Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
This is what happens when you have one above-average player fight against an extremely incompetent team:

I think he's more than one above average. He's got a great aim wich you need when playing this guy or Boba Fett. I hope he doesn't get nerfed like Boba did.

Has anyone used the Bowcaster lately? I haven't unlocked it yet, but I want to know if it's useful at all. If I had the Outer Rim DLC (EA, their pricing, and willingness to divide the dwindling playerbase can **** off forever), I would be very interested in going for a triple shotgun loadout. CA-87 as the primary with a Focus Fire charge card, Scatter Gun as a secondary for destroying droids or blasting through shields, and the Bowcaster as a tertiary for wide-range explosive kills.

Dan
Has anyone used the Bowcaster lately? I haven't unlocked it yet, but I want to know if it's useful at all. If I had the Outer Rim DLC (EA, their pricing, and willingness to divide the dwindling playerbase can **** off forever), I would be very interested in going for a triple shotgun loadout. CA-87 as the primary with a Focus Fire charge card, Scatter Gun as a secondary for destroying droids or blasting through shields, and the Bowcaster as a tertiary for wide-range explosive kills.

Anything beyond what a Stormtrooper can hit, and it's about as usefull as Ion Shot on an infantry soldier.I was using it a bit today to see if I could get Boba Fett for the diarama, and I didn't have that much success. Extreme close quarters is all you'll be using it in. Don't both ADSing with it, and it does require charging up to fire a full shot, so it's decent if you know someone's coming around a corner. Maybe pair it with the Scan Pulse?

Bought the Ion Grenade after hearing @Dan's success with it. I absolutly love the thing! No more annoying infantry turrets!

One last thing, like I said, I'm trying to get a kill with every weapon and using all the cards to get Fett, but I'm stuck on 29/30 with kills for everything, and all star cards unlocked, except for the Homing Shot, although I have six kills with it. Do I have to have it personally unlocked to get it to count?

Anything beyond what a Stormtrooper can hit, and it's about as usefull as Ion Shot on an infantry soldier.I was using it a bit today to see if I could get Boba Fett for the diarama, and I didn't have that much success. Extreme close quarters is all you'll be using it in. Don't both ADSing with it, and it does require charging up to fire a full shot, so it's decent if you know someone's coming around a corner. Maybe pair it with the Scan Pulse?

Bought the Ion Grenade after hearing @Dan's success with it. I absolutly love the thing! No more annoying infantry turrets!

One last thing, like I said, I'm trying to get a kill with every weapon and using all the cards to get Fett, but I'm stuck on 29/30 with kills for everything, and all star cards unlocked, except for the Homing Shot, although I have six kills with it. Do I have to have it personally unlocked to get it to count?

I always use Scan Pulse, so I'll give it a shot in the future. I'm still in the process of repainting my room, so the PS4 and all necessary cables that go to the TV are stored away for now. Also, it wasn't me using the Ion Grenade. That was @OZZYGT. :lol: I have no idea about the dioramas, so I can't help you. Sorry. :/

A bit unrelated, but I would love to start my own YouTube channel and trying hero/villain-inspired loadouts. Keep in mind that I haven't had time to test the strengths and weaknesses of these loadouts, and I can't fully recommend them to any of you.
Boba Fett:
EE-3, Jump Pack, Homing Shot (Mimicking Boba's rocket, except with a lock-on capability which his originally had), and probably the Bodyguard trait. There isn't a flamethrower star card, and I don't think a Scatter Gun would be the right replacement.

Han Solo:
DL-44, Cooling Cell (There isn't any equivalent to Han's rapid-fire ability), Homing Shot (Mimicking Han's Lucky Shot), and Bodyguard. There isn't a star card that works like Han's sprint attack, and he only has two abilities tied to his blaster. The DL-44 can fire nine shots until it overheats, but with an upgraded Cooling Cell, you can fire much more than that.

Leia:
E-11, Bacta Bomb (When it comes out), Personal Shield (Closest thing to a Squad Shield, since we can't spawn with them), and Survivalist Trait. Leia is the best support Hero in the game. She deploys Squad Shields to protect friendly troops and Honor Guards. In Heroes Vs Villains, she can spawn health tokens for wounded heroes, and in regular gamemodes, provide powerups to infantry. The idea with this loadout is to heal your teammates while defending objectives.

