Stars Of The Future: Who do you think will be lining up on the F1 grid by 2014/15?

• Thread starter adam46
  • 101 comments
Another ridiculous statement. Ricciardo's not even made his debut yet, and some people already think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Give it time before making such claims.

Read my post replying to this earlier... To suggest that the regular drivers will be at full tilt during the pre season tests is way short of the mark. This leaves it open for those testing in this phase but without race seats to "promote" themselves by putting in what look like VERY quick times, but only relative to slow times.

Ricciardo's not even made his debut yet, and some people already think he's the best thing since sliced bread. Give it time before making such claims.
Go to the OneHD website when Silverstone is on. They're streaming their coverage of all Grands Prix online. I'm not sure if it's regionally locked, but if not, make sure you tune in an hour before the race begins, where they will be crowning Ricciardo the 2011 World Champion.

Same, if only because they have no idea what they're talking about and usually skew everything to favour Webber.

Imagine Nasr and Massa in the same team, Brundle and Coulthard would struggle bigtime.

Well it reminds me of when Martin Brundle and Mark Blundell were teammates.

Read my post replying to this earlier... To suggest that the regular drivers will be at full tilt during the pre season tests is way short of the mark. This leaves it open for those testing in this phase but without race seats to "promote" themselves by putting in what look like VERY quick times, but only relative to slow times.

I did actually read that post too, but I couldn't let such a blatantly ridiculous claim slip the net.

Some good calls in this thread and some could be stories.

Though what amuses me most about this is the mocking of something a (presumably) Australian TV station would say in swapping Webber for Ricciardo.

Do not want.

I literally have no idea where this Daniel Riccardo kid came from, why on earth does he deserve to replace any of the drivers on the STR lineup? Buemi and Alguersuari are, though a bit mistake prone sometimes, especially the former, a good lineup that will bring home the points. What does Riccardo have that these 2 don't? It pains me to see STR talking about replacing one of their drivers with this guy who hasn't done anything special rather than being within a tenth of Vettel's pole time in the young drivers test. It only helps to prove that STR is the worst place to have a F1 career, because you will just never be able to prosper, the team will eventually get tired of you, and you will get replaced, unless your name is Sebastian Vettel.

And now he's going to replace Karthikeyan. Unless he's bringing in money, I don't see this as a good idea. Nevermind Karthikeyan's poor effort in Valencia, that was an all round poor race for HRT, probably their worst race since Bahrain last year. For most of the season, Narain has been reasonably close to Liuzzi, given him not being in F1 in 5 years. And his experience will move HRT forward in development of the car, they don't need a noob who doesn't know the car yet, a car which is tricky to drive, to risk running up repair bills.
Bad call lol.

Back