Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
Yeah I hate it. It's even worse than the one at the rebel depot. I don't know how to get up there but I know about it by spawning by a partner who did it.

Yeah I hate it. It's even worse than the one at the rebel depot. I don't know how to get up there but I know about it by spawning by a partner who did it.

The one on Rebel Depot is apparently very easy to do with Boba Fett, and I think Luke can do that too with his lunge attack.

Dan
The one on Rebel Depot is apparently very easy to do with Boba Fett, and I think Luke can do that too with his lunge attack.
It is pretty easy even with regular infantry. Just jump up there from the pipes, crouch, creep and you're in. But I find it super pointless. You can barely aim at people from up there and you're fairly easy to kill. I think doing this glitch causes more harm than good to your team.

NEW BESPIN DLC TRAILER!

I'm officially on the HYPE train!

From EA Star Wars Battlfront Page

Five Multiplayer Maps set on the Cloud City of Bespin

Visit iconic locations from the movie, including the platforms, bridges and unforgettable white hallways of the Administrator’s Palace, to the dark, industrial corridors of the Carbon-Freezing Chambers. Take a few steps into the Star Wars™ Legends with the map called the Bioniip Laboratories, where cybernetics and other bio-implants were manufactured.

HEROES

A Smuggler & Bounty Hunter

Join legendary smuggler Lando Calrissian and cold-blooded bounty hunter Dengar in the Cloud City of Bespin.

VEHICLES

New Vehicle - Cloud Car

Take to the skies in the new cloud car vehicle and journey through Cloud City and the Administrator’s Palace.

GAME MODE

Sabotage

The Empire has deployed several tractor beams on the surface of Cloud City that prevents Rebel ships from escaping the planet. In order to power the tractor beams, the Empire makes use of Tibanna Gas Generators that draw from the Tibanna Gas native to Bespin.

BLASTERS

X8 Night Sniper - The X-8 Night Sniper is a blaster pistol with decent damage, cooling power, and range. It stands out due to its enhanced scope with heat vision, capable of revealing humanoids in most weather and times of day.

EE4 - The EE-4 was constructed with a short and stubby barrel to allow it to fire more effectively at a closer range with spread shots. Despite the reduction in accuracy at range, the weapon makes up for it with a greater rate of fire.

STAR CARDS

Scout Binoculars - Powerful binoculars capable of revealing enemy units to the entire team.

Shock Grenade - The shock grenade delivers a non-lethal electrical discharge, leaving anyone caught in the field incapable of moving.

Disruption - Localized disruption wave that knocks out enemy blasters, turrets, and droids.

Start your approach to Bespin today.

Last edited:
This looks amazing! I'll have to re-watch the trailer on my laptop and listen with my headphones, but I think I'm definitely purchasing this when I can. I am so hyped for the Emperor's Red Guards! Do we know anything about the Ion Disruptor star card they teased a while ago?

Dan
This looks amazing! I'll have to re-watch the trailer on my laptop and listen with my headphones, but I think I'm definitely purchasing this when I can. I am so hyped for the Emperor's Red Guards! Do we know anything about the Ion Disruptor star card they teased a while ago?
It may be available through Hutt contracts. Remember that all of what you see here is for the paid DLC. They will release other free stuff as they always do when they release a DLC. So the Ion Neutralizer might be free content.
Everything including the free content might be revealed tomorrow during EA's live stream at 10 am PDT
Can't wait! :nervous:

It may be available through Hutt contracts. Remember that all of what you see here is for the paid DLC. They will release other free stuff as they always do when they release a DLC. So the Ion Neutralizer might be free content.
Everything including the free content might be revealed tomorrow during EA's live stream at 10 am PDT
Can't wait! :nervous:

Makes sense. I can't wait for more info to drop about this expansion. The Outer Rim DLC looked fun, but I'm only interested in the Scatter Gun to be honest. I wonder how the X8 will be balanced, but I have a feeling that it will be somewhere near the DL-44, since it's a long range weapon.

