Stop Quitting the race if you're the host

• Thread starter bill1250
  • 477 comments
I think PD should disable the exit option for the host only , in the next patch .
So the only option left for quitters is pressing the PS button and quit , or turning off their system completely .

:odd: Because.....? I'm sure that you've left a race prematurely. Everyone has. Be it sore losing, or just time constrictions. I think that the game should transfer hosts, so that the game can go on. Like in Halo 3.

Yep, host migration is the way to go.

Ideally there should be dedicated servers, but since there aren't...

Yes, I found it funny too.

Also, now I know which parties not to attend. :P

PS: I just corrected Famine, I wonder how much time do I still have to live...

Get on to CoD4 and you'll find out.

Oh, wait... :D

[/Low Blow]

(just kidding :lol: )

MotorStorm passes the race along if the host leaves (at least it did the last time I played a few months back).

It sure would suck if I was stuck in a race without any friends and I decided to find somewhere safe to dump out of the race and I had to use the PS button. Thus, losing my unsaved prize money and progress, and taking a freaking long time to get back in the game.

I agree with Sphinx.

Imagine I'm holding a dinner party. Someone turns up and takes a dump on the hors d'ouevres. You bet your ass that party is over.

That's comparing apples to oranges!!
This is more like a little kid getting beat in Baseball & so he takes the ball & bat home & ruins the game for everyone else!

But like the guy who "takes a dump on the hors d'ouevres." won't be invited back to any parties, the guy who quits the race while hosting won't be invited back to the private races!

:odd: Because.....? I'm sure that you've left a race prematurely. Everyone has. Be it sore losing, or just time constrictions. I think that the game should transfer hosts, so that the game can go on. Like in Halo 3.

I do agree about the host transfer, that would help things.

The only time I've left a race is when, the host quits & everyone is booted or I get a glitchy connection where the cars are just flying all over the place & it's impossible to have a race
Yes I too have been punted off at the first turn at Suzuka but I just use that as a test run & usually I'm so mad that I make up a lot of time, pass a few cars & get some credits out of it in the end.

For a forum that is so hard core that if you drop a tire off the track in a corner many people feel that time should not count to have a mod say he would quit a race even if he was the host just because he doesn't feel he has "any chance of catching up" just isn't right!

Hopefully they will add stats to online racing & do like motorstorm & show how many races you've dropped out of!

guys,yesterday evening i raced online and started a race as pole sitter,and there were 4 other guys behind me... 3 of them were only out there to do some bashing and bumping!!but the last guy whas not a fast driver but clearly somebody who was learning how to go fast and deff not trying to ruin the race!!now after i was pushed in every gravel trap there was by these 3 idiots i waited for the last guy and tried to have somewhat of a race after all untill the idiots started to wait for us and start banging again!!!!!....
now,normaly i would just sign out to end the race for these 3 ,but i didnt cause the "learner" was there too....so there is the problem:if you are pole man/host,and you encounter some bangers,but clearly there are others who dont...what do you do...???.....i meen i dont whant to spoil anybodys race but i also dont have the patience to race a race where there are guys who ruin it for me and others!!!.................
solution:Private races!!!.....soon...i hope we get them sooooooon!!!

That's comparing apples to oranges!!

If that's what your poop consists of, eat less fruit.

This is more like a little kid getting beat in Baseball & so he takes the ball & bat home & ruins the game for everyone else!

If you have one cheat, the game is already ruined for everyone else.

To be honest I wouldn't want to stick around with a curler steaming in the prawn salad.

But like the guy who "takes a dump on the hors d'ouevres." won't be invited back to any parties, the guy who quits the race while hosting won't be invited back to the private races!

Blocking people who try to ensure fair racing for everyone is a route straight to insanity.

the guy who quits the race while hosting won't be invited back to the private races!

Haha, I actually quit private races now do I. Did I actually say, or even imply that?

