Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
Dan
Haven't used my PS4 in a few weeks. I'll probably plug it back in tomorrow. I really want to get the Bacta Bomb so I can feel like I'm actually helping my team. :lol:
Bacta bomb is great. I use it all the time now. I don't abuse it by pairing it with the Stim card and Berserker though. I rather use the personal shield now that you are able to use the jump pack with it.

I read on IGN today that a planned Star Wars Battlefront sequel is coming out next year. Sucks for people who bought the DLC, that's like being asked to buy 3 (maybe 4 if including the probably DLC of the sequel) Battlefront games in just a couple years.

I read on IGN today that a planned Star Wars Battlefront sequel is coming out next year. Sucks for people who bought the DLC, that's like being asked to buy 3 (maybe 4 if including the probably DLC of the sequel) Battlefront games in just a couple years.
Since they said late next year, it will definitely be released along Episode VIII which is due by Decemeber '17 to rack up the sales (duh!)
The way I see it, the DLC (Bespin) #2 = this summer, DLC (Death Star) #3 = this fall, DLC (Rogue One) #4 = January just after release of movie, then Battlefront 2 = late 2017.

If the above is how EA/DICE plan to release content, then I don't have a problem with it since it gives me plenty of time to enjoy the game. I already put close to 250 hrs in the game (not proud lol) and I can't wait for more content.

I hope we can play as either First Order Stormtroopers or clones. I absolutely love the new helmet and armor designs, but with the clones, you have countless options for customization.

Dan
I hope we can play as either First Order Stormtroopers or clones. I absolutely love the new helmet and armor designs, but with the clones, you have countless options for customization.
Yep! Plenty of content for them to make it a diverse game. (Please EA/DICE don't mess this up. Give us a respectable campaign mode too!)

BTW, I know you have not bought the season pass, but this weekend is a good opportunity to try it for free!

Just don't forget :P

Yep! Plenty of content for them to make it a diverse game. (Please EA/DICE don't mess this up. Give us a respectable campaign mode too!)

BTW, I know you have not bought the season pass, but this weekend is a good opportunity to try it for free!

Just don't forget :P

Thanks for informing me. I just wish we could play on the maps without needing to pay. I've said it a million times, but if they went that route, they wouldn't divide the playerbase.

One thing I would really like is a scope reflection for all sniper rifles, like in Battlefield. If you're standing on a hill top and aiming your rifle at me, your scope should have a little reflection so I know to take cover. Battlefield does this perfectly, and no one complains about it. For the pulse cannon, just have a green laser effect on my screen.

Dan

Yes, this game was a very good starting point for me, and if it only gets better from here then I'm definitely on board with this. Planets like Starklller Base and that Jungle One would be nice from episode 7, and I would absolutely love to play on coruscant or kamino as a clone or battle droid. Playing as droids in general could add a tone of customization and different gameplay styles. However it's up to EA not to abuse this customization opportunity with microtransactions

Yes, this game was a very good starting point for me, and if it only gets better from here then I'm definitely on board with this. Planets like Starklller Base and that Jungle One would be nice from episode 7, and I would absolutely love to play on coruscant or kamino as a clone or battle droid. Playing as droids in general could add a tone of customization and different gameplay styles. However it's up to EA not to abuse this customization opportunity with microtransactions

In addition to playable locations, I want to go on Naboo. Beautiful landscapes and architecture that would make for some incredible battles and cinematic movies. I agree with you that customizations should not have to suffer because of microtransactions. There's plenty of battle droid types, but not nearly as many clone trooper armor sets.

There is so much, SO much material available for the next Battlefront assuming they'll focus on prequels. Flight Squadron on Coruscant.. or given that it's a highly populated city, then have game modes where you have to catch Jango Fett while trying to avoid traffic and obstacles as seen on episode II. Pod Racing on Tatooine (speed bikes already feel like pod racers). Underwater battles on Naboo (add Supremacy battles on the Gungan City under the lake) etc etc. There really isn't any excuse now for them not to give us a comprehensive campaign mode as in the original BF II.
The potential for this game to sell gazillions and make a dent in the video game industry is real. If EA cares so much about the figures, then they should look at Rockstar games with GTA V; it has sold over 60 millions copies.. Sure they already have a great reputation, but that didn't stop them from spending 250 Million dollars in developing the story mode. With one BILLION dollars in sales (on its first THREE DAYS!!!) revenue, i'd say that investment has off.

My only thing is, I want EA/DICE to finish the OT by giving us Mos Eisley and Chewbacca and Obi One as rebel heroes. I don't care about anything else after that. I know they are bringing the Death Star and Bespin (I have no idea how WA would play out on Bespin) so besides some more tweaks on current game modes, I don't really have a problem with BF.