However, I feel like this needs to be stated: Pistols should not be primary weapons. Yes, the ones in Battlefront are excellent on their own, but if your primary rifle overheats, you do not have reliable secondary weapons. The only secondary guns that fire more than a single shot are the Scout Pistol and Scatter Gun (Shotguns shouldn't be secondary weapons), which only have two shots. What's even more annoying is that you can't just fire one shot, then wait to use the other. No, both fire instantly. Hopefully, in the next Battlefront, they move to a traditional style of weapon inventory (Primary and secondary) and actually rely on finite ammunition, not these overheat minigames.

You know what I just realized? The Shock Grenade and Disruption star cards are going to be a pain in the ass. Hopefully, the visuals and map layout of Bespin make up for this.

Dan
Does that four-second time get affected with the upgraded card, or just the cooldown time?
No clue. I'm guessing the upgraded version is active for a couple of seconds more.

I'm excited about the scout binoculars, and if they are available for the rest of the maps, they will be extremely useful on the dark map of Endor and outpost beta on Hoth.

Dan
You know what I just realized? The Shock Grenade and Disruption star cards are going to be a pain in the ass. Hopefully, the visuals and map layout of Bespin make up for this.
Especially for people who won't buy any DLC for a game that has a base version that alreasy was way too expensive for the little content it had.

No clue. I'm guessing the upgraded version is active for a couple of seconds more.

I'm excited about the scout binoculars, and if they are available for the rest of the maps, they will be extremely useful on the dark map of Endor and outpost beta on Hoth.

IMO, Scan Pulse should've done that for everyone on your team, but maybe to balance it, the enemies would only be revealed in a snapshot of their current pose instead of highlighting them as they're moving. Anyway, I'm so glad we're finally getting something that makes me feel like I can turn the tide of the battle. Is there a limit to the number of enemies you can scan at once?

Especially for people who won't buy any DLC for a game that has a base version that alreasy was way too expensive for the little content it had.

I hate the pricing as much as everyone else, but this is the only Battlefront we have that works on current consoles, supports multiplayer, and has amazing graphics. The $50 season pass is a complete slap to the face of every Star Wars fan who bought this game. There's probably a ton of SW fans who don't play video games regularly and picked this up because it can be extremely immersive at times.

While the main characters are interesting, I've now become heavily interested in the military stories. The clone wars have so much potential, with a vast array of vehicles, weapons, armor, clone classes, battles, and many more things. The Battle of Geonosis is a perfect example of an epic fight we could have. I want to soar into battle from an LAAT, charge out with dual DC-15 or DC-17 pistols and go HAM on a squadron of battle droids while other drop ships thunder overhead and maybe a Jedi or two slice their way forward. Battlefield is famous for moments similar to this, so why shouldn't Battlefront have the same, or even more varied opportunities? I know the community was opposed to the thought of a Battlefield re-skin, but right now, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Battlefield physics aren't the best, but it's adaptable enough to have tanks, rolling transports, aerial troop transport vehicles, and aerial fighter vehicles. The infantry gameplay would work well, and star cards could still be useful. Explosive Shot could be used by battle droids against clones, and Ion Shot vice versa. Clones even had access to jump packs, which makes more sense canon-wise compared to Rebel Alliance soldiers and Imperial Stormtroopers in Battlefront 2015.

Dan
I hate the pricing as much as everyone else, but this is the only Battlefront we have that works on current consoles, supports multiplayer, and has amazing graphics. The $50 season pass is a complete slap to the face of every Star Wars fan who bought this game. There's probably a ton of SW fans who don't play video games regularly and picked this up because it can be extremely immersive at times.

While the main characters are interesting, I've now become heavily interested in the military stories. The clone wars have so much potential, with a vast array of vehicles, weapons, armor, clone classes, battles, and many more things. The Battle of Geonosis is a perfect example of an epic fight we could have. I want to soar into battle from an LAAT, charge out with dual DC-15 or DC-17 pistols and go HAM on a squadron of battle droids while other drop ships thunder overhead and maybe a Jedi or two slice their way forward. Battlefield is famous for moments similar to this, so why shouldn't Battlefront have the same, or even more varied opportunities? I know the community was opposed to the thought of a Battlefield re-skin, but right now, it doesn't sound like a bad idea. Battlefield physics aren't the best, but it's adaptable enough to have tanks, rolling transports, aerial troop transport vehicles, and aerial fighter vehicles. The infantry gameplay would work well, and star cards could still be useful. Explosive Shot could be used by battle droids against clones, and Ion Shot vice versa. Clones even had access to jump packs, which makes more sense canon-wise compared to Rebel Alliance soldiers and Imperial Stormtroopers in Battlefront 2015.

