"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
You have to admit that standard car duplicates and standard cars that are still in despite a very similar premium (that one 72' and 73' car I think that I can't think of the name of) really shouldn't still be in the game though.
I agree. Some of the duplicates really don't need to be there.

A different racing developer did something very similar to that. They went from almost 700 cars to 200 on the next system. And now charging to put the cars back in. Removing cars from the game and then charging us to put them back in the game is infuriating and unprofessional IMO.
Leaving PS2 quality content in a game that's bridging on next gen is what's unprofessional and infuriating IMO.

A different racing developer did something very similar to that. They went from almost 700 cars to 200 on the next system. And now charging to put the cars back in. Removing cars from the game and then charging us to put them back in the game is infuriating and unprofessional IMO.

What T10 is doing is also very ridiculous, who pays for cars that were in the previous game? also, the DLC's of FM5 are not cheap, not at all (now you get to open the bonnet and trunk in some cars, not in all :dunce:) . PD did get the Jaguar XJR-9 and the VW Beetle has a paid dlc for GT5 and I really hope that they don't do the same thing again in GT6.:nervous:

I like what PD did with GT6 and know they will keep converting standards to premiums over time. I would prefer the developer either wait until their game is complete or keep all the cars in the game. So with that said, hopefully PD leaves all 1300 cars in GT7. But I can almost guarantee they wont all be premiums. I would honestly prefer if PD waited 5-6 more years before releasing GT7 and get all 1,300 cars as premium. That would be amazing. But having all the cars is definitely better than only having 200-300 cars. Which is why I am now playing GT6 and not the other developers new game. :D

PD converted some standards to premium for gt6 but it was just like 10 or 12 cars, something like that, and that gave me a thought. How many time is PD going to take to make all standards to premium? if they updated 200-300 cars I would say that would be plausible in gt7 to have all cars premium but with gt6 current state gt7 will have 20 more cars converted to premium. gt7 can't have 1300 cars, gt7 can not have levels of quality anymore. It has to be only one level of quality: PREMIUM. I'm sick of saying "I wish the Viper GTR-S was premium".

It's not really the same thing in my eyes. PD would actually have to remodel the standards to premium quality, which I feel would be a waste of time for majority of the cars, while t10 hasn't really done much with new cars. They say they are all new assets but you can see some cars still have the same flaws and inaccuracies they had in fm3/4.
There are cars that were either DLC in FM4 or all new for FH that you would have assumed were created with the XBONE in mind, since these cars were made within the past 2 or so years, well into the development of the xbone and fm5, that were not in fm5 and are being released as PDLC. That's the main issue I have with FM5 right now.

I would be very unhappy if the standards weren't carried over to GT7. We would lose cars such as the Jaguar XJ220, Toyota Supra, pretty much all of the Le Mans cars, The Zondas (excluding the R) and many more iconic cars.

I would also be sad since my favorite cars are standards (many le mans, rally cars, Toyota supra and other Tuners,Saleen S7 jag xJ220 and other super cars). I think PD should take like 100-150 cars, put them premium and dump the rest out, easy.

I would be very unhappy if the standards weren't carried over to GT7. We would lose cars such as the Jaguar XJ220, Toyota Supra, pretty much all of the Le Mans cars, The Zondas (excluding the R) and many more iconic cars.

Well you better be ready for disappointment. While PD may be ilogical, and sometimes plain retarded in some of their decisions, if GT7 isn't a new start for the series, GT is hopeless. They already got their guinness world record of most cars in a video game, there's no need to flood it even further.

I would also be sad since my favorite cars are standards (many le mans, rally cars, Toyota supra and other Tuners,Saleen S7 jag xJ220 and other super cars). I think PD should take like 100-150 cars, put them premium and dump the rest out, easy.

I wouldn't say easy, but I would personally accept semi-premiums (premium exterior-no interiors, ex: Vision AMG GT) if that's what it's going to take for them to be able to transfer the majority of the standards in GT6, because A LOT of them will be heavily missed.

Well you better be ready for disappointment. While PD may be ilogical, and sometimes plain retarded in some of their decisions, if GT7 isn't a new start for the series, GT is hopeless. They already got their guinness world record of most cars in a video game, there's no need to flood it even further.

Agree, that chase for "1080p" and "1000+" cars is just...********, I hate it! Again Quality>quantity.

You have to admit that standard car duplicates and standard cars that are still in despite a very similar premium (that one 72' and 73' car I think that I can't think of the name of) really shouldn't still be in the game though.

Alpine A110 1600S? They're not duplicates, they have different engines.

Agree, that chase for "1080p" and "1000+" cars is just...********, I hate it! Again Quality>quantity.
But that's exactly what you got with cars future proofed for PS4. That's why there are relatively few Premium cars. You know, because quality over quantity. If they made them to a lower quality, they may have had enough to get rid of the Standards much earlier. Quantity over quality?

