Stealth

  • Thread starter Thread starter EvilToast
  • 30 comments
  • 1,419 views
Messages
597
saw this movie yesterday, it was good, a good film for anyone who is an aviation fan, too bad jamie fox played a wayyy too small part.
 
I will rent it. I don't know, it looks like it could go either way. Might be pretty good. :)
 
It seems too cliche in the trailers. I'll pass on any movie where someone says the line "It's become self aware"
 
They gave it half a star. Not too good for an Academy Award Winner.
 
the movie concentrated more on jessica biel's body(which if i may say is hotttttt!!!!) than the actual story.
 
I can't stand Jessica Biel, she was awful in Blade: Trinity. And Rob Cohen directed The Fast and the Furious and XXX. So no thanks, I'll just buy some dinner instead.
 
How does the name 'Stealth' have anything to do with a robotic drone that goes berserk and the pilots who try to shoot it down?

The aircraft in the movie do not exhibit stealth characteristics. I guarantee all those pointy inverted wings will light up a radar scope.

The movie also disobeys the three Laws of Robotics.
 
I saw the preview for this when waiting for War of the Worlds, and the first thing that came into my mind was, "That movie looks like ***t".

And yes, Rob Cohen's, uh, "career" doesn't speak well for any future endeavors.
 
Viper Zero
How does the name 'Stealth' have anything to do with a robotic drone that goes berserk and the pilots who try to shoot it down?

The aircraft in the movie do not exhibit stealth characteristics. I guarantee all those pointy inverted wings will light up a radar scope.

The movie also disobeys the three Laws of Robotics.
Its Hollywood. What do you expect from a city full of XXX people and idiots who defy anything in the real world in their movies?
 
You would think they would try to check out the facts before shooting the movie. It's like they make it up as they go.

Hollywood wonders why people don't go to the theaters anymore.
 
Viper Zero
The movie also disobeys the three Laws of Robotics.
So? Either they weren't programmed in, or they were programmed in such a way that the AI could gain the freedom not to care.

What bothers me, in what I've heard of the movie, is that the AI goes nuts because it gets struck by lightning.
One, if anything's going to happen because of lightning, it's going to be that the AI will get messed up and crash, it's not going to go crazy.
Two, they must have had some pretty slack ass engineers designing the airframe for this thing. Normal planes get struck by lightning about once a year to no ill effect. Why would this (probably) multi-billion dollar project have less resistance to lightning strikes then the average airliner of today? (Most of which were designed in the 70s or earlier.)
 
Emohawk
So? Either they weren't programmed in, or they were programmed in such a way that the AI could gain the freedom not to care.

What bothers me, in what I've heard of the movie, is that the AI goes nuts because it gets struck by lightning.
One, if anything's going to happen because of lightning, it's going to be that the AI will get messed up and crash, it's not going to go crazy.
Two, they must have had some pretty slack ass engineers designing the airframe for this thing. Normal planes get struck by lightning about once a year to no ill effect. Why would this (probably) multi-billion dollar project have less resistance to lightning strikes then the average airliner of today? (Most of which were designed in the 70s or earlier.)

Wth? The preview on MTV tried to hint the he was going rogue after disobeying an order. At the end of the preview he took off and they started chasing him.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Wth? The preview on MTV tried to hint the he was going rogue after disobeying an order. At the end of the preview he took off and they started chasing him.
He did, after he got struck by lightning....... I believe.
 
a6m5
He did, after he got struck by lightning....... I believe.
Oh ok.

So he got struck, then on a mission, the side effects started taking over?
Ok, I see. Makes since now.
 
McLaren F1GTR
Oh ok.

So he got struck, then on a mission, the side effects started taking over?
Ok, I see. Makes since now.
Actually, I haven't seen the movie either, just previews. I'm sure I'm right though. I usually am. :sly:
 
Sage
I saw the preview for this when waiting for War of the Worlds, and the first thing that came into my mind was, "That movie looks like ***t".

Have you been stealing my life again?
 
Sage
I saw the preview for this when waiting for War of the Worlds, and the first thing that came into my mind was, "That movie looks like ***t".

In line with Famine, I have to say that was pretty much what I thought too :D!

But then again, Jessica Biel ... mmm ... could I be tempted? Nah, the technical innacuracies would have me muttering into my (expensive) popcorn ...

Of course, the story might overcome the weight of the negative aspects?
 
sukerkin
IOf course, the story might overcome the weight of the negative aspects?
That's not possible in a movie where someone says

"It's become self aware"
 
EvilToast
omg guys my penis! its become self-aware! :nervous: :dunce:
Mine is self aware... In fact, there have been situations where it took complete control over my body. It told me what to do, where to go, and where to put my umm... hands.
 
It's true. Don't you hate it, when it becomes self-aware, and you can't stand up and leave your desk?
 
^^ that's why I wear loose fitting pants :)
 
Lets not forget how it comes to life everytime it gets a moderate amount of stimulation.

I actually think it's conspiring with my eyes. Because every time my eyes see something appealing, the big guy takes over :p
 
We saw Stealth this weekend and thoght it was a good movie. Well worth at least a rental.
 
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. There is one thing, just one thing that is good in this movie, and that's special effects. Everything else is SO bad in this movie, no special effects could save it though. "F-".
 
I couldn't believe this movie when I watched it.

I thought it was going to be Top Gun in the next generation. But it was MUCH better then I expected. Granted, it really wasn't good. But since I had such a low expectation of it, I guess it is better by relation.

Still trying to figure out why the black guy had to die though. 👎
 
Back