Star Wars Battlefront ;)

• Thread starter dice1998
  • 898 comments
Enjoying the beta. Haven't played on the second map yet but I really like the first one. Sometimes I'm getting killed 5 times in a row and then come back with a kill streak.

I do hope some weapon mods are available when the full game releases..

Not supposed to be happening in this game.

WHAT! They have the best battles! Was the only good stuff in Battlefront 2.

I was pretty sure this game was just going to be a WOW model and stick around for the next 10 years adding every era including the 7th films stuff.

Haven't played much yet but not convinced I can buy (seems to be lacking content and tactics to say BF4).

But my god is the game gorgeous. Since frostbite dumped the previous gen and the new lighting and shaders are sublime, NFS and ME should look great as well/

Just started playing the beta today. Absolutely enthralled! This will make game 2 on my wish list that's not a flight or race sim.

And on the video front, not sure if it's made the rounds yet, but this is by far the best video I've seen, cracks me up. I just hope that wasn't dudes first experience with Luke.

I noticed that YouTube didn't process the whole killstreak video, so here it's again in full lenght:

Flying is fun, although I wish the cockpit view wouldn't give you such a huge disadvantage.

I played the beta, and it was exactly as I expected.

The game is not bad, in fact is great, gameplay and graphics. But I'll stay away from this one, is no longer a Battlefront game, is just a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin, which is not bad, but I got tired of the BF series after BF4.

I played the beta, and it was exactly as I expected.

The game is not bad, in fact is great, gameplay and graphics. But I'll stay away from this one, is no longer a Battlefront game, is just a Battlefield game with a Star Wars skin, which is not bad, but I got tired of the BF series after BF4.
I think, given the nature of the large scale assualts in Star Wars this style of FPS works well. They always appeared to be kind of hectic and all over the place in the movies. I am really curious to see how the Battle on Endor's moon is going to be. I hope it matches the movie. Flying through the woods on a speeder would be amazing.

Can't connect to Walker Assault for some strange reason (getting season no longer available )90% of the time, the other mode works flawlessly.

I've watched several gameplay videos and the air combat looks horrendous. If DICE is making this, why couldn't they just import the jet flight physics from Battlefield to Battlefront? I can guarantee that it would look more authentic and probably be more fun than just jiggling through the air while your shots magically hit your target if they're within your reticule.

By the way, I just found this while browsing imgur.

sassy darth vader cape flip.

:lol: The heroes are so bad in open spaces, they take way too much damage from normal blaster fire. The highest kill streak I've had so far with Luke is 12.

I've only experienced the snow speeder, and that has been terrible. It turns oh so very slow, and there's not enough coordination to keep them protected. There is going to be a dog fight mode. I wonder how they will set that up. If it's anything like the flight mechanics used in the Hoth Battle, I'll be very sad.

Just watched the trailer for that particular game mode. Yep, looks like the environment will be bigger, but still uses the same flight mechanics.

Last edited:
I know it's only beta, but right now I'm not so convinced about this game. I really don't see how it's much different than the way BF4 plays but with smaller maps and stacked odds (talking about the Walker map). It's cool and exciting at times but I'm just not sold yet... unless I get to teabag Darth Vader again :D

And for reasons unknown to science, this game runs like complete 🤬 for me but only on the menus. Once I'm in a match I can run everything on high and be fine, but loading a menu will damn near fry my CPU it seems... just makes my whole computer run extremely bad for the minute or two I'm on a menu. All drivers are up to date (then again, AMD graphics...) but it's just really weird.

The more I play, the more I get hooked on this game. There are flaws, sure, but it's so much fun. Which at the end is what counts. Despite the low map count, I think I'll get this one as soon as it comes out. (I'm aware I said otherwise earlier :P)

I know it's only beta, but right now I'm not so convinced about this game. I really don't see how it's much different than the way BF4 plays but with smaller maps and stacked odds (talking about the Walker map). It's cool and exciting at times but I'm just not sold yet... unless I get to teabag Darth Vader again :D

And for reasons unknown to science, this game runs like complete 🤬 for me but only on the menus. Once I'm in a match I can run everything on high and be fine, but loading a menu will damn near fry my CPU it seems... just makes my whole computer run extremely bad for the minute or two I'm on a menu. All drivers are up to date (then again, AMD graphics...) but it's just really weird.