These were public races full of happy go lucky dodgem car racers with no desire whatsoever to race fairly. You're actually suggesting that I should waste my very short and valuable spare time by waiting for the little angels to finish their 3 lap race of Suzuka after being shunted off on turn one of lap one, with absolutely no chance of catching even the back marker. I’m sorry, but there is no chance that will happen. :dopey:

The fact is you don't even know who is hosting the game since the spec II update. So people will quit and not knowing if they are hosting.

These were public races full of happy go lucky dodgem car racers with no desire whatsoever to race fairly. You're actually suggesting that I should waste my very short and valuable spare time by waiting for the little angels to finish their 3 lap race of Suzuka after being shunted off on turn one of lap one, with absolutely no chance of catching even the back marker. I’m sorry, but there is no chance that will happen. :dopey:

Exactly what i was about to say, why waste your time on someone who is trying to ruin your race? Now maybe if it's a full race and there is just one or two people racing dirty then i may wait for it to finish, but just for the other peoples sake, heck more than likely they dont want to race with those punks either. Like Sphinx said, i also consider my time that i get to play the game valuable, generally an hour or so before work, and im not gonna set there for half the races i can even get into waiting for those punks to finish there race.

The fact is you don't even know who is hosting the game since the spec II update. So people will quit and not knowing if they are hosting.

And also like Rocket Punch says, you don't know who the host is anymore, so how you gonna make a blacklist of the quiters. Unless of course it says who quit the game and that in turn cause the race to end. I dont have the updated version, so i couldn't really tell you.

I hate it when, 5 seconds before the time limit expires, a screen says "You have lost connection to the host"... D'oh!

I personally couldn't blame the host if they are genuinely honest racers who have been victim to n00b's frequent tendencies to knock people around the track and into the next barrier. I quit all the time primarily because of such.

And that's another good point. 👍

This is the pre-grid image of the last time I was on pole:

BDS8-hhoR1YyI7LtMTP6J0jEwbL9FBt10300.jpg

Was he though?

Regardless of the fact that you see me in 9th position on the pre-grid, I was actually on pole for that race.

Being on pole has nothing to do with hosting as someone already pointed out. The host is determined by your internet connection speed, if you have a 100Mbit line you're pretty much guaranteed to host every race you participate in. The start grid order, however, is determined by the cars' specifications. If you're the host and you quit the race prematurely, the game will also end for the other 15 drivers.

The host is the person who is in pole on the grid screen, but not the person who starts the race in pole. Its fact accept it.

The point was driven home to me last night where this harrygant idiot was the host for suzuka all night. For 11 races straight he spun, he quit, he was host for the next spin and quit. Towards the end I just ended up driving only to take him out and watch the race end.

Its almost impossible to get a race in the euro game. I have gone back to the jpn release. There I can get a few races in with much cleaner races and hosts that dont quit when they realize how much they suck.

What the hell were PD thinking letting western idiots know they can spoil everyones fun by quitting? Though I cant see much evidence of PD thinking anywhere when it comes to online.

I personally couldn't blame the host if they are genuinely honest racers who have been victim to n00b's frequent tendencies to knock people around the track and into the next barrier. I quit all the time primarily because of such.

Then you are part of the problems arent you. When I am knocked off I can almost always recover and make it into the top 3. Perhaps if you didnt quit all the time you could improve your skills and do the same.

Towards the end I just ended up driving only to take him out and watch the race end.

Pot, kettle, black.

Its almost impossible to get a race in the euro game. I have gone back to the jpn release. There I can get a few races in with much cleaner races and hosts that dont quit when they realize how much they suck.

I use the JPN version. See you on the track. 👍

I have not had someone quit in the race ever...I have watched a lot of drivers behind me quit but I always finish the races (as you get 600cr) even if someone has tagged me.

Quite often a car that spins in front of you will be gone a few seconds later!

Haha, I actually quit private races now do I. Did I actually say, or even imply that?

Oh I understand now, your time is more valuable than the 15 other people in the race with you.
So if 1 of them ruins your race you are going to waste everyone else's time by quitting even if your the host. :rolleyes:

Oh I understand now, your time is more valuable than the 15 other people in the race with you.