Greedo:
DT-12, Dioxis Grenade, Thermal Detonator, Scan Pulse, and either the Bounty Hunter or Berserker trait. Both traits suit Greedo's intended play style. The more reckless he is, the more powerful he becomes, and he also has a wide variety of thrown weapons which are unlocked after each kill. The Berserker trait would probably be more useful than Bounty Hunter, because you aren't guaranteed Thermal Imploders every time. Plus, just about everyone hates the Blaster Cannon.

This post took me a lot longer to make than I expected, since I had to keep looking up the traits and star cards currently available, and watch a lengthy youtube video. Hopefully you guys appreciate my ideas.

Dan
The bowcaster used to be a OHK when fully charged. However now that it's been severely nerfed it's basically useless. Same thing with the homing shot, not only the lock-on time was increased, but the missile speed decreased. People complaining about OP weapons completely take the fun out of the game. Let's not even get into the Boba Fett nerf...

A lot of people are complaining now about the Berserker trait on reddit, but I for one like it a lot. It's also a hit and miss with it, as it gives away your location (Scout trait FTW). So i guess people trying it out and still getting owned are the ones who complain the most. If DICE nerfs it then nobody will ever use it again and go back to Scout.

The bowcaster used to be a OHK when fully charged. However now that it's been severely nerfed it's basically useless. Same thing with the homing shot, not only the lock-on time was increased, but the missile speed decreased. People complaining about OP weapons completely take the fun out of the game. Let's not even get into the Boba Fett nerf...

A lot of people are complaining now about the Berserker trait on reddit, but I for one like it a lot. It's also a hit and miss with it, as it gives away your location (Scout trait FTW). So i guess people trying it out and still getting owned are the ones who complain the most. If DICE nerfs it then nobody will ever use it again and go back to Scout.

To be honest, Jumpcasters and people using Homing Shot like a shotgun were ruining the game. If the Bowcaster was a powerup that could only be found on the Battlefield and had the same power like it used to, then I would be fine with it, since people couldn't use it like a primary weapon. As for Homing Shot, I'm glad it received a nerf. Wide open maps without cover were a total nightmare *cough* HOTH *cough*, but Honor Guards and Shock Troopers should have the original lock-on and firing speed. It used to be a real noob weapon since there wasn't any skill in using it. Some will argue that it still doesn't require skill, but now you need to pick your targets carefully. Ones that won't go behind cover, strategic targets like a Hero/Villain, or a sniper destroying your team.

Berserker gives a huge advantage to good players, and will be tricky for players who have negative K/D's. Berserker is interesting because you do more damage by having less health, and it forces your health to stay low for a longer period of time. DICE probably thought this would be a good way of balancing it, by letting players get killed more easily if they have it equipped. However, it lets you deal more damage for much longer by stopping your health regeneration. By the way, I have seen your name pop up in threads on r/StarWarsBattlefront from time to time. :lol: I don't have an account there, but I'm considering it.

I've finally started using first person view, after nearly 200 hours of 3rd. No doubt it puts you at a slight disadvantage but it's so much more immersive and intense. It almost feels like a different game in some ways, very refreshing.

Hey guys, some info about May 4th from EA's official site:

EA
Log-In Reward – For one day only, players who log into Star Wars Battlefront will receive 4,444 credits to use on blasters, Star Cards, or the latest Hutt Contract.

New Hutt Contract – Jabba the Hutt has a new challenge waiting for all Star Wars Battlefront players on May the 4th! Spend 3500 to 8000 credits and complete bounties to unlock the powerful Bacta Bomb Star Card which provides a health boost to you and your allies.

Origin Free Trial – If you haven’t given Star Wars Battlefront a try, the Origin team is hooking you up! Starting May 4 at 11 a.m. PT, players can visit Origin.com to try the game for four hours for free and experience the different maps, game modes and missions the base game has to offer. This does not include Outer Rim or future expansion content.

http://www.ea.com/news/celebrate-may-the-4th-with-star-wars-and-ea

I can't wait to use the Bacta Bomb! I'm not that great at getting kills, but I hope that the Bacta Bomb will let me help the team in close-quarters objectives.

