Starting Out

• Thread starter Buhnanah
  • 63 comments
map your control, in your settings when you jump in practice the first time (first tab) and there is a thing called look left and right. map it to buttons on your wheel

I have the T500 wheel, pedals and shifter. Will they work with iRacing? Before I drop the cash for a new PC I need to know. Thanks.

Haha, you only need four shifts per pitstop per race.

Ray also finished in the top 10 in the road series world championship as well along with winning the world oval championship. I don't know the guy so not trying to take up for him just stating the facts. He uses clubsports so he has access to a clutch, but I think you guys put to much emphasis on the clutch thing here. From what I've read on the iracing forums is that by using auto blip you will maybe lose 1-2 tenths a lap at most. I think that's going to be in the cars that have a regular 6 speed H pattern box. Cars like the F1 and hpd have a sequential trans and I don't think you lose anything in the cars with a sequential trans. Only road cars I race now are the HPD and F1 so not using the clutch isn't an issue for me. I also use clubsports, but I much prefer the paddle shifters with auto blip on.

!! That's a big difference guys....before you made it seem like the guy won the championships using DFGT pedals....club sports are another league....the dfgt wheel is fine. But pedals will cost you dearly for brake control.
Dfgt pedals are not the best out there. That's why the dfgt sells at low price. Wheel is awesome but then so so pedals..

!! That's a big difference guys....before you made it seem like the guy won the championships using DFGT pedals....club sports are another league....the dfgt wheel is fine. But pedals will cost you dearly for brake control.
Dfgt pedals are not the best out there. That's why the dfgt sells at low price. Wheel is awesome but then so so pedals..

1-2 tenths is a lot if you're competing with the best of the best for world championships.

In any normal race, you're unlikely to be severely disadvantaged by such a small margin as the range of skill will be much higher. You'll have 20 people ranging from world class to ten seconds off the pace.

another "can I run this" question

intel i5- 2.5GHz
6GB memory
NVIDIA GeForce GT 435M 1GB

I'm on my laptop, that's the main reason why I'm asking

and can you only use promocodes once? and are old ones still usable?

Roush_fan_99

intel i5- 2.5GHz
6GB memory

That will run absolutely good fps.

And another one -

HP 2000 Notebook PC
AMD E-300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics (2 CPUs), ~ 1.3GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics
4096 RAM

Well my current choices are

-AMD II X4 965 Black edition- 3.4GHZ
-EVGA geforce gt440 1gb (fermi)
-(2x2) 4gb amd high performance ram.

I would get 8gb ram, but I don't think I need that much..

4GB of RAM is fine for iRacing.

That CPU should do well also, but most people seem to experience slightly better results on iRacing with an Intel CPU, not sure why, but it's the general consensus. The video card will work, but it's going to be your major bottleneck. Since you are running only single screen, it should be fine. But on some tracks you might have to turn some visuals off completely (Shadow volumes, etc) to get high and steady FPS.

Well my current choices are

-AMD II X4 965 Black edition- 3.4GHZ
-EVGA geforce gt440 1gb (fermi)
-(2x2) 4gb amd high performance ram.

I would get 8gb ram, but I don't think I need that much..

i highly recommend no to the CPU. Depends how much you have later to upgrade once iracing goes 3 cores.

Roush_fan_99

intel i5- 2.5GHz
6GB memory

So I tried this to my 55" samsung LCD TV, and got 82-84 FPS in test mode with the legend @ Laguna seca

It's a one year old dell XPS 17 laptop

^Does it matter if it's test or race?

Is there a way to make it full screen with my taskbar and borders gone?

^Does it matter if it's test or race?

Is there a way to make it full screen with my taskbar and borders gone?

You will get more FPS in a test session simply because there are no other cars on the track.

Example: On my system, when I was running a league race at Daytona Road a few weeks ago, when I had 40 cars on my screen at once, my FPS dropped to like 25fps, but normally on Daytona I was getting around 250-300. With 10 or so cars on screen I was at around 200fps.

Full screen is in the initial graphics options. I think to bring it up again you have to delete the render.ini file and run iRacing again. When the resolution selection window comes up, be sure to select full screen.

200-300fps? So I'm not doing to well with 84 at laguna seca & okayama & charlotte test sessions?

I'm kind of scared to enter a race yet, I'm consistent when I'm not spinning :lol:, what are rookie races like?

84fps is probably because you are locked at 84 in the options. Go into the in-game options, go to graphics, and then uncheck "cap framerate" to see what your max is. Some people choose to cap the framerate at a lower amount because going from 150fps in one section to 75fps in another section of the same track can really throw off your timing and reference points.

Back