Stop Quitting the race if you're the host

• Thread starter bill1250
  • 477 comments
It says in the back of the booklet (which I read during the 15 minute install and the 3 attempts of downloading the update) that if you are the host you always start first, so you will know you are the host if you start first so out of consideration for others you should not quit during a race.

To quote the manual:

The host of the event will receive the privilege of starting in pole position on the grid, and will also assume the responsibility for the race as a whole.
^N/A after spec II update

Some people have a finish first or dont finish at all attitude unfortunately, regardless whether starting on poll or not.

Coming from a guy who spells his name daan?

Yes. Or are you about to correct the spelling of someone else's name? I assume that bill1250 appears on your birth certificate?

bill1250
Stop quitting the race if you're host!
People keep quitting the damn race because they're losing. God it's annoying.

You agreed to use proper English - or the best of your ability - when you oh-so-recently signed up to our Acceptable Use Policy.

Wind it in.

Ah ok thanks, i dont mean to be having a go at anyone but i just think thats abit silly, 99% of the time im at the back with my Ford GT Test Car not sure if its down to being a fast car set up at the back but anyway if they quit it ends the game and i know people are likely to end it if there not doing well.

Ah ok thanks, i dont mean to be having a go at anyone but i just think thats abit silly, 99% of the time im at the back with my Ford GT Test Car not sure if its down to being a fast car set up at the back but anyway if they quit it ends the game and i know people are likely to end it if there not doing well.

Wow, after reading that I need a power drink.

Sorry to get back on topic but.............

It says in the back of the booklet (which I read during the 15 minute install and the 3 attempts of downloading the update) that if you are the host you always start first, so you will know you are the host if you start first so out of consideration for others you should not quit during a race.

To quote the manual:
The host of the event will receive the privilege of starting in pole position on the grid, and will also assume the responsibility for the race as a whole.

Some people have a finish first or dont finish at all attitude unfortunately, regardless whether starting on poll or not.

The booklet was made before the Spec II update, the car with the lowest point value starts on the pole so it's most likely the guy on the pole in the loading screen that's the host.

whats it matter if you dont dot all the i's and cross all t's..its a forum at the end of the day, so long as the guy gets his point across and it makes sense, takes no effort and extra brain power to decipher (like txt spk, nw tht is no'yin..!!) dont do any harm does it..??

whats it matter if you dont dot all the i's and cross all t's..its a forum at the end of the day, so long as the guy gets his point across and it makes sense, takes no effort and extra brain power to decipher (like txt spk, nw tht is no'yin..!!) dont do any harm does it..??

Because you agreed to it when you signed up.

AUP
No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated.
Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters. Repeated
violations will be grounds for suspension and/or permanent removal from the
forums.

GTP is also a multi-national board and we have members here who are using English as a sencond language. We should make it as easy as possible for those members to understand what is being written.

Yeah i agree about the host quitting
The person at the number one slot is host and i dont mean your starting position
those are a different kettle of fish altogether, even though we all have the same amount of pps the model of your car determines your starting position
Feel free to correct me if im wrong:)

...it's most likely the guy on the pole in the loading screen that's the host.
That's strange. I thought about this yesterday since every single time I've raced online, I've been on pole position during the sign in screen. I thought it was this way for everyone, are Swedish ISP's really that good?

I'm sorry, but if I'm on pole in a lower powered car (@ Suzuka for example), and someone more than forcefully takes me out into the very wide sand area on the first turn that essentially takes away any chance of catching up, I will exit the race and continue in my attempt to enjoy the game that I paid for. If I wanted to race on my own, I would opt for time trial instead.

Golden Rule:

Don't shunt the host

Especially if it's me. :sly:

I can't tell if I'm the Host or not LOL but using that Tuned Capachino on the first online event, means I allways start at the back.....Usualy finish first though LOL

I don't think people here are dumping rooms because they are losing a race. Unless it is used as a form of aggression toward racers not behaving and take you out coming to the line on the last lap in a drag race when the only 2 cars in the race are you and the dirt bag that took you out!!! (named Nissan_GTR_R35).

I'm sorry, but if I'm on pole in a lower powered car (@ Suzuka for example), and someone more than forcefully takes me out into the very wide sand area on the first turn that essentially takes away any chance of catching up, I will exit the race and continue in my attempt to enjoy the game that paid for. If I wanted to race on my own, I would opt for time trial instead.

Golden Rule:

Don't shunt the host

Especially if it's me. :sly:

Sorry that's just not right!
That will get you on a drivers to avoid list & booted from a private room!

I've had the same thing happen to me but instead of pouting & quitting thereby ruining the race for everyone else I just use it as a test session.

I don't think people here are dumping rooms because they are losing a race. Unless it is used as a form of aggression toward racers not behaving and take you out coming to the line on the last lap in a drag race when the only 2 cars in the race are you and the dirt bag that took you out!!! (named Nissan_GTR_R35).

LOL you too eh! move to the side of the track with the most room and just push him back, then swerver away then wallpo him back they usualy are correcting there steering at this point and you can fairly dump them into the barrier or brake a little and pit manouver them.....Not clean I know but the only way to teach these guys it don't allways work to try and ram people of the track on the straight!:ouch:

Sorry that's just not right!
That will get you on a drivers to avoid list & booted from a private room!

I've had the same thing happen to me but instead of pouting & quitting thereby ruining the race for everyone else I just use it as a test session.

Hmm, Sphinx on a avoid list. Now that would be interesting...

...pout pout.

I agree with Sphinx.

Imagine I'm holding a dinner party. Someone turns up and takes a dump on the hors d'ouevres. You bet your ass that party is over.

Yes, I found it funny too.

Also, now I know which parties not to attend. :P

PS: I just corrected Famine, I wonder how much time do I still have to live...

I think PD should disable the exit option for the host only , in the next patch .
So the only option left for quitters is pressing the PS button and quit , or turning off their system completely .

Back