Starting Out

• Thread starter Buhnanah
  • 63 comments
Buhnanah
My computer isn't that good, and I don't know how good the computer needs to be to run this game. I don't want to buy a $1000 pc just to run this game, cause I'm not that worried about high settings. So what's a good computer that can run at a good setting, and how much would it cost me?

My computer isn't that good, and I don't know how good the computer needs to be to run this game. I don't want to buy a $1000 pc just to run this game, cause I'm not that worried about high settings. So what's a good computer that can run at a good setting, and how much would it cost me?

I just purchased an alienware unit from Dell so I could start iRacing too, but it ran me 750. But I also e-mailed iRacings tech devision and asked for recommendations and used what they told me.

I just purchased an alienware unit from Dell so I could start iRacing too, but it ran me 750. But I also e-mailed iRacings tech devision and asked for recommendations and used what they told me.

Hell yeah!! Looking forward to some good racing with you sir! welcome to iRacing!

http://www.iracing.com/inracingnews/iracing-news/building-the-iracing-system-101/

Use this website as it gives you a clear description on how to build a good iracing machine.

It will cost a bit. Despite you not wanting to run it on high graphics, its only a matter of time before iracing increases its minimum levels of requirements. If you go cheap, you probably could pick one up for $500 or so. For example, if you go with a dual core chip, it should be ok for now but I have read somewhere that they will go 3 core soon...

ALSO NOTE, if you go with lower graphic settings, you will not be able to pick many signals up on the track which will slow you down.

For example, on some tracks I use certain marks on the tracks or race side trees etc to mark where you will break, if you lower the settings and you cant see this, it will slow you down.

Welcome to the real gtplanet :sly:!

Last edited:
This is my computer specs... I had forgotten that I had bought a new PC like a year or 2 ago.

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 - 3.2GHz
RAM: 8GB
Disk Space: 1.3TB
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 4200

Video card won't do unless running everything on low. Running things on low has downsides as you have fewer race markers when racing.

Hello Guys, i am about to make a 3 month Subscription with iRacing as i'm new to it i need to know one thing first, when i pay with paypal there is a billing and shipping adress, will i get something at home? because i dont want that.

Video card won't do unless running everything on low. Running things on low has downsides as you have fewer race markers when racing.

This is true. having no/few trackside objects and no shadows can make it hard to find brake and turn-in points.

I'm thinking of getting iracing when my new pc arrives,
will the spec run iracing and at what level?

Intel i7 2600quad core 3.4ghz.
16gb memory.
NVIDIA GTforce GT520 /1gb.

any assistance would be appreciated:)

I'm thinking of getting iracing when my new pc arrives,
will the spec run iracing and at what level?

Intel i7 2600quad core 3.4ghz.
16gb memory.
NVIDIA GTforce GT520 /1gb.

any assistance would be appreciated:)

you will need 2 of those gt520's to do triple screen. just a heads up

Just started iracing today! I must say it's a challenge! IMO it's better than gt5! And I'm gonna test alot at first! I raced the formula gran turismo in gt5 alot. So it's open wheel roadcourse racing for me! Awesome tracks too!!:). Built my own budget computer for about $800 full settings no prob!
Peace out

Just started iracing today! I must say it's a challenge! IMO it's better than gt5! And I'm gonna test alot at first! I raced the formula gran turismo in gt5 alot. So it's open wheel roadcourse racing for me! Awesome tracks too!!:). Built my own budget computer for about $800 full settings no prob!
Peace out

he he he wait till you get to open wheel cars. its very different to say the least.

he he he wait till you get to open wheel cars. its very different to say the least.

Cannot even be explained how much more difficult they are in iRacing. I was fairly quick in the F2007 on GT5:P but man was iRacing a wake up call in the difficulty department. :crazy: Saying that, I'm having a steer of the F1 car this season so give me a yell if you need any help. 👍

Mad, how are you doing in the F1? I saw you in it a few times.

Not too bad... Going for a pro license this season (requires me to finish top 10 in the championship). Sitting 16th at the moment but I didn't do the SOF race for Round 1. Came 5th in Round 2 and got a solid 234 points. All I need to do is finish 5 in those high SOF races and i'll be good.... But that can be easier said than done!

Peace out

Awesome! welcome to the dark side! :sly:

Having a clutch is a big advantage in iRacing. If you have to use one of the shift aids, the sim slows your shift down a little bit. However a lot of people will map one of the wheel buttons to be the clutch and just press that when shifting.

Yea, do what Eric said, just map the clutch button. Some guy (last season?) won oval racing championship with a DFGT so yes, it can be done.

Back