"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
The ibiza looks great but it has some grill mistaks now that when it was standard there was correctly

it looks correct to me

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_1.9_TDI_2004_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg

oy0v.jpg

Last edited:
I know it is popular to hate on the Standards in GT6 but I am just happy that they are there. Many of my favorite cars to drive fall in the Standard category. I guess I am not a real stickler on looks. If I was I would probably be playing Forza 5. I just want to drive the cars I like. As long as the car looks fairly good then I am happy. For example, I love the Superautobac Apex MR-S and the Toyota MR-S '99 because that is what I drive as a weekend ridge runner in real life. I am much happier to have them in the game as Standards than to not have them in the game if PF decided they did not want to go to the expense of having them redone as Premiums. Note: There is no MR2 Spyder/MR-S in Forza 5.

it looks correct to me

Seat-Ibiza_Cupra_1.9_TDI_2004_1600x1200_wallpaper_01.jpg

oy0v.jpg

Well you have to be a SEAT hardcore fun like me to find whats wrong :P
The pic you have here is too dark it has 2 screws that are not visible anymore cloe to the intercooler and the honeycombs there are closed .Also there are 2 screws for the hook
Ok small little detail , but if you see the Standard Gt5 model its very correct even if its only textures :P.

Also the bottom lip is wrong too :) You can see it in this pic too

Its perfect to have that quality cupra I am not complaining :) just saying

Last edited:
The Ibiza for the moment is the only spanish car in the game, and its a great selling car, I guess its a priority over one of those hundreds of "useless" versions of the same japanese cars :P
I think its handling is also not bad at all

Wish there were more Seats. I request constantly since GT4 :)

Very impressive work on a lot of these standards. I haven't even bought a single standard yet cause I have more interest in the new cars to GT6, but seeing some of these is making me want to get some of these touched up standard models. The Rufs look spectacular, and a whole bunch of others posted in here look truly great as well. When they said some cars would be updated I didn't expect much so they certainly exceeded my expectations. Lots of these look semi-premium.

The Ibiza for the moment is the only spanish car in the game, and its a great selling car, I guess its a priority over one of those hundreds of "useless" versions of the same japanese cars :P
I think its handling is also not bad at all
Wish there were more Seats. I request constantly since GT4 :)

Yeah guys, being Spanish myself, I think we could do with some of these too... :lol:

foto5.jpg

I wonder what the fate of Standard cars is for GT7. They can't just keep improving them; they must start from scratch if they want to "Premiumize" all the cars.

Probably something like the jump from GT2 to GT3. Same with Forza 4 to Forza 5. A lot less cars but better quality. Which can be good or bad, depending on what cars PD would put into it.

Probably something like the jump from GT2 to GT3. Same with Forza 4 to Forza 5. A lot less cars but better quality. Which can be good or bad, depending on what cars PD would put into it.

I doubt it, there are too many people right now mainly new to the game that don't care about standards or premiums or interior views.

Nissan SKYLINE 1500Deluxe (S50D-1) '63
GT5 Standard /GT6 version*
View attachment 92410 View attachment 92411
*By saying "GT6 version" i mean type of car quality between "Standard (PD official classification)" from GT5 and "Premium (PD official classification)" from GT5. That means those "GT6 versions" of cars are not copys of "Standard (PD official classification)" from GT5 and not good enough to match "Premium" (PD official classification)" from GT5 cars quality. GT6 versions have different type of quality also. Some cars have close to GT5 "Premium" body quality (sometimes copy of "Premium" car body), dark interior and GT5 "Standard" wheels, some have only minor enlargement of number of poligons and many more quality types in between.
Since ther is no more "Standard" and "Premium" official classification in GT6, in this comparation pictures classification will be "GT5 Standard (PD official classification)" and "GT6 version".

The problem still remains though, that with some of the cars that have been posted obvious work was done to actually enhance, new meshes redesigned parts like exhaust or exits and aero bits or scoops and intakes. However, we know through interviews and the limited info releases that PD updated their lighting system, you can tell as well between pictures when you see one is darker than the other. The lighting system being changed helps cars look better without and real adjusting even if some polygons are added that isn't enough to bring it to PD premium classification. This comparison obviously shows another car riding the coat tails of the lighting system to get by as a decent car.

It still looks bad, and if they really added polygons, then why do the headlights and tail lights look the same or the bumpers that look like a rubber plastic like material instead of metal like those of premium cars with similar?

That's because in most cases it probably didn't get that treatment.

Anyways good comparison posts, keep them coming.

Last edited:
Pao looks virtually the same just a different color, and in the GT5 version in the second photo of the right side of the car it looks better I think. Especially from the front to the b-pillar. The windows are the obvious detail that pop out at me that are clearly better between the two, GT6 has nice looking windows while GT5 doesn't.

Back