"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Nissan Fairlady Z 280-L 2seater (S130) '78
GT5 Standard /GT6 version*
View attachment 92415 View attachment 92416
*By saying "GT6 version" i mean type of car quality between "Standard (PD official classification)" from GT5 and "Premium (PD official classification)" from GT5. That means those "GT6 versions" of cars are not copys of "Standard (PD official classification)" from GT5 and not good enough to match "Premium" (PD official classification)" from GT5 cars quality. GT6 versions have different type of quality also. Some cars have close to GT5 "Premium" body quality (sometimes copy of "Premium" car body), dark interior and GT5 "Standard" wheels, some have only minor enlargement of number of poligons and many more quality types in between.
Since ther is no more "Standard" and "Premium" official classification in GT6, in this comparation pictures classification will be "GT5 Standard (PD official classification)" and "GT6 version".

Had to pick up one of these the other day. Much prettier! Still no turbos, though. Give us the Devil Z, Kaz!

Off topic, but bumper regulations back then where ridiculous, the 280z would look 10x better without them. So cruel to the designer. Hopefully if the car returns in gt7 we can take them off, since I can't see this becoming premium any time soon.

At least it's not as bad as these though...
54886520201306221158556464749844491_009.jpg
bora-0006a.jpg

The problem still remains though, that with some of the cars you posted obvious work was done to actually enhance, new meshes redesigned parts like exhaust or exits and aero bits or scoops and intakes. However, we know through interviews and the limited info releases that PD updated their lighting system, you can tell as well between pictures when you see one is darker than the other. The lighting system being changed helps cars look better without and real adjusting even if some polygons are added that isn't enough to bring it to PD premium classification. This comparison obviously shows another car riding the coat tails of the lighting system to get by as a decent car.

It still looks bad, and if they really added polygons, then why do the headlights and tail lights look the same or the bumpers that look like a rubber plastic like material instead of metal like those of premium cars with similar?

That's because in most cases it probably didn't get that treatment.

Anyways good comparison posts, keep them coming.
Hmm....
I do not agree with you about the lighting.
Despite the fact that I chose two maximum similar tracks in both GT versions, I can not say that the lighting in GT6 in all cases better and more so lends credence to the fact that a copy of GT5 standard cars look more qualitatively.
In some cases, GT5 lighting looks better.
Besides, I never compare GT6 versions of car if it is a copy of GT5 standard or updated to premium.
What i know is for sure that i can not answer for PD why do the headlights and tail lights look the same))
What i do is comparison pictures, and it is for you to decide which version looks same, better or worse.

Last edited:
Hmm....
I do not agree with you about the lighting.
Despite the fact that I chose two maximum similar tracks in both GT versions, I can not say that the lighting in GT6 in all cases better and more so lends credence to the fact that a copy of GT5 standard cars look more qualitatively.
In some cases, GT5 lighting looks better.
Besides, I never compare GT6 versions of car if it is a copy of GT5 standard or updated to premium.
What i know is for sure that i can not answer for PD why do the headlights and tail lights look the same))
What i do is comparison pictures, and it is for you to decide which version looks same, better or worse.

Hardly understand most of what your saying I'm afraid, the last part was understandable though, and I'm not saying anything directed at you. I am taking in a general matter on the subject, it is the lighting and unless you can definitively point to something else otherwise please do so. As I've said already I understand what you're doing and I've told you good job if you feel you need to defend be aware none of my quoting of you has been directed at you on this thread. All I'm doing is explaining a certain car and to best do that I must quote you so a person can see where I'm getting my ideas from.

Hardly understand most of what your saying I'm afraid, the last part was understandable though, and I'm not saying anything directed at you. I am taking in a general matter on the subject, it is the lighting and unless you can definitively point to something else otherwise please do so. As I've said already I understand what you're doing and I've told you good job if you feel you need to defend be aware none of my quoting of you has been directed at you on this thread. All I'm doing is explaining a certain car and to best do that I must quote you so a person can see where I'm getting my ideas from.
It seems I have the same problem, hardly understand most of what your saying. If i get you right, you said the lighting system is what is doing most of the work. I don't agree with that. GT5 Standard car and GT6 copy of it (without mesh and/or texture treatment) are all the same. New lighting helps, but not that much.
That's the only thing i'm not agree with.

The problem still remains though...
My qualm is him calling them simi(what?) premiums when they're just improved standards. Yeah, might sound like the same thing but a lot of the cars posted don't deserve to have semi simi micro barely premium anything. They're just standards with thicker/sharper panel gaps lines.

My qualm is him calling them simi(what?) premiums when they're just improved standards. Yeah, might sound like the same thing but a lot of the cars posted don't deserve to have semi simi micro barely premium anything. They're just standards with thicker/sharper panel gaps lines.

I see your point, but i really don't see the problem. I don't care if we call them semi-premium, updated standards or whatever. They look better than before, this thread is simply to show that to everyone interested.

Thank you, Mikhail K, for your awesome contribution! :)

I see your point, but i really don't see the problem.
No real problem just my own quirky thing, I guess.
It devalues the premiums as the quality difference between the simi premiums in this thread can be quite huge. Improved standards is the more correct term, in my opinion.

Check the Evos. Most of them (if not all) are Semi-Premium now. They even made a couple of them Premium, like the RS. I was surprised about that. I don't recall seeing it on the list.

Check the Evos. Most of them (if not all) are Semi-Premium now. They even made a couple of them Premium, like the RS. I was surprised about that. I don't recall seeing it on the list.
I'm hoping they make the Evo 5 6 7 and 8 as they have the bases for these cars, for the normal 5 and 6 they could use the Evo 6 TME or Evo 4 as their base and for the 7 and 8 they could use the 9 as their base and obviously change it so it's like the real one, if you get what I mean.

Something in this thread page is making my antivirus go nuts... Careful where you post these pictures from, guys.

It's an image that Raggi Boy posted, because it comes from the site poco.cn and the antivirus blocks it. Strange

I agree, but I don't care too much about it. I'm just happy they look better. :)

Same. I don't care if we call them semi-premium, updated standards or whatever. But i see it bothers people when i posting semi-premium on top of comparison pics. There's too many gradations (types) of cars better than Standard and worse than Premium.
Some have minor/ semi / good mesh treatment only and some have texture treatment only, some are close to Premium (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03 and Mazda MX5-Eunos) copy of "Premium" car body, dark interior and GT5 "Standard" wheels.
How should i call all these cars types?

P.S. You are welcome! Glad you like it!

Last edited:
Same. I don't care if we call them semi-premium, updated standards or whatever. But i see it bothers people when i posting semi-premium on top of comparison pics. There's too many gradations (types) of cars better than Standard and worse than Premium.
Some have minor/ semi / good mesh treatment only and some have texture treatment only, some are close to Premium (Aston Martin DB9 Coupe '03 and Mazda MX5-Eunos) copy of "Premium" car body, dark interior and GT5 "Standard" wheels.
How should i call all these cars types?

P.S. You are welcome! Glad you like it!

We love Mikhail K`s comparissons :) Just dont stop pleasee !!

Back