There's a project called 'Galaxy in Turmoil' confirmed to appear on steam, that wants to bring a 'real' Bettlefront to the players. Don't get me wrong, I like the dynamic gameplay of the new Battlefront, but the whole game is just nothing compared to BF II.

Regarding military stories, I highly recommend reading all five parts of 'Republic Comnando'/'Imperial Commando', written by Karen Traviss. It's the best story in the Star Wars universe IMO. 👍

There's a project called 'Galaxy in Turmoil' confirmed to appear on steam, that wants to bring a 'real' Bettlefront to the players. Don't get me wrong, I like the dynamic gameplay of the new Battlefront, but the whole game is just nothing compared to BF II.

Regarding military stories, I highly recommend reading all five parts of 'Republic Comnando'/'Imperial Commando', written by Karen Traviss. It's the best story in the Star Wars universe IMO. 👍

Yeeeeaaaahhhh, Galaxy In Turmoil won't last long. It's not approved by Disney or EA, so the devs are going to be sued into oblivion. There's a rumor that the devs are extremely toxic, too, but I don't know the validity of it.

I'll look into those books, thanks. 👍

Not a huge fan of bespin, mainly I think because the playlists make it very difficult to get the game mode you want. Also being forced to play fighter squadron is really annoying, I can't stand that game mode.

The Outer Rim DLC does the same thing though...

I actually enjoy Fighter Squadron, and they've made it a lil more interesting with all the obstacles in the way.

As far as the rest, totally digging everything so far. Well, maybe Lando would be the exception. I feel he's a little weak and I don't quite understand his play style yet but this is the first night I play, so..

The Cloud Car looks like it will be incredibly useful on some of the more open maps on Cloud City. It's like an A-10 Warthog. Slow as hell and not particularly pretty, but it can loiter and perform anti-infantry strafing runs better than any other starfighter in the game.

Dan
The Cloud Car looks like it will be incredibly useful on some of the more open maps on Cloud City. It's like an A-10 Warthog. Slow as hell and not particularly pretty, but it can loiter and perform anti-infantry strafing runs better than any other starfighter in the game.
I think that exactly will be its main use. It has no place however, on Fighter Squadron.

EDIT: In retrospect, having the Cloud Car as the sole vehicle for both side in FS would have balanced both sides and quieted down everybody complaining about imbalance on the Rebel side.

Last edited:
I think that exactly will be its main use. It has no place however, on Fighter Squadron.

That's for sure. BattlefrontUpdates posted gameplay of FS in the new zone, and the Cloud Car's lasers just fire at everything that isn't an enemy aircraft in that gamemode.

Is Traviss the Mandalorian fangirl who despises Jedi?

The Outer Rim DLC does the same thing though...

I actually enjoy Fighter Squadron, and they've made it a lil more interesting with all the obstacles in the way.

As far as the rest, totally digging everything so far. Well, maybe Lando would be the exception. I feel he's a little weak and I don't quite understand his play style yet but this is the first night I play, so..

Yeah but Outer Rim doesn't have fighter squadron. I agree about Lando, he's terrible. His gun is weaker than the average blaster, seems like a bug to be honest.

I believe DICE will buff both the sniper pistol and Lando on the next patch. At least that's what a dev said on his twitter account recently. The EE-4 on the other hand, is an absolute beast at close-medium range! I was a fan of the EE-3 for its accuracy and rate, but it lacked a little bit of punch. The EE-4, although it lacks the range, it delivers almost the equivalent power of a shotgun at medium ranges at a much faster rate. Combined with the Focus Fire card and Berserker trait, you've got yourself an addicting killing streak machine.

