"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
I think the updated standard cars may feature in the future game(GT7) as premiums, but for non-updated cars, we will never see them again.

I think the updated standard cars may feature in the future game(GT7) as premiums, but for non-updated cars, we will never see them again.

I think the opposite. The reason that many haven't been improved could indicate that they plan to model some of them again, thus polishing old textures would be a waste of time.

Two of my favorite cars are still standards that haven't been touched up. CRX looks worse than MR2 up close

I think a lot of folks underestimate the coolness of these cars. I could get onboard with PD showing some love to the sturdy Civic or the mid engine masterpiece, the MR2. I'm a Miata guy, but have lots of respect for these two cars. You see a lot of them at autocross events and sometimes the track. I think there are a lot of people who enjoy driving a normal car, one that they've either owned in the past or they are looking to buy. Not everyone wants to drive a Ferrari.

I think a lot of folks underestimate the coolness of these cars. I could get onboard with PD showing some love to the sturdy Civic or the mid engine masterpiece, the MR2. I'm a Miata guy, but have lots of respect for these two cars. You see a lot of them at autocross events and sometimes the track. I think there are a lot of people who enjoy driving a normal car, one that they've either owned in the past or they are looking to buy. Not everyone wants to drive a Ferrari.

They're very cool. Unfortunately, cool doesn't make them look any better.

There. I fixed it for you.

On a more serious note, the BMW 330i looks awful. I wish more cars would've gotten the same treatment as the FTO - which is by far the best and most acceptable looking (non open-wheel) standard car I've so far seen.
Hahaha not even close the Mitsubishi Colt and the Camaro look just as good if not better !

Good idea, but I think we could have one more category: the great!

RUFs are looking great for standards now.

1398313_767768206573670_1231839756_o.jpg

1397054_767663996584091_381337729_o.png

In times of PS4 this is a mess. Lets hope they throw them standards away on PS4/GT7. When the time comes, you have to dump your old crap away and start things from scratch.

For some point you're right. But on another hand there are some cars that love only a few people. So if PD get rid of them there's no more chance to drive them as a standard or simi-standard even.
For example i'm really miss Lotus Elise GT1 Road Car from GT2, and if i have a chance to play it as a standard or simi-standard, it's good to me. Better than nothing i mean.
Lotus_Elise_GT1_Road_Car_(front_right).jpg

For some point you're right. But on another hand there are some cars that love only a few people. So if PD get rid of them there's no more chance to drive them as a standard or simi-standard even.
For example i'm really miss Lotus Elise GT1 Road Car from GT2, and if i have a chance to play it as a standard or simi-standard, it's good to me. Better than nothing i mean.
View attachment 85785

I missed that beast a lot since GT2!!! :drool::drool::drool:

That's incidentally one of the last cars I checked out yesterday and it did look updated/Semipremium.

This is the last list from me for the time being, as I have returned the PS3 running a copy of GT6 to the friend who lent it to me for a day. Please somebody else continue the work I made so far. For example, I think I remember Vauxhall having the same upgraded cars as Opel, but I can't verify that anymore before including them to the list. I also think I misspelled some exact RX-7 model names (there were way so many I was taking shortcuts in order to add them but then ended up doing a few small mistakes).

Well Sirakawaa thanks a lot for the list but a couple of mistakes. CRX is definetly not improved ,Seat Ibiza Cupra also :)

I think you misunderstand the reason why they still exist.

The reason why they exist is that there just hasn't been the development time to upgrade them all to premium. Apparently it takes 6 months to do a premium model. 1200 cars. You do the maths...

Zip to do with technical limitations of the PS3.
Exactly. The premiums seem to take about 4-6 months per car. PD just needs to start outsourcing, increase the PD crew, or set lower expectations. It has NOTHING to do with the PS3.

BTW this is not just a problem with GT. The other competitive console sim game is clearly having the same problem with not having enough time to create extremely high texture cars. They seem to also only be able to create an extremely high textured model every 4-6 months. Which is why that series has a LOT less cars this time and it is even on the next gen console. Instead of basically leaving in what pd calls "standards", that company removed all the cars that were not the highest quality.

Last edited:
Two of my favorite cars are still standards that haven't been touched up. CRX looks worse than MR2 up close

GAK! Man they do need to give the CRX more love, its a legend in the FF world!!! They should bring back the Mugen version also!

With that they need a EF9 hatchback as well, would love to see the CRX and Civic go head to head on Tsukuba!

I hate to be a drag, since everyone and their mum's uncle is requesting a car comparison here, but if you have the time, could someone get some images of my precious, precious DOME ZERO?

In times of PS4 this is a mess. Lets hope they throw them standards away on PS4/GT7. When the time comes, you have to dump your old crap away and start things from scratch.
Wait till people complain about the lack of cars in GT7 should they follow this correct rule. Imagine the backlash akin to Forza Motorsport 5. Not everyone is educated enough to understand the problems in this.

I just want PD to port all their premiums to GT7 and add 150 new premiums and then I'll be fine in the car aspect. :P

Sometimes i don't get PD! Why would you spend time polishing the standard Blitz ER34 when you can create a premium version by making modifications to the 2007 one.

Oh my god it looks so pretty :drool:

Can't wait to do a final proper drift set with the photomode guys. Last time we did one it was a mess of jaggies and artifacts :crazy:

Back