"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Looking at the R390, I can't help but think it's a work-in-progress premium. Proportionally the car looks very different, it doesn't even look as if it began life as the same standard model. Let's keep our fingers crossed...

Yep, it's a completely different 3D model. And if you look at the R390 Race car, it was changed completely as well...

FIngers crossed... fingers crossed... 👍

Some semi-premium Nissans for you :D

Nissan Be-1 '87
11244909393_f968f706e7_o.jpg

Nissan EXA Canopy L.A. Version Type S '88
11244837754_63b0eb4267_o.jpg

wow. such physics. amaze
11244849486_e395fba046_o.jpg

I can see myself driving standard cars more whenever i get GT6 , i really aprecciate the effort that PD has put into improving their game , and especially the standards cars! Yeah they don´t have interiors but so what? i didn´t need interior views to play GT1 and i still religiously played it till GT2 came out and so on ... till GT5 came out , that game was the most flawed GT game to ever come out and and people were expecting it to be the best ever ... i just want a game with the essence of GT3 (the game that proved that a game doesn't need quantity to have quality , that game was just perfect in any way , GT4 wasn't bad in any way too IMO) , and GT6 from what i've seen has managed to give players the best driving experience to ever come out on consoles (Forza is a joke) and i really do aprecciate the 1200+ cars and 100+ track variations all bundled with the greatest driving and graphics that push the PS3 to its limits , while running at 60 fps. I also believe that the game will get various updates in the future that will vastly improve GT6 , making it an even better game , but we'll see that later on ... Anyways amazing job PD!

I can see myself driving standard cars more whenever i get GT6 , i really aprecciate the effort that PD has put into improving their game , and especially the standards cars! Yeah they don´t have interiors but so what? i didn´t need interior views to play GT1 and i still religiously played it till GT2 came out and so on ... till GT5 came out , that game was the most flawed GT game to ever come out and and people were expecting it to be the best ever ... i just want a game with the essence of GT3 (the game that proved that a game doesn't need quantity to have quality , that game was just perfect in any way , GT4 wasn't bad in any way too IMO) , and GT6 from what i've seen has managed to give players the best driving experience to ever come out on consoles (Forza is a joke) and i really do aprecciate the 1200+ cars and 100+ track variations all bundled with the greatest driving and graphics that push the PS3 to its limits , while running at 60 fps. I also believe that the game will get various updates in the future that will vastly improve GT6 , making it an even better game , but we'll see that later on ... Anyways amazing job PD!

Same with me. 👍 PD really is trying to fix the Gran Turismo garage.

I wonder why for the R390 GT1 they didn't put the 24h of Le Mans sticker on it that it had in GT3. :\

While I'd like to believe that they will make everything premium for GT7, I just don't think they have the time nor the staff to do so. They'll be too busy modeling both DLC and new cars for GT7, in what I believe is the very short turnaround time until GT7 release, almost certainly IMO 2 years or less. What you are seeing is more than likely a precursor to keeping the standards alive for GT7. If they can touch up the standards, or a great many of them to the point where they are acceptable to most gamers, I believe they have a good chance of remaining intact for GT7 if not entirely, at least in part.

Agreed. As much as I want an e46 m3 to become premium, they really need to add more current cars. Seeing the same older cars over and over again is a bit tiring now.

Make the standards graphically in sync with the console it's on. The cars that should be premium are older cars that haven't been included in the game (e30/e36 m3) as well as new cars that still aren't in the game.

Havent gotten the game yet but im super happy about the semi premiums. What I found in GT5 is that even ethe physics differed on standard cars, they felt more numb than usual. Hopefully that aspect has seen some revision as well at least for the semi premiums.

Also any word on standard BMWs getting the same treatment, like the E46 M3/CSL/GT, v12 LMR. That would be fantastic!!!

Back