The Standards are not part of GT5 / GT6's development budget at all (excluding time chasing licences and remaking body panels to a higher standard - quality over quantity!), which is why they're called carry-overs!

What you mean is consistency, but consistency requires a pre-defined measure of "tolerance" in order to mean anything. There will always be inconsistency to some tolerance, and some have more tolerance than others.

What can be inferred as a result is that "consistency" was not possible to the level of quality (over quantity) that PD wanted. At least, not such that they could get the long term benefit they sorely need to keep up with "expectations", and without resorting to wastefully outsourcing to a "just good enough" standard (only to have to do them all again within a year or two) that effectively embodies the throwaway economy we have today.

But that's only what gamers wanted. Take heed, and adjust your demands accordingly, I say.

PD did get the Jaguar XJR-9 and the VW Beetle has a paid dlc for GT5 and I really hope that they don't do the same thing again in GT6.:nervous:

Don't worry about XJR-9 and Beetle 1200. Both are premium and are in the full game in GT6. So those are no more DLC. :)
Anyway, I will miss my Zonda LM if it's gone in GT7. :nervous: I'm truly in love with it and it's a good race car. I would want at least 100 standards to be premiumized or semi-standard. Semi-standards are fine to me, so that's not a big problem. :embarrassed:

The Honda Today G was one of the good standards before?

Noticed it really tidy when playing last night. It even had a part of the dashboard when looking from the outside...

New updated cars in 1.05?
I think the Corvette C5-R got slightly updated with better polygonal detail, but no updated textures on its sides or panel gaps.

The Nissan Primera 20V '01 seems to have better modeled detail than before, even though it already got improved a bit in GT6 compared to previous games. EDIT: hmmm, maybe not: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-bad-and-the-ugly.291012/page-53#post-9137221

After purchasing one and looking at it in detail in photo mode in game, I can now say the Nissan Primera looks the same as before (good).

Last edited:
2000 and 2001 GT-R Super GT cars have been given the model detail boost, some have sharper visual texture work as well. Looking around for a list on here that has all the cars updated prior to 1.05 to see if these cars I mentioned are on there.

Nit-pick* enough about the interior of the VGT Benz, it more than likely doesn't have one in game because Mercedes probably said no to the interior being modeled. It's their IP so they have right to limit what shows up, besides interior or not the main point is you want the car handle which the point of driving it. It's a bloody concept which tend to not have interiors that were finalized until it nearly goes into production.

People said the C5-R got upgraded a bit. What do you think?

RrNXVXm.png

KIVdPLb.jpg

AAWfNyf.png

The overall texture isn't high resolution as you can see that white strip is standing out like a sore thumb. The front end yellow paint seems to be perfectly fine as is the rear black but that side white and all the textures are all low resolution but the wheel wells are much cleaner than before. The rest of the car is not up to par, that white strip on the sides are glaringly ugly.

The '93 Calsonic GT-R, Pennzoil '01 GT-R, Calsonic Skyline '00, Loctite GT-R '00, Pennsoil GT-R '99 and Xanavi Hiroto GT-R '01 all have been given a polygon makeover. The '99-'01 EU S2000 all have been given a slight polygon boost that you can see on each year model door sills, strange enough the polygon increase isn't on the entire car the vertical lines of the door are still textures. Seems like there are at least 2 levels of upgrades, first one is texture and light polygon increase(sills, wheels wells and around windshields) second level is major polygon increase(rebuilt polygon mesh sporting higher detail) and high resolution texture for paint. Notice that many race cars sport 2nd level but tend to have low resolution textures. I'm guessing that the 3rd level is a combination of both or max premium level detail like new cars in the game.

It seems that the C5-R didn't changed!!! Why step by step ....and not full remodeling the hole Car...and I don't belive that 6 months for a model

the same with the R390 GT1 Racecar ...unfinished!!!PD sucks mabe they can deleted all Standardcars ...but is a wish that will never happened.!

Nit-pick* enough about the interior of the VGT Benz, it more than likely doesn't have one in game because Mercedes probably said no to the interior being modeled. It's their IP so they have right to limit what shows up, besides interior or not the main point is you want the car handle which the point of driving it. It's a bloody concept which tend to not have interiors that were finalized until it nearly goes into production.

Wasn't said in one of the first notifications about the VGTs that all VGT cars won't get an interior because of the time needed to model it? Maybe I remember it wrong, but I always thought the VGTs were meant to be this way.

Wasn't said in one of the first notifications about the VGTs that all VGT cars won't get an interior because of the time needed to model it? Maybe I remember it wrong, but I always thought the VGTs were meant to be this way.

Not to my knowledge, in fact the M4 launched without an interior because the car had no been revealed to the public in full yet, but the interior was clearly modeled in the game as it was completely blacked out, but you could see the silhouette of it. The M4 showed up after the VGT, so why did the M4 get it's interior but not the VGT? Simple the VGT is more than likely being purposely kept from having an interior by the powers that be MB.

Back