"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I dont think so.
Thats ok, I'm excited just watching this thread with new examples of semis :D. Also I cant imagine PD wont include the new Toyota LeMans contender for Audi, can't be too long.

PS. thats a lie, id really like some semi premium BMW. E30, E36 GT:drool: (so many amazing variants of this car), E46, 635CSi, 850csi (prob the greatest v12 bmw)

To elaborate on the DB9, it seems to have the same 'interior-less premium' treatment as the NA MX5s. This sadly means that it also uses the higher poly but much less accurate looking wheels of the premium. (They have too much positive offset.)

Somewhat luckily, the same hasn't yet occurred with the Elise 111S or with the E60 M5. (Wheel spokes of the premium Elise 111R slant inboard too much at the hub while the premium E60 has awful wheel placement.)

I'm really happy that so many standard models have been upgraded to such a degree, but it's still just driving me crazy that they're all lumped together in the dealership. Is checking the availability of Gallery View really the only way to differentiate at a glance?

Many of my favorite cars tend to have a lot of duplicate entries, and it makes going through them all to find the premium fairly tedious. I understand that they did this to address the complaints people had about dividing everything up, but isn't it worse to just pretend like there's no difference and leave everything unmarked?

I saw the Pontiac Tempest looking a bit improved, but I'm not sure. I guess I'll buy it at one point and take a closer look at it.

I've always wondered why that sticker is there... Anybody knows??? :confused:

I'm guessing at the time, it was supposed to be advertising Mexico Tourism, Kinda like how right now in Motorsports Venezuela is advertising its tourism with "Venezuela" pasted on certain cars.

Formula GT
GT5 standard /GT6 simi-premium
FormulaGT_s021.jpg
FormulaGT_s041.jpg

Links to all comparison shots in this thread >>>

Last edited:
I'm guessing at the time, it was supposed to be advertising Mexico Tourism, Kinda like how right now in Motorsports Venezuela is advertising its tourism with "Venezuela" pasted on certain cars.

Could be the case. Last year Sauber cars also had the "Visit Mexico" publicity in the rear wing... I didn't pay attention to this year's car, but I think it was there, too...

As for the FGT, I think PD could have gone a little bit crazier with the liveries, but after what they did with the Touring Cars of GT5 and the RM cars... :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was expecting too much from these guys... at least the car looks like it belongs to the PS3 now :lol:

I wish they gave the Supra and MR-S some love, oh well, hopefully they'll be touched up in patches or something! But seriously what they did to the AE86 and the S30Z(Fairlady 240Z) is jaw-droppingly good. I see 240Z's a lot and as an AE86 owner(even though mine's a coupe and not the hatchback lol) I can say they look pretty close! I wanna see MY AE86 in it though, just change the rear end and make it 5 kilos lighter and we got a coupe! :D

Regarding those upgraded standard cars, I've got a feeling about this:
Manufacturers that have great connection with PD receives more love - look at those upgraded Nissan's! :eek:
Meanwhile, cars from others didn't get that much of attention - look at that poor Toyota Supra RZ '97, GT-ONE Race Car '99, Lexus GS300, BMW 330i, BMW F1 GTR Race Car '97 etc! :odd:

Manufacturers that have great connection with PD receives more love - look at those upgraded Nissan's! :eek:
Meanwhile, cars from others didn't get that much of attention - look at that poor Toyota Supra RZ '97, GT-ONE Race Car '99, Lexus GS300, BMW 330i, BMW F1 GTR Race Car '97 etc! :odd:
This would make sense if Toyota and PD had not done so much together when it came to the GT86. Since they did, I'm going to disagree.

Yet this falls apart when we look at the Upgraded RUFs, Dodge Daytona, Seat Ibisa Cupra, Ford RS200 (above) & Opel Calibra. Also, the R92CP didn't receive more then a cleanup and yet its a Nissan.

Yet this falls apart when we look at the Upgraded RUFs, Dodge Daytona, Seat Ibisa Cupra, Ford RS200 (above) & Opel Calibra. Also, the R92CP didn't receive more then a cleanup and yet its a Nissan.
All the NISMO cars seem to look like absolute crap.

All the Miata's too, PD basically copy & pasted the premium NA body onto all the cars and made a few slight modifications. Then added the spoiler and graphics to differentiate them more from the premiums. Hell these cars are 90% premium all the way down to the changeable exhaust, only thing missing is the interiors.

11319871596_0bc11a21c2_c.jpg

All the Miata's too, PD basically copy & pasted the premium NA body onto all the cars and made a few slight modifications. Then added the spoiler and graphics to differentiate them more from the premiums. Hell these cars are 90% premium all the way down to the changeable exhaust, only thing missing is the interiors.
🤬 ! That means 34 premium Miatas in GT7... Great.

🤬 ! That means 34 premium Miatas in GT7... Great.
They do need to cut back on the duplicates though. I noticed a couple cars that had 3 versions each, only difference was the name. (MX-5, MX-5 Miata, Eunos Roadster) That's a bit unnecessary. Keep the MX-5 Miata's and ditch the rest, BOOM 4 cars gone. Rinse and repeat.

This would make sense if Toyota and PD had not done so much together when it came to the GT86. Since they did, I'm going to disagree.

Good point. My bad on overlooking those examples. But still, I really hope PD could show some love on the above mentioned cars and give them some upgrades. It's so hard to believe that for such perfectionists they would let those terrible jaggies or pixelated livery shown on the windows, wheel arcs or race cars' body.
:(

11319871596_0bc11a21c2_c.jpg

I wonder why they would use copy & paste on the MX-5's and not on those Skyline GT-R's. It's really hard to understand PD's way of thinking. :odd:

I AM INFO! I THINK SO!

GT6 standrad cars are fixed details so close premium it will into to Premium cars in GT7! And 150? cars are missed no fixed details it will not into to premium cars in GT7. I think for sure!? :D we see wait 2 years.

Back