Steam Christmas Holiday Sale Dec 19th-Jan 3rd Skyrim £3.74 Legendary Edition £10.19

• Thread starter chromatic9
  • 80 comments
I haven't played an RPG in years and skyrim would be tempting at the price in the OP, but it's way more expensive on my steam. I seem to have different games on sale here, is that normal?

It's back on today

Skyrim £3.74
Skyrim Legendary Edtion £10.19​

I probably don't have to point this out, but Left 4 Dead 2 is free today. Good luck downloading it or anything else, though, the rush for it has killed Steam.

well, steam is still down. never played left 4 dead 2 even though its been stupidly cheap before, can't argue with free though. Been having too much fun with all my borderlands 2 dlc i got for half price. the full game is less than a fiver, there really is no excuse not to get the gem
edit: hush my mouth, steam lives again!

Lego Marvel super heroes £12.49 50% off
Saints Row IV £15.99 60% off

Good prices for new games but not much time left

Euro Truck Sim 2 £3.74​

Last edited:
Just to let everyone know you can get L4D2 for free until 10 am PST Today. (Yes it is the full game and get to keep it for free)

Downloaded L4D2 for free last night. Didn't see it advertised though, but a friend tipped me off.

Also decided to get Deus Ex HR Director's Cut for £3.24 as part of the Daily Deals, which is even cheaper than the discounted version that was available to anyone who already had the original version of HR, and Missing Link DLC. It's 75% off for today and tomorrow, so it might be worth getting it while it's dirt cheap. Especially if you don't already have the original game.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried Divinity: Dragon Commander? Thinking about buying it if it gets a 50% discount.
Looks interesting.

Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons £3.59

From what I've seen it looks a fantastic game so I'm going to buy it at this price, would pay a little more actually. You need a controller for the game, you control 2 players with each analog stick and come across many puzzles. Quite similar in someways to ICO on PS2.

RAGE is also cheap at £3.24

Last edited:
Everyone with a mediocore or better PC, should go get Assetto Corsa, now. :)
Wheel is preferred ofcourse, but pad works quite well too.

While we're making recommendations, The Swapper, Risk of Rain, Spelunky and Euro Truck Sim 2 are all worth their current prices. Some really great games there, The Swapper especially.

I got Euro Truck Going East DLC, Left for Dead 1 and 2, Counter Strike: GO, Need for Speed Most wanted (New version), and BF:BC2 a couple of days ago.

Got GMod and Poker Night 2 courtesy to @Tornado :cheers:

Also bought Walking Dead: 400 Days for 99p (75% off today). I was originally looking at Walking Dead: Season 2 which is 25% off until Jan 3rd. But since the DLC is also in the sale and because it costs next to nothing, I couldn't say no. Might still pick up Season 2 before Friday.

Last edited:
Yes, season 2 price is pretty decent for Walking Dead

some other stuff
Street Fighter X Tekken £5.74
Street Fighter X Tekken complete pack £7.49
GRID 2 DLC complete £8.49
Metal Gear Rising pre purchase £15.99

So I've bought:

Assetto Corsa (£23ish)
Rogue Legacy (£4.05?)
the Trackmania^2 Celebrat10n pack (Canyon, Valley and Stadium) (£8)
Don't Starve when it was 92% off for a few minutes (£0.95)
Spelunky (£4?)
all the Tomb Raiders (£9)
aaand AeroFly FS (£15).

Also got Pixeljunk Eden, The Stanley Parable and Risk of Rain as gifts for helping a friend re-case his PC.

I think that's the highest average spend ever in a sale for me.

For the last day Steam has many of the most popular deals returning

Skyrim £3.74
Skyrim Legendary £10.19
Tomb Raider £5.99
Tomb Raider mega collection £8.99
Dark Souls £3.99
Far Cry 3 £5.99
Bioshock Infinite £6.24
Dishonored £3.24

and many more

Finally grabbed Season 2 of The Walking Dead while I could. And was gifted ArmA 2: Complete Edition from @Tornado 👍

Not a bad haul over this holiday considering my relative inactivity on Steam.

Back