"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
Do you not like the 2D? I happen to like it a lot. I like to have this avatar so I can troll the WSC threads, because it is actually permanently banned from racing, due to its non-existent tire wear and supernatural grip.
Not sure about the grip, but would the tire-life have anything to do with the incredibly long gearing of the 3-speed?

dodge_charger_440_r_t__70_by_gt6_garage-d6yoii3.png

plymouth_superbird__70_by_gt6_garage-d6yi01f.png
The Charger and Superbird are a few of my favorite semi-premiums. Wait a second... is it me, or is the Superbird a Charger with a bodykit?

I admit to having bias for the Lister Storm.

I think the point is we all want our #1 favorite car (if it's standard) to be semi-premium. You have one, don't you?

Yes, we all want our favourite cars to become premium but when you talk about a car that deserves it you can either look at it objectively, which deserve it more, or you can look at it with favouritism and say your favourite deserves it more, just because it's your favourite. Hence, the bias comment.

Yes, we all want our favourite cars to become premium but when you talk about a car that deserves it you can either look at it objectively, which deserve it more, or you can look at it with favouritism and say your favourite deserves it more, just because it's your favourite. Hence, the bias comment.

It is a priceless classic race car that has an interesting history and looks stunning. That's why it deserves to be premium.

It is a priceless classic race car that has an interesting history and looks stunning. That's why it deserves to be premium.
Priceless, possibly true, interesting history and looks stunning is just your opinion.

Yes. I could say I want the Audi R8 (a LMP car with tons more history and value) to be made premium. But it's opinion, not factual.

Speaking of some cars that should be premium or semi-premium at the least. I wonder why PD didn't use the 1999 Impreza Rally Car model from GTHD instead of the old GT4 standard.

I don't know if this has been discussed already.

Priceless, possibly true, interesting history and looks stunning is just your opinion.

In most people's opinion, the 2D should be premium because it has appeal to many and is a classic race car(this alone should make PD consider it worthy of being premium). I mean, why does PD put any cars in the game? Because it is a driving game. Why did PD put the cars that they did in the game? Because most of them are cars that are very popular and legendary according to peoples' opinions. Even PD has their opinions and obsessions with certain cars. Take for instance the countless duplicates of GTR's and etc. Like me, I am sure you are wondering why PD loves them so much. So why do they? I don't know. Go ask PD. Therefore you saying that my and other peoples' opinions about the 2D do not justify it being made premium is like saying all of the duplicate GTR's and unnecessary Nissans(This is the majority's opinion) do not deserve to be in GT6. But that would not stop PD from having them in the game. They have a right to their own opinion and we have a right to ours. The majority of people would not mind and would like the idea of the 2D being made premium(Though according to you peoples' opinions do not matter).
I'm thinking this thread should kinda be done for.

Indeed.

I will say, regarding the whole "PD putting popular cars in" bit is only partly true. It's more Kaz's decision, and according to KAZ: Pushing the virtual divide, he only puts cars in which he thinks are special. That he has gotten to know and love.

you saying that my and other peoples' opinions about the 2D do not justify it being made premium

Except I never said that. All I said, which has been blown way out of proportion, is that I was sensing some bias in your original post, which you yourself acknowledged. I didn't say the 2D didn't deserve to be premium, I suggested that looking at the 700 odd standard cars objectively, without bias, there may be hundreds of other cars you would choose first.

I think Kaz just selects cars he likes at the moment, not what everyone wants but he does have a good taste in machines from what I've seen, such as the Miura prototype he had modelled for GT5, and most of the rest of the Concours machines he's selected.

@RyanRacer

Personally, I don't give a hoot about the Chaparrel's history, considering it's way before my time. Sure it's a radical and I'm sure a very fast racing car, but what you want isn't what everybody wants. I mean yeah I'm biased towards Toyotas and I would love some cars like the GT-One and the 88-CV to be premium, but going off on a tangent about how everybody wants one and that PD's committing some crime against humanity by not putting it in just seems foolish to me.

Cars appeal to everybody, heck there are some(in my view) poor souls who think cars like the Honda Civics and the retcon cars should be semi-premium. It doesn't mean they shouldn't be, heck they're still using PS2 models! But the bottom line is PD probably don't have the manpower to convert and update every single model in the game. We can tell they tried by seeing the updated standard cars, but re-modelling over 700 models is a tall order for any game company.

I love nissans but there is way too many in the game it's just standard after standard same with mx5s theres too many standard mx5s and not enough premium and the nsx has 10 90s honda models but not one is premium

I love nissans but there is way too many in the game it's just standard after standard same with mx5s theres too many standard mx5s and not enough premium and the nsx has 10 90s honda models but not one is premium
yeah, they can be removed to give space for other cars.💡

On the Chaparral, PD should give the 2D a touch-up at least not for the car's history but for this...

Nürburgring 24h_1.jpg

I not believe Jim Hall had this in mind when he designed the 2D, having the poor driver's ass dragging the asphalt for extra grip.

No wonder when drivers say they can feel the car touching the ground, it's actually their ass.

I remember when Jeremy Clarkson was driving the Audi R8 on Top Gear. He said it was so low that his buttocks were "kissing the cats' eyes". Turns out in the Chaparral, that might literally be true! :lol:

Last edited:
Back