I posted this on a video where a new player seemed to be struggling to get kills with the E-11. Most of you probably know these tips to begin with, but I'll leave this here in case anyone needs some advice.

1: Always keep your crosshairs where you expect your enemy's torso will be. The torso has a larger area to guarantee your shots will hit. Also, you can react more quickly if it's already level with the enemy, instead of bringing it to their level if it's pointing above their head or on the ground.

2: When going around corridors, always keep your crosshair pointed at the center of the corner. If an enemy rounds the corner, you'll be able to snap towards them more quickly. While running across open areas, point where enemies can come out of, not at a wall.

3: Don't zoom in unless you are engaging enemies at a longer distance. There is zero accuracy penalty in this game for hipfiring (Holding down the fire button instead of aiming). Zooming in/aiming with the left trigger slows your movement speed and aiming sensitivity considerably. You won't be able to strafe left or right, or react quickly if the enemy moves faster than you in a close-quarters gunfight.

4: Imperial players will often try to confuse Rebel players by using helmetless Stormtroopers on Hoth. This is a very cheap tactic which I do not advise, especially since Stormtroopers would never be allowed to remove their helmets in combat. Anyway, always be aware of these sneaky players. If you run across someone that *looks* like a teammate, but you aren't 100% certain, look at your minimap and point your crosshair at them. If there aren't any blue dots indicating friendly players or their name appears in red, open fire!

5: Never stand near proximity mines, especially ones placed by your teammates. If an enemy spots one and shoots it, they will kill you and potentially your team as well. Once you place yours, stay away from it. The explosion radius is *deceptively* large and can kill players who jump pack as soon as they hear the detonation alarm.

Also, can we talk about T-47 Airspeeders? It is so unfair to the Imperial side if the Rebels don't do anything on Walker Assault, and can destroy the AT-AT instantly on the last Uplink. In my opinion, you only deserve to get the tow cable attached if your team has wiped out more than half of the AT-AT's health. Matthew Serna might not be for everyone, but you can't deny that he is awesome at Battlefront. He wrecked the Rebel team as Greedo, yet he still lost because of the T-47 pilots.

(Language warning)

I thought you could use the tow cable on an A-AT even on the first uplink phase? The other day our team lost because some speeders brought down the walkers within the first 7 minutes of the game.

I thought you could use the tow cable on an A-AT even on the first uplink phase? The other day our team lost because some speeders brought down the walkers within the first 7 minutes of the game.

I remember someone showing a map of all the star fighter spawn locations and T-47s only appear on the third phase. It is totally possible to destroy an AT-AT (or both) on the first phase if you have enough Y-Wings locked in and your whole team is attacking. I'll try to find a video.

Ahh so then the walkers were actually destroyed by firepower. Holy crap I guess quite a few rebels had ion weapons at the right time! And yeah maybe they had the uplinks activated for the whole time.

Ahh so then the walkers were actually destroyed by firepower. Holy crap I guess quite a few rebels had ion weapons at the right time! And yeah maybe they had the uplinks activated for the whole time.

Yep. I think they had maybe 10 or more Y-Wings called in.

@OZZYGT Found the video! I can't tell if the Rebel team is awesome at defending, the Imperial team sucks at walking forwards and shooting, or both. Anyway, this is an insanely fast takedown on Jundland Wastes. I've never seen so much coordination on the Rebel side to take out TWO AT-ATs at once. Language warning: text chat is a little toxic.

The quickest I think I've seen them go down was on the Outpost Beta map, on the second set. If you don't have them heavily damaged by then, you're going to need a lot of luck to take them down on the third. That place is like a shooting gallary for the Impirials.

The quickest I think I've seen them go down was on the Outpost Beta map, on the second set. If you don't have them heavily damaged by then, you're going to need a lot of luck to take them down on the third. That place is like a shooting gallary for the Impirials.

If the AT-AT still has 70% health at the third uplink, you might as well rack up as many kills that you can, since you have no way of winning.

