Stealth cars? What's the deal about them?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Bluez_Freak
  • 36 comments
  • 4,361 views
Messages
308
I have the chrome line ones and only the paintwork differs and few tunings upgrades already onboard which I believe you can get anyway with a stock car.

What are the stealth cars about then?
 
their maintenance cost are lot cheaper, Engine rebuild and body work only cost 500cr
 
Lighter and more powerful. Couldnt give you specifics off the top of my head.
 
The stealth cars are much faster than the original versions
 
Part of it is that you are suppose to only be able to get stealth cars if you pre-ordered the game, and they are tied to your PSN account, and can't be traded (I think).
 
No you cant trade them.
 
I think I saved a lot of credit because I used the stealth models a lot of times when I did not have the right car to race to...
 
On thing I HAVE noticed about Stealth models, is that they are not tied to your PSN, they are tied to your game install. I created a new PSN for my missus and started a new game for her on GT5; when the game started she was awarded the Stealth cars that I had acquired with my Sig edition.
 
On thing I HAVE noticed about Stealth models, is that they are not tied to your PSN, they are tied to your game install. I created a new PSN for my missus and started a new game for her on GT5; when the game started she was awarded the Stealth cars that I had acquired with my Sig edition.

They'll go to every account on the PS3 as long as the account they are tied to is on the PS3 also.
 
They'll go to every account on the PS3 as long as the account they are tied to is on the PS3 also.

So... am I right or not? :sly:
 
They are something like a cheat. You don't need to pay for them (in game cr), they are faster, lighter and without special code you can't get them, so you can't have adequate car in online.
 
My stealth SLS is heavier than a normal SLS?

Or did I forget something?
 
Last edited:
So... am I right or not? :sly:
I have 3 accounts in my PS3,so if i download the cars from one of these accounts they'll appear in the other 2 also????
 
I have 3 accounts in my PS3,so if i download the cars from one of these accounts they'll appear in the other 2 also????

I'm not totally sure what you mean.
 
I'm not totally sure what you mean.
I just received my SE GT5,if i use the codes to download the stealth cars in one of my accounts would they appear to other 2 i have?
 
I have 3 accounts in my PS3,so if i download the cars from one of these accounts they'll appear in the other 2 also????

Yes, they will appear in the other two also
 
I have 3 accounts in my PS3,so if i download the cars from one of these accounts they'll appear in the other 2 also????

Yes.

BTW, Stealth cars also free if you bought the Asian First Print Edition. With this edition you received GT5 R3 game, DLC & the Apex book for around USD76.
 
I recently upgraded my PS3 hard drive. The first time I played GT5 after restoring my backup, my stealth cars were re-gifted to me i.e. they reset to 0 miles, 0 wins, never been driven, and appeared at the top when sorted by acquired date.

The strange thing is I have two separate accounts and two GT5 games going, and this only happened on one of the accounts, but not the other.
 
They are something like a cheat.

They are nothing like a cheat. They just enable you to enter a few more events in the long run compared to people who don't have them.

They're not that great IMO, but the cheap maintenance costs mean they can be used as much as necessary without worrying about losing power.

I found them really useful for B-Spec, otherwise I always bought a car I wanted to do event-x...
 
They are nothing like a cheat. They just enable you to enter a few more events in the long run compared to people who don't have them.

They're not that great IMO, but the cheap maintenance costs mean they can be used as much as necessary without worrying about losing power.

I found them really useful for B-Spec, otherwise I always bought a car I wanted to do event-x...

They are codes that unlock part of the game not usually accesible. So they are Cheat Codes, but they can only be used once.
 
Can someone who has all of the stealth cars post the weight and HP of each one so I can compare it to their more colorful brothers/sisters. If you only have one or two stealth cars that is cool, just post the stats for any stealth cars you have.

Also, I have also been hearing about chrome cars. Are they more powerful than their normal counterparts or are they simply the normal car that is painted in chrome?

THX
 
My Stealth McLaren F1 is a premium car, race mod version of the normal McLaren F1. It's finished in matte carbon fibre weave, with a big wing and race livery stickers. It came with around 500 bhp, 1100kg, race hard tyres. I've since upgraded it to 800bhp with all mods, so it won't go as high as the Corvette ZR1 race mod for instance.

The facebook prize Jaguar XJ13 Chromeline seems to be identical to the normal XJ13, except it has a green livery with two chrome stripes over the whole car, and it has no build date listed so you can't use it in the historic A-Spec races.
 
Yes.

BTW, Stealth cars also free if you bought the Asian First Print Edition. With this edition you received GT5 R3 game, DLC & the Apex book for around USD76.

OMG I got the the edition you've mentioned on release date for some price around HKD 500. Now they give you additional chrome line cars, the Mazda 787B stealth model and a die cast GT500 model (plus what I got) all for HKD618 only....

I probably should have waited....
 
They are codes that unlock part of the game not usually accesible. So they are Cheat Codes, but they can only be used once.

They are just exclusive content.

Were the zombie maps that came with the Prestige editions of Call of Duty 'cheats'?

No. They are just rewards for paying more for the product, for a better version than the standard edition. They're not cheats.
 
Last edited:
They are codes that unlock part of the game not usually accesible. So they are Cheat Codes, but they can only be used once.

you do know you can upgrade the regular cars to the same standards, thats some cheat lmao.
 
OMG I got the the edition you've mentioned on release date for some price around HKD 500. Now they give you additional chrome line cars, the Mazda 787B stealth model and a die cast GT500 model (plus what I got) all for HKD618 only....

I probably should have waited....

Yeah..it hurts..it really hurts..the second version is much better plus the die-cast car. But I didn't know you get 787B Stealth too..:indiff::guilty:
 
Back