"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by bodger, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Sum1s2pid

Sum1s2pid

Had to pick up one of these the other day. Much prettier! Still no turbos, though. Give us the Devil Z, Kaz!

2. Raggi Boy

Raggi Boy

Off topic, but bumper regulations back then where ridiculous, the 280z would look 10x better without them. So cruel to the designer. Hopefully if the car returns in gt7 we can take them off, since I can't see this becoming premium any time soon.

At least it's not as bad as these though...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

dalhMSP96 and JDMsk8r like this.
  3. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

Hmm....
    I do not agree with you about the lighting.
    Despite the fact that I chose two maximum similar tracks in both GT versions, I can not say that the lighting in GT6 in all cases better and more so lends credence to the fact that a copy of GT5 standard cars look more qualitatively.
    In some cases, GT5 lighting looks better.
    Besides, I never compare GT6 versions of car if it is a copy of GT5 standard or updated to premium.
    What i know is for sure that i can not answer for PD why do the headlights and tail lights look the same))
    What i do is comparison pictures, and it is for you to decide which version looks same, better or worse.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013
  4. sid_chiclana

sid_chiclana

Hey man, just wanna say a big THANK YOU for all the work you put in comparing models, we owe you bro! :tup:

5. LMSCorvetteGT2

LMSCorvetteGT2

Hardly understand most of what your saying I'm afraid, the last part was understandable though, and I'm not saying anything directed at you. I am taking in a general matter on the subject, it is the lighting and unless you can definitively point to something else otherwise please do so. As I've said already I understand what you're doing and I've told you good job if you feel you need to defend be aware none of my quoting of you has been directed at you on this thread. All I'm doing is explaining a certain car and to best do that I must quote you so a person can see where I'm getting my ideas from.

eSZee likes this.
  6. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

You know, it be soooo cool if all standard cars were semi-premiums. I mean, that Nissan Fairlady looks so much better. :)

7. Furinkazen

Furinkazen Premium

@Jordan. Sticky this. NOW.

Also I am sure the GT40 Race Car has been updated.

JoaoSilva and raven214 like this.
  8. BloodyThunderX

BloodyThunderX

Unfortunately, you'd be disappointed there. It hasn't. Confuses me aswell, considering they could've just used the base of the GT40 Road Car and updated it with the livery, wheels, and performance difference.

Cosbuster likes this.
  9. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

It seems I have the same problem, hardly understand most of what your saying. If i get you right, you said the lighting system is what is doing most of the work. I don't agree with that. GT5 Standard car and GT6 copy of it (without mesh and/or texture treatment) are all the same. New lighting helps, but not that much.
    That's the only thing i'm not agree with.

andrewyhy, Tenacious D and CarloPlaya like this.
  10. eSZee

eSZee

My qualm is him calling them simi(what?) premiums when they're just improved standards. Yeah, might sound like the same thing but a lot of the cars posted don't deserve to have semi simi micro barely premium anything. They're just standards with thicker/sharper panel gaps lines.

11. Terje

Terje

I see your point, but i really don't see the problem. I don't care if we call them semi-premium, updated standards or whatever. They look better than before, this thread is simply to show that to everyone interested.

Thank you, Mikhail K, for your awesome contribution! :)

12. eSZee

eSZee

No real problem just my own quirky thing, I guess.
    It devalues the premiums as the quality difference between the simi premiums in this thread can be quite huge. Improved standards is the more correct term, in my opinion.

13. Terje

Terje

I agree, but I don't care too much about it. I'm just happy they look better. :)

andrewyhy, perja55 and eSZee like this.
  14. alucard0712

alucard0712

Is that standard car? It looks like premium. I mean headlights and so....

15. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Check the Evos. Most of them (if not all) are Semi-Premium now. They even made a couple of them Premium, like the RS. I was surprised about that. I don't recall seeing it on the list.

16. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

Yup, it's a standard car.

AgentBlackDog and alucard0712 like this.
  17. JAHHAJ

JAHHAJ

I'm hoping they make the Evo 5 6 7 and 8 as they have the bases for these cars, for the normal 5 and 6 they could use the Evo 6 TME or Evo 4 as their base and for the 7 and 8 they could use the 9 as their base and obviously change it so it's like the real one, if you get what I mean.

18. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Something in this thread page is making my antivirus go nuts... Careful where you post these pictures from, guys.

Tenacious D and EiFFeL like this.
  19. NixxxoN

NixxxoN (Banned)

It's an image that Raggi Boy posted, because it comes from the site poco.cn and the antivirus blocks it. Strange

20. Judas Kiss

Judas Kiss

Toyota 7, cockpit view...good for a laugh.

21. ProjectWHaT

ProjectWHaT

I remember using that in GT5. I first I thought it was a premium but then I noticed the dashboard was really low res and wasn't moving.

22. Raggi Boy

Raggi Boy

Haha sorry about that, if you ask me, antivirus is more trouble than it's worth.

23. Mikhail K

Mikhail K

Same. I don't care if we call them semi-premium, updated standards or whatever. But i see it bothers people when i posting semi-premium on top of comparison pics. There's too many gradations (types) of cars better than Standard and worse than Premium.
    Some have minor/ semi / good mesh treatment only and some have texture treatment only, some are close to Premium (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03 and Mazda MX5-Eunos) copy of "Premium" car body, dark interior and GT5 "Standard" wheels.
    How should i call all these cars types?

P.S. You are welcome! Glad you like it!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  24. mwoodski

mwoodski

Worst in the game.
    [​IMG]

Inferno251, MuoNiuLa and CarloPlaya like this.
  25. RandomCarGuy17

RandomCarGuy17

^Nope, the Suzuki Alto Works is.

26. zepha121

zepha121

My 2000RS Turbo KDR30
    DR30.jpg DR30_2.jpg

27. JAHHAJ

JAHHAJ

If you ask me that looks pretty good, nowhere near the worst in the game.

28. SuperShouden

SuperShouden (Banned)

You guys haven't seen the AutoUnion.

29. TCSTigersClaw

TCSTigersClaw

We love Mikhail K`s comparissons :) Just dont stop pleasee !!

30. mwoodski

mwoodski

Do you see the texturing down the entire side of the car?