Dan
@OZZYGT Found the video! I can't tell if the Rebel team is awesome at defending, the Imperial team sucks at walking forwards and shooting, or both. Anyway, this is an insanely fast takedown on Jundland Wastes. I've never seen so much coordination on the Rebel side to take out TWO AT-ATs at once. Language warning: text chat is a little toxic.

I was gonna say that was the game I lost until I saw that it was on PC :D.
Interesting to see the player in the video didn't even have an anti-vehicle load out available. You always wanna carry an ion-anything as a rebel on WA or Supremacy.

This is a video of me throwing an ion grenade at one of the walkers. I think I took it down but I'm not 100% sure. Either way, ion weapons are underrated on this game.

I was gonna say that was the game I lost until I saw that it was on PC :D.
Interesting to see the player in the video didn't even have an anti-vehicle load out available. You always wanna carry an ion-anything as a rebel on WA or Supremacy.

This is a video of me throwing an ion grenade at one of the walkers. I think I took it down but I'm not 100% sure. Either way, ion weapons are underrated on this game.

I've tried an Engineer-style loadout with the RT-97C, Ion Shot, and Ion Torpedo, but I was very discouraged after getting killed before I could be useful to the team. Partner spawning, and respawn distances are too broken right now. I chose the RT-97C because it can put down more shots than any other blaster before overheating. If all of those are ion-charged, then it'll be a huge benefit to my team. Accuracy isn't a huge deal since the AT-ATs are massive targets. You have to try really hard to miss them. However, the RT-97C sucks against infantry right now unless you're at point-blank range. It could definitely use more accuracy and damage, along with the DLT-19. I've seen gameplay of the beta DLT-19 and it seemed like an amazing weapon to use at the time. Now, it's useless against E-11s and A280Cs.

A new patch was released by DICE today. For those who experienced some of the issues below, this patch may make your gameplay even better.

From the EA Star Wars Battlefront website:

Below are the patch notes specific to PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One for the May client update.

General:
  • Added a system which allow players to see if an enemy currently has a charge card active by adding an icon above the enemies’ health bar.
  • PC: Made it so that combat roll triggers on press, and not on release.
  • PC: Pressing enter will now open the chat channel.
  • Vehicles: Resolved an issue which would make players invincible after attempting to enter a vehicle.
  • Vehicles: A timer has been added to Imperials exiting vehicles. Before they could instantly leave certain vehicles.
  • Vehicles: Increased the time to enter a speeder bike from 0.3 to 0.5s.
  • Combat Roll: Performing a melee attack at the same time as a combat roll will no longer break the animation.
  • Combat Roll: Resolved an issue in which players couldn’t see another player performing a combat roll.
  • Combat Roll: There’s now a 1.5s cooldown.
  • Deluxe Edition: Resolved an issue in which the upgraded version of Ion Torpedo was awarded instead of the regular version.
  • General: Various tweaks to the auto balance and matchmaking systems.
  • General: Updated various error messages used in game.
  • General: Updated the localization to resolve various text bugs.
  • General: Resolved various clipping issues.

Stability:
  • Disconnect: Fixed an issue in which players were getting disconnected after observing another players profile in the social hub while playing In game.
  • Disconnect: Pressing the up arrow in the private match lobby would cause players to disconnect to the menu if they hadn't visited the game modes screen.
  • Crash: The player will no longer crash when observing the Shadow Trooper diorama figurine.
  • Crash: Resolved a rare crash issue which could occur if a player joined another server while waiting in the in-game lobby.
  • Crash: Resolved a crash issue which could occur when reaching max rank and getting to the End of Round screen.

UI:
  • UI: The issue with score and credits being displayed as 0 = 0, has been resolved. Now the correct amount of score and credits obtained will now be displayed in the End of Round flow.
  • UI: Resolved an issue which would occur when a player is Rank 60, but the End of Round flow would display the rank as 59.This also resolves other various desync issues with stats.
  • UI: Soldiers heads aren’t obstructed anymore in the appearance menu by the unlock price.
  • UI: Removed a blur effect that was present over the soldier in the deployment screen on certain levels.
  • UI: The kill card will now show which trait card the enemy currently has equipped.

