• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Citroën 2CV Type A '54
GT5 standard /GT6 simi-premium
Citroen_2CV_s011.jpg

Citroen_2CV_s021.jpg

Links to all comparison shots in this thread >>>

Last edited:
Has anyone got pics of the Classic Mini Cooper? And the Mk1 Golf.

The Subaru 22b STi was already one of the best looking Standard cars in GT5:

http://alphawiki.net/gran-turismo5/...-STi%20%A5%D0%A1%BC%A5%B8%A5%E7%A5%F3%20%2798

index.php

index.php

You can easily recognize upgraded Standard cars in GT6 by the improved body panel gaps.
Cars without noticeable panel gaps haven't been touched.

Strange they still haven't included the Premium Subaru STI/22b that was in GT - HD along with the Celica GT-Four.

Apparently I forgot to add all Mitsubishi GTO / 3000 GT in the list I previously posted. They all appear to have been improved.

Apparently you can take closeups of standard cars now after patch 1.01 (or was that only an issue with photo travel?). I didn't get any notice that I was too close to take a picture.

Here's 2 photos of the AE86.

AutumnRing_zps44f63fe7.jpg

AutumnRing_1_zps67eb0ac0.jpg

They really did touch them up nicely. Sadly not all of them though but I never really cared about standard cars looking bad anyway. :P Though I hope they will still get around to updating them all (through patches).

For some strange reason, this makes me very happy :lol:

Could someone please take a picture of the Skyline Safety Car? Or atleast tell if the lights work, and if it has on/off switch for the lights. Thanks.

All these touched up RUF's I think are saying "Hey Porsche, you look nice in our games, so join us."
Hahaha. It would be even nicer if we could get confirmation on if the RUF rear wings can be removed. I would SO love to have all of 'em looking just like Carreras. :lol:

Damn shame if the Interceptor has been cut as well as the Ginetta, although I wouldn't be suprised if that was because not enough people were interested in old British cars like the Jensen.
The Jensen and the Ginetta are gone?!?! Those were two of the cars I bought every time they showed up in the used car lot no matter how many I already owned. I might have to go cry now, I loved those cars.

All these touched up RUF's I think are saying "Hey Porsche, you look nice in our games, so join us."

Careful, you'll get the Porsche thread going ape with that post :lol:

No. The entire pre 99 line up is neglected and the pre 05s.. Pretty much what made Subaru great is still standard

Pretty much this. As an owner of a USDM '05 STI and previous owner of a Rally Blue Pearl '98 Impreza 2.5RS.. I'm not really into how any of the post '07 Subaru stuff looks I guess.

And they put a premium '07 Impreza Type RA (giant ugly 18" wheels for no reason) in GT5.. but not the Type RA-R which also has giant ugly 18" wheels.. but thats because they put massive 6 pot brakes on it among other upgrades. Only 300 were built.

sigh.. someday.

Has anyone seen the Suzuki ALTO WORKS RS-Z '97? I remember that standard in GT5 looking like one of the worst

Wow, that 86 looks amazing, as does the KPGC10 posted a few pages back. Had they updated the AW11 (or have they?) I'd be over the moon, but instead I'm just very impressed. I hope the semi-premium updates are a hint at forthcoming premiumisation DLC packs or patches or something, there are no good representations of either the AE86 or KPGC10 in realistic driving games/sims that I can use with a wheel (Forza 4's weren't terrible, but playing with a pad is blurgh).

So can't wait to grab a copy at GameStop tomorrow (shouldn't be too high in demand + I didn't preorder :ouch: )
I'll be closely examining some of the Standard cars I'll be buying to see how much they've improved in graphical quality.

Pretty much this. As an owner of a USDM '05 STI and previous owner of a Rally Blue Pearl '98 Impreza 2.5RS.. I'm not really into how any of the post '07 Subaru stuff looks I guess.

And they put a premium '07 Impreza Type RA (giant ugly 18" wheels for no reason) in GT5.. but not the Type RA-R which also has giant ugly 18" wheels.. but thats because they put massive 6 pot brakes on it among other upgrades. Only 300 were built.

sigh.. someday.
Yeah I just wish some of the 20 GCs were updated (I have an 05 STI as well which would be great) but I'm sure they're going to focus more efforts towards the 22b than some of the sedans :(

Back