Tommy Kaira ZZ-s '00

Toyota ALTEZZA RS200 '98

Toyota CELICA SS-II (ZZT231) '99

Toyota SOARER 430SCV '01

Toyota SPRINTER TRUENO GT-APEX (S.Shigeno Ver.) '00

Toyota SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00

Vauxhall Calibra Touring Car '94

Zonda C12S 7.3 '02

Mikhail, we are all indebted to you. Your shots are always perfect.

Is it me, or PD struggle over improving textures. My friend opened GT4 textures before and I also had a look at the quality. Should be easy for them to clear most blurred textures on the car arches. I wouldn't mind doing it without pay, but who knows what they end up like :lol:.

I started playing GT6 over the weekend and overall I am VERY happy with the way PD handled the standards. Its nice they are all able to attend the photo travel and its even better that we can buy all of them from the dealership. Those 2 things alone make GT6 a huge improvement over GT5. Also as we can tell by this thread, many of the standards have been touched up quite a bit.

While I am happy with most of the standards, I was a bit surprised with this standard car....GT Vision Mercedes.

City of Arts and Sciences - Night_2.jpg

Exterior is stunning.

IMG_20140223_085856.jpg

Interior not so much and this is the view I use when driving. I do appreciate this car being free. So with that said, the GT series will be even better once they can finally get full interiors into each car. But honestly, overall I am very happy with GT6. MUCH better than GT5.

I started playing GT6 over the weekend and overall I am VERY happy with the way PD handled the standards. Its nice they are all able to attend the photo travel and its even better that we can buy all of them from the dealership. Those 2 things alone make GT6 a huge improvement over GT5. Also as we can tell by this thread, many of the standards have been touched up quite a bit.

While I am happy with most of the standards, I was a bit surprised with this car....GT Vision Mercedes.

View attachment 120209
Exterior is stunning.

View attachment 120210
Interior not so much and this is the view I use when driving. So with that said, the GT series will be even better once they can finally get full interiors into each car. But honestly, overall I am very happy with GT6. MUCH better than GT5.
The AMG VGT isn't a proper standard, its a premium exterior with a standard interior. Also why would you think PD would add a real standard to the game?

The AMG VGT isn't a proper standard, its a premium exterior with a standard interior. Also why would you think PD would add a real standard to the game?
That's what confused me. I thought for sure it was a premium since we had the option to "View gallery". So I was excited to jump in and check out the premium interior. Then seen that and thought wow this looks great for a standard. In fact even the official GTplanet Master car list has it listed as standard. It does not say premium.
Untitled.png

So you are saying this car has a premium outside, and standard inside? I didn't know that. I thought there was either premium or standard. Had no idea some were blended together. Is there a list of other premium / standard cars?

I would personally say the Merc VGT is semi-premium as it has detailed exterior but no interior but I hope it gets updated to premium soon...

That's what confused me. I thought for sure it was a premium since we had the option to "View gallery". So I was excited to jump in and check out the premium interior. Then seen that and thought wow this looks great for a standard. In fact even the official GTplanet Master car list has it listed as standard. It does not say premium.

So you are saying this car has a premium outside, and standard inside? I didn't know that. I thought there was either premium or standard. Had no idea some were blended together. Is there a list of other premium / standard cars?
Well, there's no cut-off on exteriors between standards and premiums, its just judgement. It is rather odd though, but I would still class it as a premium for me, as I find having a nicely modeled exterior far more important than having an interior. (I'm sure someone who only drives in cockpit view would disagree ;))

I would personally say the Merc VGT is semi-premium as it has detailed exterior but no interior but I hope it gets updated to premium soon...
That's a good way of listing it.....Semi Premium.
Well, there's no cut-off on exteriors between standards and premiums, its just judgement. It is rather odd though, but I would still class it as a premium for me, as I find having a nicely modeled exterior far more important than having an interior. (I'm sure someone who only drives in cockpit view would disagree ;))
Its a step in the right direction since PD always seems to be crunched for time and understaffed. The series is getting better and better again for sure. I was sick to my stomach with GT5 especially at launch. Just insulting. The standards were just a massive buzz kill to the entire game. GT5 standards improved over a few years of updates but still couldn't be brought into photo travel and still were in the used car dealership.