The disruptor card and shock grenade are also fun to use. :D

Last edited:
Yeah but Outer Rim doesn't have fighter squadron. I agree about Lando, he's terrible. His gun is weaker than the average blaster, seems like a bug to be honest.
By the way. Now you can select a specific mode from the Bespin playlist. Just select square on PS4 (not sure what it is for Xbox) just like selecting a specific map for the regular game modes :)

Dan
BAHAHAHA.

EDIT: AnarchYxNinja hit the nail on the head in regards to sniper rifles, and more importantly, the brand new X8 Night Sniper here. (Language warning)

You know, if DICE really buffs the X8, then it might become my favorite weapon. I have used it combined with the smoke grenade, disruption card, shock grenade and have gotten way more kills than with any other pistol in the game, (to the exception of the DH-17).
The smoke grenade has a CRAZY cool down rate, and the sniper pistol obviously let's you see through the smoke. The disrupter and shock grenade go almost hand in hand and it gives me plenty of time to finish off enemies with the X8.
If it had the same power as the DL-44, then I would never change it.

You know, if DICE really buffs the X8, then it might become my favorite weapon. I have used it combined with the smoke grenade, disruption card, shock grenade and have gotten way more kills than with any other pistol in the game, (to the exception of the DH-17).
The smoke grenade has a CRAZY cool down rate, and the sniper pistol obviously let's you see through the smoke. The disrupter and shock grenade go almost hand in hand and it gives me plenty of time to finish off enemies with the X8.
If it had the same power as the DL-44, then I would never change it.

I haven't played yet (No season pass or plugged in console), but the long-range weapons are almost useless in Battlefront because they aren't hitscan. Yes, the travel time is accurate to the movies, but it's so difficult the further away your target is. As far as I'm aware, the Pulse Cannon has a ridiculously fast muzzle velocity instead of being hitscan. The X8 could benefit from a damage increase alongside a travel time decrease. I was going to say if it was a three-shot weapon across all ranges like a T-21, then it would be useful, but I completely agree that it should be doing DL-44 damage.

Bought the Bespin DLC yesterday and have been playing it for an hour or two. I love the setting, as it's more of an urban scene than most of the other maps. Dengar is an absolute tank if you can find your way into CQC; Lando's not relly my style, kind of a supportive role. I think the X-8 is more of a ranged pistol, at least from what I've heard, so I'll have to try that out, and that's probably why Lando doesn't suit me. Sabotage is an O.K. game mode, I'm really just playing it for the Hutt Contracts. The ahock grenade is kind of annoying, but not horrible, but the disruption crd/ability is HORRIBLE! It's the ultimate weapon for players that can't aim. Not gonna win? I'll just shut down your ability to kill me. Absolutly vod awful.

However, to the guy that changed the bowcaster from firing a horizontal spred to a group of five shots similar to a shotgun, YOU DA REAL MVP!

Bought the Bespin DLC yesterday and have been playing it for an hour or two. I love the setting, as it's more of an urban scene than most of the other maps. Dengar is an absolute tank if you can find your way into CQC; Lando's not relly my style, kind of a supportive role. I think the X-8 is more of a ranged pistol, at least from what I've heard, so I'll have to try that out, and that's probably why Lando doesn't suit me. Sabotage is an O.K. game mode, I'm really just playing it for the Hutt Contracts. The ahock grenade is kind of annoying, but not horrible, but the disruption crd/ability is HORRIBLE! It's the ultimate weapon for players that can't aim. Not gonna win? I'll just shut down your ability to kill me. Absolutly vod awful.

However, to the guy that changed the bowcaster from firing a horizontal spred to a group of five shots similar to a shotgun, YOU DA REAL MVP!

The disruption card can be - and is already being - countered by plenty of weapon cards (scatter gun, scout pistol, Cycler rifle etc). I mainly use it to give myself a laugh. I'm pretty good aiming, but I crack up every time I see someone coming with their explosive shot ready to blast me and I surprise them with disruption card, then I use the shock grenade right after before I emote in front of them. It's really a ball buster card :lol:

Back