Weapons & Star Cards
  • Personal Shield: Players can now use the shield at the same time as the Jump pack.
  • Personal Shield: Players can now swap weapons at the same time as the shield is active.
  • Charge Cards: The duration timer would be decreased by half when standing close to the shipment in the game mode Extraction. Now it's only the charge card cooldown that is decreased by half when standing close to the shipment.
  • Dioxis Grenade: Added a new scoring event for when you deal damage.
  • Dioxis Grenade: Now the player will not be able to inflict self-damage when throwing a Dioxis Grenade next to a vehicle and then entering it.
  • Dioxis Grenade: Increased the inner radius from 3 to 4m.
  • Dioxis Grenade: Increased damage ticks. Increased inner radius damage from 6 to 7. Outer radius damage increased from 4 to 5. A total of 12 health will be dealt each tick when standing in the inner radius.
  • DLT-19X: Removed a moment penalty that would occur when zooming in.
  • DT-12: Raised rate of fire from 180 to 220.
  • Relby-V10: Raised max damage from 24 to 25.
  • RT-97C: Lowered weapon sway, Min 0.25 to 0.2, Max 2 to 1.5.
  • Blaster Cannon: Increased inner explosion radius from 1 to 1.5m and the outer explosion radius from 1.5 to 2.5m.
  • Blaster Cannon: Increased explosion damage from 25 to 34.
  • Active Cooling: Made the fields slightly wider to make it easier even on the harder levels
  • Ion Detonator: Will explode on impact instead of after a delay.
  • Ion Detonator: Lowered inner explosion radius from 6 to 2m and the outer explosion radius from 7 to 4m.
  • Ion Detonator: Lowered the damage multiplier towards soldiers from 0.5X to 0.4X.

Heroes:
  • UI: Hostile orbital strikes will no longer appear in the blue color while playing as a hero. Now a red color is used.
  • Darth Vader: Players killed by Darth Vader’s deflection will now correctly see his image in the kill card.
  • Darth Vader: Players who are currently being choked will not be able to interact with ingame objects, such as uplinks.
  • Darth Vader: Increased the damage output on Darth Vader’s Force Choke ability. It also now removes the effect of Adrenaline Stim.
  • Leia: Trooper Bane ability will now pass through shields.
  • Greedo & Nien Nunb: Other players are now unable to spawn on them when they are being attacked.
  • Greedo: Resolved an issue in the UI for the confidence ability which didn't update correctly once the confidence decreases.
  • Greedo: Changed Confidence 1 damage multiplier from 1.4 to 1.3. Confidence 2 damage multiplier from 1.9 to 1.7. Confidence 3 damage multiplier from 2.8 to 2.4
  • Nien Nunb: Increased Proximity mine cooldown from 8 to 9s
  • Nien Nunb: Decreased Rapid Pulse Canon damage multiplier to AT-AT from 150% to 100%
  • Nien Nunb: Increased turret Lock Time from 0.8 to 1
  • Nien Nunb: Increased Turret Unlocking Time from 0.2 to 0.25
  • Nien Nunb: Decreased Augmented Turret damage from 22 to 20
  • Nien Nunb: Decreased Turret damage from 15 to 14
  • Luke: Increased Health from 925 to 1050
  • Luke: Increased Blocking time from 4 to 6s

Game Modes:
  • Outer Rim: Increased the frequency of Extraction being played in the Outer Rim playlist from 50% to 75%. Two rounds of Extraction will now be played every other round.
  • Hero Hunt: Resolved the issues which allowed there to be two heroes at the same time.
  • Hero Hunt: Resolved a rare issue in which the interface would not appear after spawning in as a Hero in Hero Hunt.
  • Hero Hunt: Removed the hero selection wheel. Now only showing the score and appointing the top damage dealer to become the next hero.
  • Heroes Vs Villains: Decreased rounds required to win from 5 to 3 rounds if played in the Outer Rim playlist
  • Heroes Vs Villains: Decreased time until first round starts from 60 to 30 seconds
  • Heroes Vs Villains: Decreased time between round end and next one begins from 30 to 10 seconds
  • Fighter Squadron: Resolved an issue in which you could spawn in to a different vehicle type in Fighter Squadron if you deploy in exactly at the same moment as another player does it on the opposite team.
  • Cargo: Decreased time limit from 15 to 10 minutes if played in the Outer Rim playlist
  • Power-ups: Fixed various issues with Power-ups being unreachable or blocked by the Environment.
  • Spawns: Fixed player spawns across all modes on Ice Caves & Swamp Crash Site.
  • Walker Assault: AT-AT health tweaks
    Sullust 31000 to 35000 = +12% Increase
    Jakku 35000 to 50000 = +30% Increase
    Hoth 30000 to 40000 = +30% Increase
    Endor 60000 to 80000 = +30% Increase
    Tatooine 33000 to 40000 = +20% Increase

