"Standards" the good, the bad and the ugly

• Thread starter bodger
  • 4,101 comments
ALL ABOARD THE GT7 HYPE TRAIN

image.jpg

The way I see it, the reason all the 'useless' Kei cars, relatively humdrum Japanese econoboxes and all the duplicate cars (Miatas, '03 DB9, etc.) have been made semi-premium as opposed the cars everybody wants doing is to test the waters to see whether or not they'd stack up against proper premiums in a later game.

Statistical certainty would mean that the average player wouldn't give two hoots about a 2002 Mitsubishi Colt, so its the perfect 'lab rat' to see if it could look just like a premium, barring an interior and a few features of course - which it succeeds in doing. Plus, let's not forget that PD slipped in a few premium upgrades to cars people would've forgotten about. The Evo VI TME RS is a perfect example.

It seems that PD don't want to lose the cars they've implemented, even the duplicates, and are instead slowly but surely giving them an overhaul to a respectable level (or in some cases, matching it). Big task? Most definitely, but I'd be quite happy if all the standard cars were at the level of quality the RUFs and the Superbird are. Is it a good idea? Depends on who you ask. Personally, I love a lot of the more average cars in the game; stuff like the Alfa Romeo Spider, the old A3 3.2, the Renault Megane Coupe, and so on. So I'd love to see them brought back in stunningly high detail.

But at the same time, having a bunch of 2003/2004 models that were used to advertise a game 10 years ago and having a gaping lack of cars released in between those years sticks out like a sore thumb. Also, the regional variants have to go; most of them don't even exist and were only made for brand awareness back in GT3 and 4. They aren't needed, and they won't be missed.

I don't quite remember having these cars to look like that :odd:

Or have they all been downgraded to sub-standard quality thanks to GTPSP?

They've always been like that, GTPSP had low resolution and GT5 just never gave us the opportunity to zoom in so close to standards.

Take the Supra out and the quality of the rest of the game remains the same. What's hard to understand about that? Better to have the car than not.
Yeah the rest of the game stays the same, but the car roster is now without its eyesores. GT5P, with its consistency in the quality of the models, feels much more like a quality product than GT5 or GT6 will ever be.

Do you understand the concept of quality? Because it seems very much to me that you are confusing quality with quantity.

Do you understand the concept of quality?

Do you understand the concept of car enthusiasts? I like Supras and 90's Camaros, therefore I want them in the game regardless of their level of visual quality. They look good enough to me, and I'm sure anyone over the age of 30 doesn't mind either. If you think standard cars should be deleted, why not just play Forza?

Do you understand the concept of car enthusiasts? I like Supras and 90's Camaros, therefore I want them in the game regardless of their level of visual quality. They look good enough to me, and I'm sure anyone over the age of 30 doesn't mind either.
Congratulations, you don't then.
If you think standard cars should be deleted, why not just play Forza?
Facepalm.jpg

nissan 300zx have good wheel too :)
Doesnt the 300ZX have a premium counterpart? or are you, infact, confusing one of the standard ones with the premium one?
Oh wait, there are two kinds of 300ZX.... Blame Nissan.
Why not just say that about all the Nissans that aren't duplicates semi-pre- *looks at my R92CP upclose*
Oh...

Falken RX7
21aess7.jpg

I think this has successfully managed to beat the famous Minecraft Daihatsu! :lol:

On a serious note: I don't mind standard cars but if some of them are SO bad, then I'm afraid I will have to. When I drive any of the semi-premiums, liek the RUF's, the R390 etc., I don't really notice that they're not a premium car, they're really well cleaned up. :drool: But this RX-7's wing looks worse than anything I remember seeing in GT4... 👎

I usually defend Kaz and appreciate Gran Turismo but this is totally unacceptable.

Do you understand the concept of car enthusiasts? I like Supras and 90's Camaros, therefore I want them in the game regardless of their level of visual quality. They look good enough to me, and I'm sure anyone over the age of 30 doesn't mind either. If you think standard cars should be deleted, why not just play Forza?
At least Forza is a REAL car enthusiasts game, and lets you actually experience a car in great quality in both exterior AND interior. You disgust me as a car enthusiast, who rather have cars like the Toyota Supra with such awful quality that could never be treated the same way like the premium models. Having the cars in standard form is disrespect to both the car AND its maker. Seriously, I'm very disgusted.

Forza is missing hundreds of iconic cars that GT has. Seriously. Hundreds.
It doesn't matter? What Forza is attempting do is treat its cars with the same quality for the car enthusiasts as much as possible, which is also why Forzavista exists. Sure the sacrifice on the car side had to be made, but there is a reason for it. There maybe missing those iconic cars but I'm sure there'll make a return someday. Don't want this to turn into a FM vs GT, so I'll leave it at that.

The people who would hype the game aren't because they're afraid someone will nail them for being excited about it.

I know there's stuff that can actually be hyped in GT7, I was really just poking at the concept of ugly carried-over standards on PS4, not any individual in particular...

I can handle standard cars on PS4 if they don't look ridiculously terrible.

Forza is missing hundreds of iconic cars that GT has. Seriously. Hundreds.
You could also say that GT is missing cars like the BMW E39 M5, BMW E30 M3, Ferrari F355, Ferrari F50, Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1, and so on and so on......

So tell me again how GT would be the better game for car enthusiasts.

I also don't understand why you need to bring up Forza?

You could also say that GT is missing cars like the BMW E39 M5, BMW E30 M3, Ferrari F355, Ferrari F50, Ferrari LaFerrari, McLaren P1, and so on and so on......

So tell me again how GT would be the better game for car enthusiasts.

I also don't understand why you need to bring up Forza?
GT is the only racing game series where you can drive a 1886 Benz, a streamliner, a Ford Model T, or a hot rod with a god damn tank engine :sly:

It looks like someone made it in minecraft...
I was expecting you to show a picture of some horrible standard car, i know i have to show mine pretty soon.
Which is right about now!
Look at the Glorious R92CP which i use to grind money!
az6tvBG.jpg

V9bRezM.jpg

u2810p2.jpg

Well... it prefers performance over looks!
And if there was Nissan bias, they would have atleast made 1 car in the Nismo dealership premium, let alone semi-premium.
By the way, i heard that the Escudo is semi-premium.

Last edited:
Back