Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
Was so impressed by the game I started watching the movies. Should have done earlier! :bowdown:

I actually like the Battlefield feel it has, as I'm liking BF4 a lot. No doubt a pre order! :D

So they have confirmed that there will be no server browser for this game, not good news at all. I can't stand playing BF4 on any servers other than AU/NZ with low ping so if I'm forced to play on overseas servers with 200+ ping I'm not buying.

So they have confirmed that there will be no server browser for this game, not good news at all. I can't stand playing BF4 on any servers other than AU/NZ with low ping so if I'm forced to play on overseas servers with 200+ ping I'm not buying.

They done 🤬 up good.

My friend has been begging me to check this game out for about a year. So even though I am not a traditional Star Wars fan, (I appreciate the movies)I will check it out because I am a huge fan of the chaos in BF4.

I just found the X1 beta version. Adding to my que and will check it out tonight. This beta/demo will pretty much make or break the purchase for me. https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...ont-Beta/84dbe98e-302e-4597-9ea7-0082afb8cf68

DL'ing right now as well. Should be fun to play the final version of BF4 as Star Wars. Might even be able to work out some of the bugs with this beta. ;)

Had some for in Survival mode (couldn't connect to the servers for some reason), the small walkers are terrifying, but not as ******** as tanks.

Game looks ridiculously good on PC, like photo realistic. Walker assault needs more balance tweaks but in general is fun, only real problem is the terrible spawn system which will often spawn you right in front of enemies.

So far so good, the graphics are superb (running on an i5 4690k 970 GTX). No stuttering or slowdown. I played around half an hour of multiplayer and then about 15 minutes of survival. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into the campaign, that's where the real atmosphere will be I expect.

So far so good, the graphics are superb (running on an i5 4690k 970 GTX). No stuttering or slowdown. I played around half an hour of multiplayer and then about 15 minutes of survival. I'm really looking forward to getting stuck into the campaign, that's where the real atmosphere will be I expect.
I don't think there will be a real campaign though. They've always said it's primarily a multiplayer game.

I did some rounds on the PS4 yesterday and it's good fun. I was surprised how good it looks for a beta. Easily one of the best looking games on the PS4.
I'm still not sure though whether I'll buy it on release. With just 4 environments and a fifth two weeks after the release, that's just not enough in my opinion to keep it interesting for a long time. I'm afraid this will turn out to be a DLC milk cow where they'll add on more environments down the line for a hefty price...
Also, a Star Wars game without space battles? Really?

I don't think there will be a real campaign though. They've always said it's primarily a multiplayer game.

I did some rounds on the PS4 yesterday and it's good fun. I was surprised how good it looks for a beta. Easily one of the best looking games on the PS4.
I'm still not sure though whether I'll buy it on release. With just 4 environments and a fifth two weeks after the release, that's just not enough in my opinion to keep it interesting for a long time. I'm afraid this will turn out to be a DLC milk cow where they'll add on more environments down the line for a hefty price...
Also, a Star Wars game without space battles? Really?

Disappoint if true. I've been trying to avoid all the build up to the game as I like to experience it first hand. I expect it's going to be a very short campaign which seems to be the thing with FPS like COD and Battlefield.

I look at a game like this and wish so badly that someone like DICE would produce one for the Star Trek universe. It would have epic space battles and be a hybrid of Bridge Commander, Elite Force and Away Team.

ST as opposed to SW have been dished out bad dev after bad dev with only a handful of good games over the past 30 years.

I look at a game like this and wish so badly that someone like DICE would produce one for the Star Trek universe. It would have epic space battles and be a hybrid of Bridge Commander, Elite Force and Away Team.

ST as opposed to SW have been dished out bad dev after bad dev with only a handful of good games over the past 30 years.

I haven't seen a good Star Trek game since Armada.
We decided the Beta download was too large for just a couple days' worth.

On PS4 - I played a few matches got to rank 4.

Pros:
-It looks pretty and it is Star Wars.. so that is awesome but will wear off.
-Sounds are great (except for in the menu the music cuts in and out when things are loading)
-The character controls work fine 3rd person or 1st person (except 3rd person aiming)
-Turret controls are good
-Only flew one A wing - forgot to reverse the y axis so I could not fly it.
-Was able to load up quick and get into matches right away very easily and have some fun.

Cons: (most of these you have likely heard)
-No server browser and joining with friends is not easy (did not try more than once though)
-The heroes could be done better, voices, other characters reacting to them arriving maybe?.. and when they are defeated it should be more dramatic.
-Maybe it is me (but saw others report it) 3rd person aiming maybe a bit off. Basing this off of experience with SoCom, TLoU, and Uncharted.
-For some reason every game I was on the bottom 1/4 of the ranks - but I guess that is my fault :lol:

I just left Gamestop to Pre-order Star Wars Battlefront for PS4. Cant wait till Nov. 17th for the game to come out. I have been enjoying the Beta of the game that came out yesterday at noon. I will be more than likely been playing it all weekend long.

Things I'm Impressed by:

- Graphics
- Battlefield Fill to it
- Big Maps
- Gameplay
- Vehicle Gameplay
- When in Chat Party on PS4 you are already in there group to play together in the game.
- Etc.......

Things that I think need to be fixed and things that disappointed me:

- They need to have it where we can have a custom Star Wars logo
- Jet Pack Needs to last longer
- Luke and Darth Vader need to last alittle longer
- I notice you can't hold the thermal detonator, like you can hold grenades in a lot of games and time the explosion, a bit disappointed in that.
- The drop zone mode is a bit disappointing, mostly always fighting for 1 pod at a time.
- Disappointed in the upgrades, the guns seem linear, you can't have 2 thermal detonators?
Its very easy to Level up.

Disappoint if true. I've been trying to avoid all the build up to the game as I like to experience it first hand. I expect it's going to be a very short campaign which seems to be the thing with FPS like COD and Battlefield.

Yeah they confirmed a while back there is no campaign.

- Disappointed in the upgrades, the guns seem linear, you can't have 2 thermal detonators?
Its very easy to Level up.

I'm also wondering how customizable the guns will be. There doesn't seem any possibility to upgrade scopes and such.
What's also pretty strange, is that the large gun has a bipod, but you can't use it :P.

Back