Stats & Progression:
  • Stats: Resolved an issue in which players didn't get any stats after completing rounds of Hero Hunt in certain instances.
  • Stats: Players should be able to observe all unlocked diorama figurines correctly when looking at another players profile in the social hub. Before only multiplayer based figurines would appear unlocked.
  • Hutt Contracts: Some descriptions and criteria have been made clearer.
  • Hutt Contracts: Updated the Criteria for DT-12, Relby-V10, and Scatter Gun to not require 15 kills in a round but rather 15 kills in total.
  • Hutt Contracts: Unlocks obtained during a game round will now become instantly available and will not require the player to leave the server to access them.
  • Diorama: Greedo Diorama criteria has been updated and now requires 7 unlocks. All players who have completed the 7 criteria pre-patch will have the diorama figurine automatically unlock next time they play and finish a round of multiplayer.
  • Accomplishments: Changed the required amount of kills for the various weapon related accomplishment streaks from 10 kills to 7 kills.
  • Scoring: Changed the term "Killstreak bonus" to "Combat Streak"
  • Scoring: Increased various objective based scoring events and decreased various combat oriented scoring events.
Post edited by Sledgehammer70 at 12:41PM
Thanks
Sledgehammer70
Star Wars Battlefront Community Manager
Flag Quote

• Sledgehammer70

609 POSTS COMMUNITY MANAGER
    May 3, 2016 3:54AM

Developer Comments:
    • Vehicles: Resolved an issue which would make players invincible after attempting to enter a vehicle.
    This occurred after we deployed an update that protects a soldier from being killed at the end of the call-in sequence and they have moved into their vehicle. If the sequence fails there wasn’t a signal sent back to remove this protection.
    • Personal Shield: Players can now use the shield at the same time as the Jump pack.
    • Personal Shield: Players can now swap weapons at the same time as the shield is active.
    These were unintended effects of some changes we made to the core behavior of the shields. Switching weapons and using the jump pack should absolutely be possible. We are also listening to feedback regarding the charged cards as a whole, and have for the coming Bespin update implement a mean to actively turn the card off. This means you can manually disable your Charge card to push it into cooldown sooner, if no one is around you or you need to fire regular blaster bolts rather than Ion.
    • Dioxis Grenade: Added a new scoring event for when you deal damage.
    • Dioxis Grenade: Increased the inner radius from 3 to 4m.
    • Dioxis Grenade: Increased damage ticks. Increased inner radius damage from 6 to 7. Outer radius damage increased from 4 to 5. A total of 12 health will be dealt each tick when standing in the inner radius.
    Overall we were immensely satisfied with the results of the Dioxis grenade, and how the weapon became a denial weapon rather than simply another way to quickly dispatch enemies. With that said, we agree that the weapon was somewhat lacking and the above changes were made with this mind. Again it’s not to make it an exceptionally lethal weapon, but it will cause some more harm as well as rewarding you with points for damaging soldiers who are inside the gas field.
    • DLT-19X: Removed a moment penalty that would occur when zooming in.
    • Active Cooling: Made the fields slightly wider to make it easier even on the harder levels
    The DLT-19X is a widely discussed weapon. When we designed the weapon we were aware that it was not going to be a weapon that would be for everyone. There were however points of valuable feedback that we felt was important to take into account. Firstly, since the weapon overheats with each blast, the Cooling Flush skill game have been tweaked slightly to lower the difficult level on the two highest levels. Lastly, being closer to a sharpshooter rifle, the DLT-19X initially received a movement penalty even when zooming. In hindsight this didn’t feel in line with how all of our other blasters are built, so we opted to remove it. The challenge is already quite high with the weapon, so it should be as reliable as you’d expect from similar weapons, such as a T-21B.