GT6 has brought my love back for the series with the standard improvements. GT6 will only get better as long as they keep supporting GT6 for a while before starting their focus all their attention on GT7. I am sure within a year GT6 will have a lot of improvements and updates. I actually typed up a review for GT6 in the review section. Almost all positive feedback. :)

The MB VGT is a premium because it has premium characteristics such as detailed exterior, hi/low beam headlights, etc.

So does my Gran Turismo Skyline though :/

I think it should be classed Premium (high detail exterior, detailed interior), Semi-premium (high detail exterior, no interior) and Standard (low detail exterior, no interior)

This is ridiculous, 3 levels of quality. PD, for GT7 remove the standards please it's enough of ps2 quality cars.
I know some of you say "I prefer to keep the standards than remove them at all" but come on guys it's time to move on, I mean I love many cars that are standards and I would like to see them premium but that definition is not for the current hardware. Many of them are so badly treated that I just prefer not having them.

While some of the standards have been updated, my favorites have seen zero improvement like my poor '01 Teggy still looks like a relic from GT3 :(. And it can't have a turbo but the honda one can. And it's listed as an American car so no JDM lobbies with that.

While I am happy with most of the standards, I was a bit surprised with this standard car....GT Vision Mercedes.

View attachment 120209
Exterior is stunning.

View attachment 120210
Interior not so much and this is the view I use when driving. I do appreciate this car being free. So with that said, the GT series will be even better once they can finally get full interiors into each car. But honestly, overall I am very happy with GT6. MUCH better than GT5.

The project of the interior already exist but PD refused to model it...

zlukhXS.jpg

xGDop76.jpg

aaVu26N.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe because they don't know if other companies are going to make an interior so if they do make an interior for the MB then the other companies won't look as good.

You know. You cant take a sketch and laser scan it.. And look. We got a Interior for the M4. We should be happy. Hopefully PD will model the interior.

I hope they do as those sketches look pretty cool :P

EDIT: Would also be cool if they modeled a different interior for the racing version. So its stripped down to bare minimums etc. :P

This is ridiculous, 3 levels of quality. PD, for GT7 remove the standards please it's enough of ps2 quality cars.
I know some of you say "I prefer to keep the standards than remove them at all" but come on guys it's time to move on, I mean I love many cars that are standards and I would like to see them premium but that definition is not for the current hardware. Many of them are so badly treated that I just prefer not having them.
I used to think the same thing. I thought it would be better to remove all the standards. But that would have brought the car quantity from 1,200 down to 200 in GT5 and from 1,300 to 300 in GT6. It always seemed to me I would be happy with that. Until....

A different racing developer did something very similar to that. They went from almost 700 cars to 200 on the next system. And now charging to put the cars back in. Removing cars from the game and then charging us to put them back in the game is infuriating and unprofessional IMO.

I like what PD did with GT6 and know they will keep converting standards to premiums over time. I would prefer the developer either wait until their game is complete or keep all the cars in the game. So with that said, hopefully PD leaves all 1300 cars in GT7. But I can almost guarantee they wont all be premiums. I would honestly prefer if PD waited 5-6 more years before releasing GT7 and get all 1,300 cars as premium. That would be amazing. But having all the cars is definetly better than only having 200-300 cars. Which is why I am now playing GT6 and not the other developers new game. :D

Last edited:
I used to think the same thing. I thought it would be better to remove all the standards. But that would have brought the car quantity from 1,200 down to 200 in GT5 and from 1,300 to 300 in GT6. It always seemed to me I would be happy with that. Until....

A different racing developer did something very similar to that. They went from almost 700 cars to 200 on the next system. And now charging to put the cars back in. Removing cars from the game and then charging us to put them back in the game is infuriating and unprofessional IMO.

I like what PD did with GT6 and know they will keep converting standards to premiums over time. I would prefer the developer either wait until their game is complete or keep all the cars in the game. So with that said, hopefully PD leaves all 1300 cars in GT7. But I can almost guarantee they wont all be premiums. I would honestly prefer if PD waited 5-6 more years before releasing GT7 and get all 1,300 cars as premium. That would be amazing. But having all the cars is definetly better than only having 200-300 cars. Which is why I am now playing GT6 and not the other developers new game. :D
You have to admit that standard car duplicates and standard cars that are still in despite a very similar premium (that one 72' and 73' car I think that I can't think of the name of) really shouldn't still be in the game though.

Back