Starcraft

• Thread starter MclarenF1
  • 58 comments
i kick major A** at that game!!

its been a long while though since i played:P

protoss and zerg rule!đź‘Ť

btw my s/n is: twitch(fury)

I'll be sure to look for you guys. Incase you couldnt figure it out, my name on there is AcidX.

I loved building myself a fleet of those huge Protoss ships that attacked realeasing like 8 other little ships, I can't quite recall the name of those ships, but 12 of those huge suckers and 96 little ships attacking are a pretty serious menace. :D đź‘Ť

I also admired the AI on StarCraft. Everytime I played it seemed to be learning more and more, or maybe I was getting dumber and dumber, oh well...

Originally posted by Sleek Stratos
I loved building myself a fleet of those huge Protoss ships that attacked realeasing like 8 other little ships, I can't quite recall the name of those ships, but 12 of those huge suckers and 96 little ships attacking are a pretty serious menace. :D đź‘Ť

I also admired the AI on StarCraft. Everytime I played it seemed to be learning more and more, or maybe I was getting dumber and dumber, oh well...

Those are called carriers and they take ages to deploy a mass marine or mass hydra can *terminate* anything on a map

Originally posted by Div is back
Those are called carriers and they take ages to deploy a mass marine or mass hydra can *terminate* anything on a map

Allow me to introduce you to my friend Mr Period.

20021011l.gif

I think this applies to you.

Hahaha. How many times have i seen that comic. I love that.

Lots of people really need to see that comic...

Div is an abreviation of my last name and the "is back" is because I had an .....well if you would had took time to read my sig you woulda understood but it looks like some people need some school work too....by the way I'm at school now, well I got a basket ball pratice and I'm waitin'

Ah, well I'm sorry then, for I assumed something about your nick and I was incorrect.

But you still haven't properly used a period. (:

I just played a lengthy game of Killing Fields against 7 computer players (FFA). I had a pack of tanks roving the landscape with a hoard of Marines followed by medics. It was a sight to behold.

What's the highest kill count anyone has seen from a single unit? I had a tank with 99 kills. I assume you can go over 100? I'm sure it had more after that but I didn't get to see before it died.

I got to 255, which is the maximum with a tank, I was playing fastest map ever in multiplayer, but it doesn't count really as it was So easy!

Wow that's nuts! Do you know if there is a way in the Scenerio editor to base game play from unit kill counts? I think it's possible to have actions based on number of kills a player has, but not how many kills an individual unit has.

Starcraft rules!!!!!

As a 'Mac' user even i can comment on this thread.

As far as i'm concerned, for this genra of game, they don't get much better than starcraft. Me and a collegue at work used to play a 'melee' against each other across the LAN. It was only a demo we had but we played it for hours and hours, such a great 'Vs.' game.

I eventully got hold of a full version - damn Mac games never go 'budget' - and tried my hand at the scenario builder, but could never get them to work quite as i wanted.

Yeah, the scenarios can be tough to edit. There are tools outside of Blizzard's offerings to help with that though. Unfortunately I think they're all Windows based.

What I like about Starcraft so much is that it will run on damn near any computer. At home my room mate and I have a couple computers each which are all rather nice. But I brought home two old iMac 400mhz machines and they run it as well as the rest. And guys come over with old laptops all the time. We've had several game nights of 6+ players where we live now, and a few years ago we used to play 8 player games on the weekends. It's a total blast (:

My favorite rts game, a masterpiece (so much better than Warcraft III, especially in multiplayer mode). We had great LAN parties with this game back in 98... when we started, it took quite a while for the one who chose Zerg or Protoss to overcome our walls of Tanks/Towers... while we were raiding the map with cloaked wraith swarms... Great slaughter memories, followed by insult-fest between the appartment bedrooms :D I was really efficient with mass production.

We almost always use Green Valleys (my favorite), Killing Fields or Plains of Snow 98 for LAN games.

Warcraft II was great too.

Work work. Dhaboo!

Greatest rts ever made! Spent a year on bnet from 99-00 and had a blast! Im not very good but its so fun, and if i remember right, a fashinating story!

I'm trying to get back into playing... Is anyone still playing actively? I'd like to get in touch with all of the people who play currently, and maybe set up a game or two... :)

Plague.Ghost. Head of the "Plague" clan. I'm usually in a sunken defense game. starcraft is just plain pimpin.

I stopped playing starcraft a while ago.. That doesnt mean that im not up for some sunken D though! Whenever you're on, PS, send me a PM so we can play. I've played spore d, but i want to see how sunken is. :)

So here's this thread! I knew there was something like this floating around. Does noone play this game anymore? Does anyone still have it? Does anyone know when SC: Ghost is comming out? So many questions. Does anyone know if Starcraft 2 (rts form) is comming out? Hey AcidX, wanna join a clan?

Back