    • Ion Detonator: Will explode on impact instead of after a delay.
    • Ion Detonator: Lowered inner explosion radius from 6 to 2m and the outer explosion radius from 7 to 4m.
    • Ion Detonator: Lowered the damage multiplier towards soldiers from 0.5X to 0.4X.
    This started as a fix where the Ion Grenade wouldn’t hit the Shipments Squad shield though we researched its behavior further. Initially it was built as a grenade that reacts to vehicles, droids and gadgets and then explode on the ground a few second later if it wasn’t triggered. As our core combat loop rarely see the Ion Grenade being used as a mine, we reworked it slightly to explode on impact. It’s effectiveness against vehicles and droids is unchanged, but it can now also be used more reliably against soldiers if needed. It’s naturally not as effective as regular grenades, but now it provides more versatility than before.
    • Combat Roll: There’s now a 1.5s cooldown.
    This was actually a bug and the 1.5 seconds is the intended gameplay. We’re looking at adding a visual cooldown to know when your combat roll is available.
    • Luke: Increased Health from 925 to 1050
    • Luke: Increased Blocking time from 4 to 6s
    We’re happy with the speed changes to Luke, and the nerf brought him down to the same level as other heroes. He was a little bit low though so we increased his health but also wanted some skill to be involved in his survival and brought up his blocking between the original value and Darth Vader’s.
    • Greedo: Changed Confidence 1 damage multiplier from 1.4 to 1.3. Confidence 2 damage multiplier from 1.9 to 1.7. Confidence 3 damage multiplier from 2.8 to 2.4
    Greedo’s not in a bad spot but he became too powerful against heroes when gaining confidence. This change should make him more balanced and bring him to average numbers.
    Keep in mind this bug fix : “Greedo’s confidence levels cooldown’s would not reset properly on a kill, only on non-lethal damage.” It now properly reset on every hit, lethal or not. Which by fixing intended Gameplay, buffs Greedo.
    • Nien Nunb: Increased Proximity mine cooldown from 8 to 9s
    • Nien Nunb: Decreased Rapid Pulse Canon damage multiplier to AT-AT from 150% to 100%
    • Nien Nunb: Increased turret Lock Time from 0.8 to 1
    • Nien Nunb: Increased Turret Unlocking Time from 0.2 to 0.25
    • Nien Nunb: Decreased Augmented Turret damage from 22 to 20
    • Nien Nunb: Decreased Turret damage from 15 to 14
    Nien Nunb could really punish an AT-AT if left alone, so we’re taking down the damage multiplier to 100%.His Turret was also too powerful, so we’re changing locking times and damage to give more chance to escape it and stay alive. The change should bring him down closer to other heroes, we will monitor the result and see where he stands for next patch.
    • Outer Rim: Increased the frequency of Extraction being played in the Outer Rim playlist from 50% to 75%. Two rounds of Extraction will now be played every other round.
    • Heroes Vs Villains: Decreased rounds required to win from 5 to 3 rounds if played in the Outer Rim playlist
    • Cargo: Decreased time limit from 15 to 10 minutes if played in the Outer Rim playlist
    We're noticing high activity for the Outer Rim playlist with healthy matchmaking across all regions. However, we are seeing a trend where players tend to abandon a playlist most frequently during games of Heroes vs Villains, with Extraction games being the least frequently abandoned by players. As a result, we have upped the frequency of Extraction games being featured in the playlist while tweaking the end conditions of other game modes in the Outer Rim to further decrease the waiting time between Extraction games.
    • Hero Hunt: Removed the hero selection wheel. Now only showing the score and appointing the top damage dealer to become the next hero.
    We like the excitement provided by the hero selection wheel, but agreed with the feedback that players felt extremely frustrated from not getting picked as the hero despite having the highest chance on multiple occasions. This change should retain the excitement of the selection process while ensuring the game mode still fairly rewards the player that does the most damage to the heroes.

