps around doors, hood, trunk headlights, bumpers, are more prominent than they used to be. This means that in a way or another the car got reworked a bit. As I've written in a comment a while back, there are various levels of "semipremium-ness". Some cars only appear to have upgraded panel gaps. This alone already makes them stand out more during races and photos. Other cars also have better textures and 3d modeling.

The formula PD is awesome as a standard! They even upgraded the stearingwheel to the point you can see the fabric! Also the bodywork is premium-like, making it my favorite car to drive at Ascari at 10.30 with 50% weather. It looks so realistic! And combined with the Ayrton Senna racing suit,..... well, let's just say I love GT6!

It's got poor textures but you can clearly see that panel gaps around doors, hood, trunk headlights, bumpers, are more prominent than they used to be. This means that in a way or another the car got reworked a bit. As I've written in a comment a while back, there are various levels of "semipremium-ness". Some cars only appear to have upgraded panel gaps. This alone already makes them stand out more during races and photos. Other cars also have better textures and 3d modeling.

For me, a standard isn't semi premium if it got poor textures. It must be almost perfect, as RUF or Seat Ibiza Cupra for example :)

Latest Posts

Back