STAR WARS General Discussion | Warning: Possible SPOILERS!Movies 

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 2,342 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
And Star Wars Episode 7 is coming out in 2015!!!

Crazy! :crazy:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movi...okfan&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=web_app

Edit: Updates.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movi...okfan&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=web_app

CS.net
In a later conference call, Disney revealed that they are planning a new trilogy starting in 2015 with a new movie coming every other year. They were also asked about "Indiana Jones," but said that they were going to concentrate on the "Star Wars" franchise for now.

WARNING: IF YOU'RE READING THIS POST AND IT'S YOUR FIRST TIME HERE, THE USE OF SPOILER TAGS ARE NO LONGER IN EFFECT. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is going to be absolutely awful. Whatever plot they have to create is gonna be rubbish compared to the original.

So if Episode 7 is on the cards, does that mean the "sequel trilogy" is going ahead, even after Lucas said it would never happen? Or a completely different set of movies?

I'm both interested and cautious about what they may actually create.

That is going to be absolutely awful. Whatever plot they have to create is gonna be rubbish compared to the original.

I'll admit that I have my doubts about it beating the original 3 movies, but I wouldn't call them rubbish before a word on what the new storyline will be has even been mentioned.

So if Episode 7 is on the cards, does that mean the "sequel trilogy" is going ahead, even after Lucas said it would never happen? Or a completely different set of movies?

I'm both interested and cautious about what they may actually create.

Sounds like it will be the sequel trilogy, and that there could be more than three.:nervous:

Star Wars Episode 7 is targeted for release in 2015, with more feature films expected to continue the Star Wars saga and grow the franchise well into the future.

I say, if they can continue the franchise without screwing it up, why stop? I for one enjoy the films (all 6 of them) so the more the merrier.

I'll admit that I have my doubts about it beating the original 3 movies, but I wouldn't call them rubbish before a word on what the new storyline will be has even been mentioned.

It just seems so wrong to make a second saga. It's done! Leave it!

Oh yes because the Star Wars franchise is still so great after the prequel trilogy.

I'm interested to see if Disney can sell out the franchise and cash in even harder than Lucas did.

Either way, nobody has an obligation to watch the 7th episode. Don't like it? Don't give them your money.

Meh. It couldn't be worse than if Lucas took a stab at it. Disney does have some decent writers, to say nothing of any chances of having Pixar helping.

I'm... curious.

Damn just saw this and made a whole new thread in the movies forum before I saw this.

Hopefully they don't mess this up. 3+ new episodes coming excites me.

Tom.
That's the tiny thread of hope, I really hope they don't screw this up.
^Agreed. I really doubt they can make it as epic to the newer generations as it was in the 70s.

I did have an artbook released at time of Empire Strikes back and it mentioned that Star Wars was a nine-part story...

I haven't even watched episodes 4,5 and 6.

:indiff:

I wonder who will play Darth Something in the new movies. Donald, Mickey or Goofy?

I haven't even watched episodes 4,5 and 6.

:indiff:

I wonder who will play Darth Something in the new movies. Donald, Mickey or Goofy?

4-6 are the best ones. 1-3 were meh to say the least.

I'm not surprised considering that Disney and LucasFilm have a very close relationship.

Still, the last thing I want to see is Darth Vader wearing Mickey ears. Hopefully Disney doesn't kill the franchise like they did to many others.

Next thing you know, they'll want to buy Activision since Call of Duty is milking cash. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they did.

EDIT: I found this a few minutes ago. Disney in a nutshell;
Troll%2BFace%2BMickey.gif

Definitions for the uneducated please...
This:
EU = Expanded Universe
LF = LucasFilm
tCW = The Clone Wars

Lucas pretty much gave indepented people the green light to write novels about Star Wars taking place before/after the six movies (and sometimes in between) and have it be official cannon. Then, Lucas created a movie known as The Clone Wars, which pretty much trampled all over the novels and made a lot of people very angry. Then he made it worse and started a whole 🤬 TV SHOW based on the movie, and he pretty much started his own hate club.

I was getting ready to forgive the company with 1313 coming out, but not anymore. Not after this.

Gutted

It's not that I think Disney is going to make films that are worse than Lucas, it's that there is now going to be an endless stream of Star Wars crap that for me, will weaken the "Star Wars Universe".

Back