Apparently, Fighter Squadron is still unbalanced, Outer Rim playlists still have their issues, and you can't pick the same character immediately after someone else chose them in Hero Hunt (Ex: The first player chose Vader. You kill them. Now it's your turn, but you're not allowed to pick Vader). I would've preferred if the DLT-19 had better accuracy and damage, the DLT-19X was a two-shot weapon, and the DL-44 dealt slightly less damage while having a high ROF, but I'm glad they fixed bigger issues with the game. You could see these problems in most of Matthew Serna's videos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This guy shot a Stormtrooper so hard with the Pulse Cannon, the Stromtrooper got launched onto the GR-75 on Dune Sea Exchange. The rest of the video is great, too. I didn't think it was possible to play with the T-21B in such an aggressive style until now.

Last edited:
Dan
This guy shot a Stormtrooper so hard with the Pulse Cannon, the Stromtrooper got launched onto the GR-75 on Dune Sea Exchange. The rest of the video is great, too. I didn't think it was possible to play with the T-21B in such an aggressive style until now.

Oh yeah, the rag doll physics on this game never cease to amuse :D

Love the Berserker trait. The T-21B with Beserker is basically a two hit kill at most ranges. When I get to level three, the DH-17 is deadly too.

I'm not too upset with Fighter Squadron still being unbalanced as I hardly play that mode. Overall I think this is the best patch they've released yet. Granted, the game is still not perfect, and there will always be little things hard core gamers will complaint about, but I honestly am having more fun with this game than any other I've bought for the PS4 so far. I'm glad Luke got buffed a bit, the ion grenade explodes on impact with infantry and the invincibility glitch is gone.

I wonder what 'activities' we'll see tomorrow from DICE.

Oh yeah, the rag doll physics on this game never cease to amuse :D

Love the Berserker trait. The T-21B with Beserker is basically a two hit kill at most ranges. When I get to level three, the DH-17 is deadly too.

I'm not too upset with Fighter Squadron still being unbalanced as I hardly play that mode. Overall I think this is the best patch they've released yet. Granted, the game is still not perfect, and there will always be little things hard core gamers will complaint about, but I honestly am having more fun with this game than any other I've bought for the PS4 so far. I'm glad Luke got buffed a bit, the ion grenade explodes on impact with infantry and the invincibility glitch is gone.

I wonder what 'activities' we'll see tomorrow from DICE.

For a while, almost no one wanted to be Luke. Yes, he can move faster and jump higher than Vader, but he was pathetically weak against infantry using explosive shot.

Since the DT-12's ROF got buffed, it looks like a viable gun to use now. Before, it was treated as a peashooter, unless it was wielded by Greedo.

Another thought I just had, I wonder if Han Solo's Lucky Shot can still lock onto TIE Fighters. Yes, that can happen. In large game modes like Walker Assault, Imperial air defense is almost useless except for shooting down T-47s on the third uplink. Close air support is always appreciated, but starfighters are facing stiff competition from Ion Torpedoes, AT-ST blasters and missiles, turbolaser emplacements, and the Ion Neutralizer coming soon.

Finally, I heard that you only need two people to initiate a private match! Hopefully, we can explore maps on our own, and have instant action against bots.

I completely forgot they were giving out free credits today. :ouch: Wish I had my TV and PS4 plugged in, and that you could get the credits if you log in once during the weekend.

Yeah they should have done that for longer than a day. Overall I was disappointing with the 'May the Fourth be With You' activities EA said they were having. It was just the bacta bomb contract....

This would have been a great opportunity to release the Mos Eisley map, or new heroes at least.

Browsing r/StarWarsBattlefront when I come across @OZZYGT absolutely destroy an attention whore posting staged videos to get publicity. :lol:

Haha! I hate people like that! I really wasn't gonna post anything else but after he went ahead and tried argue his lie, I had to expose him lol.

This is always gonna happen though, I should just let kids be kids lol.

Btw, have you had any server issues lately? I'm getting kicked out of games left and right today

Haha! I hate people like that! I really wasn't gonna post anything else but after he went ahead and tried argue his lie, I had to expose him lol.

This is always gonna happen though, I should just let kids be kids lol.

Btw, have you had any server issues lately? I'm getting kicked out of games left and right today

Haven't used my PS4 in a few weeks. I'll probably plug it back in tomorrow. I really want to get the Bacta Bomb so I can feel like I'm actually helping my team. :lol:

Back