So if 1 of them ruins your race you are going to waste everyone else's time by quitting even if your the host. :rolleyes:

If there's one cheat in the room, 15 people are already having their time wasted.

If there's one cheat in the room, 15 people are already having their time wasted.

Then I'd suggest you stay off line for a couple of months because that's about how long it took the bashers to go away on the Japanese version.

TheMoose - I think you're being a bit holier-than-thou about this now.

Of course nobody likes being on a race and having the host quit. Especially if you happen to be one of those that likes to have clean and fun races.
But the guy hosting (just like everyone else on the race) doesn't have to put up with people ruin it for everyone and sending them out of the track.

Why should I (or anyone else) be forced to finish a race that is already ruined? What you're saying is that I have to sacrifice my game time to finish races so that both the a-holes and the others get to finish theirs, and probably let those a-holes win it due to their tactics.
Especially now, where private races aren't a reality, I don't know anyone else from anywhere, why should I sacrifice my time for them?
I have always been a clean driver on either real life and in games (online or not), and enjoy racing in games in a healthy way, but always with a good and fair final result in mind. If other people ruin that for me (again, host or not), why should I stick around?

Imagine if this was happening to you on almost all races, would you proceed to finish them all, despite knowing you had real chances of winning them before the incidents?
I highly doubt it.

TheMoose - I think you're being a bit holier-than-thou about this now.

Of course nobody likes being on a race and having the host quit. Especially if you happen to be one of those that likes to have clean and fun races.
But the guy hosting (just like everyone else on the race) doesn't have to put up with people ruin it for everyone and sending them out of the track.

Why should I (or anyone else) be forced to finish a race that is already ruined? What you're saying is that I have to sacrifice my game time to finish races so that both the a-holes and the others get to finish theirs, and probably let those a-holes win it due to their tactics.
Especially now, where private races aren't a reality, I don't know anyone else from anywhere, why should I sacrifice my time for them?
I have always been a clean driver on either real life and in games (online or not), and enjoy racing in games in a healthy way, but always with a good and fair final result in mind. If other people ruin that for me (again, host or not), why should I stick around?

Imagine if this was happening to you on almost all races, would you proceed to finish them all, despite knowing you had real chances of winning them before the incidents?
I highly doubt it.

If I bailed out of every race where I was punted off the road I never would have finished a race in the first month or more when the punters greatly outnumbered the racers.
So yes I stayed in those races & got as many credits by passing as many drivers as I could.

Who is worse?
The A-Hole that ran you off the track & made you decide to quit while you were the host or were you the A-Hole to the other 14 drivers that know nothing about you being punted off but only know that you ruined the race for the rest of them.
To me it's all the same.

As for me being "holier-than-thou" I've been playing online since the Japanese version was released, If you go back & look at the black list of drivers to avoid I stated my frustration at not only the hosts quiting but everyone who decided they couldn't win dropping out & leaving a race that started with 12 drivers down to just a couple of cars.

When you are trying to build credits to buy more cars & you end up with only 2 cars left or get booted just before the finish & end up with little or no credits then the quitters kind of tick you off.

My main problem is a couple of mods at a site that does not tolerate cheaters in any way shape or form should say it's cool to screw the other drivers if it will inconvenience them!

That statement will come back to bite them!

I can understand your POV, but I stick to what I said about having my game time passing by me while driving just out of frustration in order to just finish the race and probably let the cheaters win it.

Plus, if credits are the issue, you can earn them (probably more, I don't know) doing the in-game events.

My main problem is a couple of mods at a site that does not tolerate cheaters in any way shape or form should say it's cool to screw the other drivers if it will inconvenience them!

You're right. We don't tolerate cheaters in any way, shape or form.

The other drivers are already inconvenienced by having to participate in a race where not everyone is playing by the rules.

That statement will come back to bite them!

I'm quaking in my little spaceboots.

Back