EDIT: BTW, if anyone is interested in doing Co-Op on master level tonight, then i'll be around. I tried to complete them locally with a couple of friends but they aren't as good and don't really help at all. I call them bots :lol:

Dan
Nice job, Cthulhu. :lol:
lol I know right, so much for getting pumped up.

On another note, we may get the Bespin DLC preview this week. I really can't wait for it. The Outer Rim DLC was nice but small maps get old quick. They really nailed it with Nien Numb and Greedo as heroes but I'm craving for Walker Assault / Supremacy games on a new map.

lol I know right, so much for getting pumped up.

On another note, we may get the Bespin DLC preview this week. I really can't wait for it. The Outer Rim DLC was nice but small maps get old quick. They really nailed it with Nien Numb and Greedo as heroes but I'm craving for Walker Assault / Supremacy games on a new map.

Can't wait to see it! I just wish that DICE featured YouTube channels that play Battlefront almost exclusively and have a considerable fan base actually interested in the game. Whenever they get someone like Jackfrags who only uploads Battlefront footage when he gets paid to, the general reaction from his audience is sarcasm and snarky remarks. Also, they aren't even that good at Battlefront. Matthew Serna (Regardles of your opinion on his commentary) is awesome at this game. He and his friend typically get the top spots in every match they play.

Dan
Can't wait to see it! I just wish that DICE featured YouTube channels that play Battlefront almost exclusively and have a considerable fan base actually interested in the game. Whenever they get someone like Jackfrags who only uploads Battlefront footage when he gets paid to, the general reaction from his audience is sarcasm and snarky remarks. Also, they aren't even that good at Battlefront. Matthew Serna (Regardles of your opinion on his commentary) is awesome at this game. He and his friend typically get the top spots in every match they play.
I haven't heard of him. I'll check him out. I know for XBOX1 Albert Ross is a beast - although some people say he cheats- but his YT vids are amazing. And for PS4 ryanjt761 is really good as well.

I haven't heard of him. I'll check him out. I know for XBOX1 Albert Ross is a beast - although some people say he cheats- but his YT vids are amazing. And for PS4 ryanjt761 is really good as well.

Matthew Serna plays on XBOX. There's one guy named Velociraptor but with a weird spelling. I believe he is on PS4, but I don't know for sure.

In one of Matthew Serna's recent videos, he is playing Walker Assault on Hoth near the last set of uplinks. He is standing near Nien Nunb (A.K.A "Pancake Face") and an AT-AT shoots at both of them. Matthew Serna dies, since he's just a regular soldier, but Nien Nunb lives and shouts something that sounds like "I'm still alive!!!" I think it would be hilarious if they added that in as a line for soldiers who survive being shot at by AT-ATs, or survive Orbital Strikes. Maybe if they are standing within the target zone, but Jump Pack out of there at the last second, or protect themselves with a Squad Shield.

If Nien Numb did say that then I would be surprised since I believe Sullustans speak huttese. But it's unbelievable the amount of detail DICE put on this video game. Specially commentary for almost every situation. Little things matter 👍.

On the other hand, they forgot to focus on bigger aspects of the game such as content :indiff::P

Last edited:
If Nien Numb did say that then I would be surprised since I believe Sullustans speak huttese. But it's unbelievable the amount of detail DICE put on this video game. Specially commentary for almost every situation. Little things matter 👍.

On the other hand, they forgot to focus on bigger aspects of the game such as content :indiff::P

According to the Star Wars wiki, Sullustans speak Sullustese, which is actually the Tanzanian language of Haya.

I found the clip, by the way. If the link doesn't take you to the exact moment, go to 12 minutes and 46 seconds.

Language warning:

Haha the boom one was perfect. The other day I joined a cargo match that was about to start with only one other player in my team. The other team had six! My teammate pulled the 'I have a really bad feeling about this' emote, then I did the laughing emote. We ended up losing of course but it made the whole game worthwhile since the tension was off from the start and we were just messing around.

Dan
Playing Cargo without Scout trait? That's brave. Nice job sneaking around the map, by the way. Loved the Tusken Raider emote at the end. :lol:
I actually use the scout trait most of the time on cargo except for this map, which is pretty wide open and subtlety doesn't go a long way.

I was so relieved my turret took care of players trying to catch up to me as my teammates were clearly MIA. They were not even guarding our cargo! I had no idea where they were. Probably trying to glitch out of the map over by the caves *sigh*

I actually use the scout trait most of the time on cargo except for this map, which is pretty wide open and subtlety doesn't go a long way.

I was so relieved my turret took care of players trying to catch up to me as my teammates were clearly MIA. They were not even guarding our cargo! I had no idea where they were. Probably trying to glitch out of the map over by the caves *sigh*

I had no idea there was glitch in that spot. :boggled:

Back