Yeah the menu's aren't being capped to 30fps like most games would so it will be maxing out your PC while in the menus. Mine runs at 200fps which is the game maximum frame rate. This will change in the final release, along with balancing walker assault etc

I hope they don't rebalance the walker assault, it is supposed to be stacked odds. It's supposed the be easier for the Empire. My real issue with the game is spawns. Someone in the AT AT or a tie fighter can rack up kills just blasting away at the trenches. But, everything is beta ATM. I'll reserve serious critique for the full version

I put a pretty solid 6+ hours into this over the weekend. A lot more fun than I expected especially since I am not a major fan of Star wars. The gameplay would perfectly be described as Halo meets BF4. The weapons especially are VERY much similar to halo. Then you have the jet packs and bubble shields. The map gameplay is more similar to BF4. Overall pretty fun game. Huge balancing issues for sure right now. The team with the 4 legged "walkers" wins 98% of the time and that is well known. So the team that does not have the walkers usually ends up with quite a few quitters and just gets dominated.

The co-op horde mode was fun too. Overall not too bad of a game. Still uncertain if this will be a day 1 purchase, but I will probably pick it up eventually. A lot of great games coming out October / November. Especially November.

I'm on the fence with this one, I love the original trilogy, I still have the original Battlefront on PS2, and I used to play it a lot. The Demo was fun, gameplay felt solid, I played both maps and the single player multiple times, the graphics are simply gorgeous. The main problem I have is that I'm just not that into games like this anymore. It's the same thing with fighting games, I used play them relentlessly, mastering every move, didn't matter the game, Street Fighter, MK, Tekken, Soul Calibur, but then they just grew stale and I quit buying them. I feel the same way about most platformers (unless they are really intriguing).

We'll see where I end up on this one but I probably won't pick it up until next year, If I end up getting it at all.

The best thing about this game for me is how casual it feels.. just jump on have some fun - win or loose .. don't matter.

The thing is.. I believe it is easier for the Rebels to win the Walker Assault. Few orbital strikes used on the AT-ATs and the game is done. As a rebel do not worry if you die a lot.. just do what ever it takes to get the Y-wings to drop the shields on the AT-ATs so they can be taken out with the orbital strikes. I think by mid weekend most of the games I played as a rebel on Hoth we won this way.

Good fun

I hope they don't rebalance the walker assault, it is supposed to be stacked odds. It's supposed the be easier for the Empire. My real issue with the game is spawns. Someone in the AT AT or a tie fighter can rack up kills just blasting away at the trenches. But, everything is beta ATM. I'll reserve serious critique for the full version

Yeah the spawns are the biggest issue by far, and it's so easy to fix. All they need to do is make the point past the current uplinks out of bounds to the Imperials until the game moves to the next set of uplinks. Pushing up behind the Rebel spawns and allowing them to get spawn killed is ridiculous even for a beta. If they release the game in this state it will be highly unacceptable.

Yeah the spawns are the biggest issue by far, and it's so easy to fix. All they need to do is make the point past the current uplinks out of bounds to the Imperials until the game moves to the next set of uplinks. Pushing up behind the Rebel spawns and allowing them to get spawn killed is ridiculous even for a beta. If they release the game in this state it will be highly unacceptable.
That is one issue I cant argue with, that the spawn system is terrible. Maybe make an area in the base like you said, or even do as heros and generals does, and give like 3 seconds of invisibility so you can spawn then move out without getting blasted repeatedly.

According to some of the comments on the official FB-page, the devs are already working on re-balancing the spawn points.
Personally, they didn't disturb me during the beta. Sure, I got spawnkilled a couple of times, but it was nice to see that you didn't have to run long distances to get back into action.
A nice improvement would be that you can actually choose within a certain zone where to spawn, like in Starhawk for example.

Enjoyed playing the beta over the weekend even though I weren't the best, might get it at release but not sure at the moment, have only 1 piece of footage that I recorded and it happened to be my 1st game and probably the best game that I managed to complete.

Back